It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Socom Confrontation
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:03 pm 
lolmithrapld

With Sony unhappy with how Zipper failed us with Socom III and Combined Assault, Sony gave Slant Six the task of bringing back Socom to its fans the way we wanted it. Slant Six took a look into Socom's hay day of Socom II and have supposedly brought back everything we could ever wish for and more.
Due to be released on October 14th Slant have promised us our Famous Crossroads map and recently confirming both Desert Glory and Frostfire are to be included also!

Thankfully Slant Six have no plans to include vehicles (atm), as in Socom III's huge maps i really hated!

The game's lobby system will be similar to SOCOM II / III, you will be able to join both ranked and unranked matches. Briefing rooms will offer both the auto match-making system, the classic briefing room and a custom game set-up as seen in previous SOCOM titles. The game will support a party system, allowing for players to form a team with their friends and join an online game, I'm already a long time member of AlphaBravo clan, who have been active since the Beta days of Socom and still to this day are under the leadership of the Might Jock aLp14. Clan support will also be in-depth, with team tournaments and clan ladders rewarding top players with different weapons and game items. Users being able to access and manage their clan from SOCOM.com. (Guess i'll have to use this and http://www.alphabravoclan.co.uk )

Players will be able to choose between the classic view or a brand new over-the-shoulder view. The game will support SIXAXIS features for an advanced cover system. For example, if your head is exposed while against a wall, tilt the controller downwards and your character will lower his head (this will take some getting used to but i'm sure it will add to the dynamics of the game). Other new features include a melee knife attack for close-quarters combat as well as a new sprint feature. Talking of close counter Slant Six are to introduce Close counter comms, making the game a whole lot more tactical because you ain't going to want to talk to your team mate if the opposite are within ear shot!

Confrontation will be available by both digital download via the PlayStation Network and Blu-ray Disc; purchasing by Blu-ray will include an official PlayStation bluetooth headset. The new headset will also be available for purchase separately if you download the game or lose the headset that was bundled with the game.

Slant Six has stated that that additional themed downloadable content packs available post launch, such as maps, skins and equipment and have promised that updates will occur every month with new downloadable content every three months!

Hostage Extraction
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/906076/socom-confrontation/videos/hostage_extraction_062708.html;jsessionid=3572d290uh1cc

Kasbah
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/906076/socom-confrontation/videos/Kasbah_062608.html;jsessionid=1ebp9g3b7c5as

Quarantine
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/906076/socom-confrontation/videos/Quarantine_062608.html;jsessionid=bdfa22ktovbm

Post subject: Re: Socom Confrontation
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:05 am 
Random Man

I can't wait until this game is done. I was looking at some new videos of it and it brought back good memories but in a closer camera (resident evil 4 camera position). The game looks awesome. I was going to get Siren Blood Curse on PSN (9gig game with 12 episodes), but I'm waiting on this. I might need a bigger hard drive soon (I have 80gig ps3, the 60gig is for guest entertainment and can't share my psn games).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:38 pm 
lolmithrapld

currently available to reserve at Argos apparently

Details

* This highly anticipated title promises to deliver the ultimate next-generation online combat experience, featuring intense, modern combat action.

* SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation focuses on online play and the global community and clans that support it. With an emphasis on Tournaments, Clan Ladders, Leader Boards, this is exactly what SOCOM fans have been clamoring for. Delivering a true global-scale experience, players can battle online against the best and brightest from Europe, the US and Asia.

* Intense online combat experience with up to 32 players delivered in High Definition.

* 7 highly detailed maps, including the most popular SOCOM map of all time: Crossroads.

* New engine built for PS3 with advanced physics, lighting and ballistics including penetration modeling.

* Play as one of five special forces units: U.S. Navy SEALs, British S.A.S, German KSK, Spanish UOE, and the French 1er RPIMa.

* Unrivaled Community Features with increased clan & ladder support.

* Tournaments available at the regional, national and global levels.

* Advanced player matching enables players to form teams with their friends or join an online game.

* Players will be able to modify their appearance through facial and physical customization.

* Integration with SOCOM.com: Stat tracking, clan management tools, My SOCOM pages and more.

* For ages 16 years and over.

/fap

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:54 am 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

Tyriac wrote:
/fap

IM SO CONFUSED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:03 am 
lolmithrapld

:lmao:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:58 pm 
Random Man

Quote:
Dev Q&A 12

Posted by David “Point Man” Brothers

Dev Q&A! David Seymour is answering your questions. I love the news about encumbrance and that the friends lists will all be the same. I'm a big fan of making things like that as simple and easy to understand as possible. Who all likes that sniping news?

Will confrontation's friends list be a mirror of your xmb friends list, or will it be an independent supplement to the xmb list?
The Confrontation friends list will be the same as your XMB friends list.

Will sniping be relatively the same as SOCOM 3???
It will be similar but because this is not a port there are going to be some differences. Quick sniping is no longer possible!

Can the proximity chat be turned off? Will the player be able to turn it off and just use PTT?
Proximity chat is always on. If you don’t want to give away your position or that of your team then you will have to use your mic tactically, whisper into the mic or otherwise be aware of your position relative to the enemy.

