It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 905 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 46  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:12 pm 
Random Man

New Ryu vs Akuma animated (anime) video. Looks like it's a story mode video from street fighter 4. Ryu flash back to Gouken (sheng long) being killed by akuma, him (ryu) struggling to get up and stuff when he wasn't a trained fighter etc.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_6741_en.html (You can get a 720p download version from here)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZykwT7B2jU

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:04 am 
Random Man

TITLE Advisor
GAME Half Life EP3
ARTIST Ted Backman, Jeremy Bennett, Tristan Reidford
PLATFORMS PC, PS3, Xbox 360

Quote:
The piece--created by Valve artists Ted Backman, Jeremy Bennett, and Tristan Redford--appears to show Half-Life hero Gordon Freeman within a large Citadel-like environment, a Combine Advisor looming ominously overhead.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53545

Post subject: Re: Gaming thread part 2
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:09 am 
Random Man

Too human demo is up now. Gogogog!

I don't know which region though sry. I'm just a messenger.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:30 pm 
Random Man

Eden the game.

There is a demo on PSN called Pixeljunk Eden. It's the third game in the Pixeljunk series. It's game type is platformer, like mario, and whatnot 2d games. I would go into explaining how the game works but I'll rather post youtubes and internet pictures. It's a long demo btw. I'm surprised they let you play so long. It's pretty fun and up to 3 players. Should be even better with 3 people.

Youtube, click pic for url
Bullet points, and explaining what goes on in eden.

Gameplaying skill
Image Image

Quote:
Once the full game of PixelJunk Eden is available, we will be able to directly upload video recordings straight from the game to Youtube.

To record video you must have the full version. Remote Play does not allow recording. Just press start during your gameplay and select "record." You will have up to ten minutes to showcase your awesome skills before uploading. You can also save a higher resolution version to your hard drive, but you will have to upload it manually to YouTube via PC.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:45 pm 
Random Man

With LBP near, I started to think of what I will do for my first level. I'm going to have a level where huge waves of water come crashing down at set times (after 30 seconds a wave of water will engulf the screen). The trick will be to get to these safety pods/spots fast enough between each obstacle. The final fight will have a wave machine that you have to fix to restore the calm artificial waves at the sport center. The boss/machine will spit deadly bolts, and gears, with an occasional wave of water.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:24 pm 
Random Man

SQUARE ENIX presents DKΣ3713 Private Party 2008

duckroll wrote:
When: 2nd and 3rd Aug 2008, 10 AM to 1 PM (Session 1), 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM (Session 2), 5 PM to 8 PM (Session 3)
Where: Harajuku Quest Hall
Official Site: http://www.square-enix.com/jp/event/dks3713/

NEWS

To be filled in as it happens. There will definitely be press at the event, but they probably won't be covering the event "live" since there are no panels or stage events announced for the show at all. As far as we know, each batch of invitations cover a 3 hour block and you're free to enter anytime in that 3 hours. Like Square Enix's usual yearly party there will be trailers running in the theatre room covering the games listed below, while there will be demo stations for the games that have demos at the event. Any announcements or surprises if at all will likely just be in the form of trailers on the trailer reel. Once the first session of the event starts, I'll update the thread here with any news and pics that come out from the event, anyone else posting updates and news that's confirmed will also have that updated into the OP here.

What will be there

"Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII" series

Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) - Video
Final Fantasy Agito XIII (Mobile) - Video
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3) - Video

"Kingdom Hearts" series

[Kingdom Hearts coded (Mobile) - Video
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (DS) - Video, Playable
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (PSP) - Video, Playable

Others

Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP) - Video, Playable
The 3rd Birthday (Mobile) - Video
Sigma Harmonics (DS) - Video, Playable
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete (Blu-ray) - Video

Special Contents

For fans who bring along their PSPs, there will be special content downloads for Dissidia Final Fantasy at the Playstation Spot booths at the event. There are no details as to what these special contents are, but you'll need a PSP with the latest firmware version installed, and a memory stick with free space on it. The amount of space has not been specified either, so it is unlikely to be a demo, probably just wallpapers and themes.

The Party opens in VII hours! Get hyped!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:38 pm 
Random Man

Skate 2. 60fps! Improved/fixed all of skate1's complaints.

I would plagiarize, er copy the article here but it's 5 pages long. For anyone that liked skate 1 this will be worth the read.
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3169104

Video: (the link to the video is having problems. The site redirects to the front page. Maybe it will be back later. Until then... GIFS!!!)

Screens:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:21 pm 
Random Man

FF Vs XIII=PS3 exclusive

VII ACC PS3 bundle, with FXIII demo

VII ACC with demo

Parasite Eve 3 = PsP

FFXIII Agito= PSP

Kingdom Hearts BBS= PsP

Gameplay videos of XIII and XIII VS

Lot of PSP love going around from square. I guess Crisis Core selling so much sparked their interest.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:11 pm 
Cock atrice

Tales of Vesperia
The next part in the series is coming out this month, i'm a big fan of the "Tales" series and am anxious to get my hands on it. Sucks that my 360 is being sent out for repairs =(

Gotta love the real time combat, also, it says on IGN that this game will have 4player online coop elements to it.