Since there will be a weight factor concerning weapons and such, if you shoot and your ammo decreases, does your speed increase? Same with throwing grenades, smokes, etc.
The encumbrance system is completely real-time, and updates as you expend ordnance such as grenades and rockets.

Oh snap! Can't wait until the beta starts. I got my ticket into the beta but it's taking a long time for them to boot it up ><

I like the proximity chat thing. It's very odd that people are able to talk loud in games like this and not be heard by the enemy that's near the crate that the loud talker is hiding behind. Tactics!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:03 pm 
lolmithrapld

hubby been informed beta trials imminent but haven't said what games yet

hoping confrontation or LBP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:17 pm 
Random Man

I'm going to play the mess out of LBP. Those sackboys/girls are full of awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:53 pm 
Random Man

Betah

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:21 pm 
lolmithrapld

OMFG get me a plane ticket!

i am so jalus rite now :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:32 pm 
lolmithrapld

Red says is it any good????

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:14 pm 
Cock atrice

games like these almost make me wish I had a ps3 :(

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:17 am 
Random Man

Sorry Tyriac. I don't have the beta. I found that picture on the net, but beta for us should be soon going by that picture and the fact that I'm supposed to be in the beta due to my purchase of Quore. I got it just for the beta key.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:06 pm 
Random Man

Quote:
Which SOCOM: Confrontation to buy?
Posted by Seth Luisi
I'm happy to announce we have finalized our release plans for SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation. On the week of October 14th, you'll be able to pick up one of the following versions of SOCOM: Confrontation in North America.

$59.99 SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation
(Bundle Version)
Includes SOCOM Confrontation, a newly designed Bluetooth® Headset for the PLAYSTATION®3 system and exclusive Behind the Scenes videos.

$39.99 SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation
(Stand Alone Version)
For all of the people who want SOCOM: Confrontation on a disc. Does not include the headset or the Behind the Scenes videos.

$39.99 SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation on the
PlayStation Network
SOCOM Confrontation downloadable from the PSN without ever leaving you couch. Does not include the headset or the Behind the Scenes videos.

Details for the rest of the world will be announced by the regional Sony Computer Entertainment offices, but our goal is to have a simultaneous world wide release.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:56 pm 
lolmithrapld

Ploid wrote:
Quote:
but our goal is to have a simultaneous world wide release.

thats what im hoping for :cat: :bowdown:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:51 pm 
Random Man

Socom was never the prettiest looking brunet of the bunch but even though it's a download game this new one looks pretty hott at times.

FROSTFIRE Tyriac! FROSTFIRE!!!

Medals

Quote:
SOCOM: Confrontation Will Make You Love PSN
http://kotaku.com/5033903/socom-confron ... u-love-psn

I had a chance to sit down and get a nice long demo of upcoming SOCOM: Confrontation for the PS3. As someone who wasn’t big into the previous titles in the series before, I wasn’t sure how in the hell I’d like this one. As it turns out, it’s very easy to pick up and get into. And of all the major PS3 releases this fall – and there’s a lot of them - SOCOM is the game you might want to keep an eye on.

It seems like every online shooter coming out nowadays is held to a much higher standard than before when it comes to features and modes. Everyone is trying to outdo each other by having larger multiplayer maps, better cover systems, or smarter AI bots. So it was refreshing to see that SOCOM: Confrontation went the simple route and included none of these.

SOCOM is strictly multiplayer-only (read: no bots) and consists of seven maps. Five are for 32 players and the other two are for only 16. The level I was shown was for 32 players and we played against the QA testers back in Foster City. The game was a little laggy, but nothing that broke the gamplay.

I was surprised when I was told there’s no cover system of any kind. Moving the analog stick slightly forward will allow you to crouch-run, like in Metal Gear Solid 4. Also, for you Sixaxis fans out there, tilting the controller left and right when immobile will allow for peaking around corners. It worked pretty well, but I didn’t think it was all that useful since the gunfire can get hectic at times.

Graphically, the game looks phenomenal. While certain areas look better than others, the overall scope of the map I saw was impressive. In terms of destructibility, there isn’t a lot to blow up. You can blow up cars and barrels, but don’t expect to blow away pieces of buildings or terrain.

While I wasn’t given specific details on trophies, and since there’s no single player campaign, it appears they’ll be tied to your online stats. I assume that means there will be trophies for number of kills, accuracy, victories etc…

There’s also a great deal of customization for your character. You can select from a variety of armor pieces and weapons to bring into a fight, each affecting your overall movement speed and accuracy. There’s also an option to make your own badge if you’re hardcore enough to start making clans.

For a $40 PSN game, this is looking like a title online shooter fans will have a hard to passing up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:59 pm 
lolmithrapld

i soooo can't wait for this baby!

fun times will be had :!:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:21 pm 
lolmithrapld

beta''s start soon , i has fingers crossed as they recon mixed servers so if we both gets!
we can play socom together

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:15 pm 
Random Man

I better get in this fast. The people that got Qore for the beta is said to be in on a late ticket though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:22 pm 
Eden Alumni

I like apple pie.