The Graphics look sick on the 360

There's a demo out on XBL but I have yet to get my hands on it. Damn you 360 hardware!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:16 am 
Juggernaut Search & Rescue

Getting RE5, i have RE4 for the wii, (Best port and plays awesome)

omg Chris Redfield is like the best RE character ever woooooooo

AND ONLINE CO OP WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

that and Silent Hill Homecoming omg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:46 am 
Random Man

Dead Space >>> RE5. RE5 seems stuck in slow moving world where monsters have a 999 delay weapon. Watching people play RE5 at E3 was boring. It seem like RE4 in HD and a new setting. Dead Space looks scary, has a great story setup, and moves so darn nice (no stop to shoot, and slow mobility). Also there is actually some survival horror to it. You have to ration your ammo and use it all wisely.Something RE seem to have strayed away from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QO7J9KRqM

Developer walkthrough
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC94rmt7 ... re=related

Animated comics (story setup).
Episode 1
Part 1 - Part 2 Part 3

Episode 2
Eh you know what? Just go here for the animated comics. The episodes aren't split up and the image quality is better than youtube.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:56 am 
Random Man

Most amazing madden 09 play? I think so, with that benny hill music (Yakety Sax) it is win.
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/183005

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:02 pm 
Cock atrice

Mortal Kombat vs DC universe

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37641.html

I was skeptical at first, but looking at the demo for it, it seems that this game shows promise. I still find it hard picturing scorpion fighting Super man but some of the elements of combat and the combos look cool and innovative. Definitely what I like the most is the free-falling combat.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:18 pm 
Random Man

Yea me too, I thought it was silly at first, but after seeing it in motion it has that MK2 feel. I love it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:12 pm 
Cock atrice

I saw a comment somewhere that this game will lack fatalities, if this is true I'm going to be angry lol cuz I loved them. Honestly, I haven't played a MK game since like... the one for Playstation that allowed you to use weapons and such, I haven't been much of a hardcore fan of the series but the games have always been fun. I just wish they brought back the Marvel vs Capcom series :Q__

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:56 pm 
Random Man

It has fatalities, just that batman, superman etc don't have fatalities because they don't kill people. They may have their own thing though. They might put you in a ice cage, or restrain you with the old bat cuffs. They said Catwoman might have a fatality though, or something brutal.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:34 pm 
Cock atrice

Games like these make me wish I had a ps3 =/

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/narut ... ler-3?hd=1

Probably the best NA Naruto game to come out.
Naruto: The Broken Bond, is coming out for 360 but it doesn't compare to this game imo /sigh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:27 pm 
Keyboard Cowboy

Ploid wrote:
It has fatalities, just that batman, superman etc don't have fatalities because they don't kill people. They may have their own thing though. They might put you in a ice cage, or restrain you with the old bat cuffs. They said Catwoman might have a fatality though, or something brutal.

MK characters have Fatalities. DC characters have Brutalities.

iirc :cat:
dionious wrote:
Games like these make me wish I had a ps3 =/

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/narut ... ler-3?hd=1

Probably the best NA Naruto game to come out.
Naruto: The Broken Bond, is coming out for 360 but it doesn't compare to this game imo /sigh

I really want this game. Also if any1 in this ls gets it and plays it in english i will hunt u down and tear off ur ears. The dubbing is just SO fkn lame!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:23 pm 
K-Fed Stunt Double

I read in this months game informer that the new socom would have 256 onlineplayer online battle fields. Divided up into 8 man squads. sounds pwn.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:54 pm 
Random Man

28minute demonstration of Ninja Storm by the devs. Mission mode stuff in it and such. It start off with them watching the trailer Dionious posted, it's more than that don't worry.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/DMPrince/videos/1/ (edit: oops forgot link)

Quote:
The missions are broken down by ranking. and to get all of it of course you have to complete the mission. it's also broken down by the story arc. They said to complete the whole game it'll take around 30 hours. We'll see. Missions, Boss Battles, + Mini Game [Racing, Hide and Seek, etc.] more to be announced later.

As for the roaming in the village you can jump, shoot items. talk to NPC, you can wall jump, Naruto Cannon to throw his clone using a projectile gauge. there's some shuriken shooting.

Also, the cutscenes are real time rendering. like you saw in DBZ but it looks smoother i guess. Battles with big bosses are just like regular fights against the regular sized folks but in the video it shows off some QTE sequence similar to how God of War does it [which they do reference it]

there are icons of NPC which have question mark which shows important information or start a mission [other way to start a mission is going to the menu and going into mission mode]

completing missions you get items to increase your chakra, get skills, and stuff. and it'll be reflected on free battle mode. you also get food items where you can take it to the ramen shop so they can create items for naruto. using it you can maybe increase naruto's chakra gauge. Different Ramen can give you skills and technique. There's a legendary ramen. ;o

One of the questions asked was did they hear about Ubisoft's Naruto Game. they sort of laughed but they said as naruto fans they are quite looking forward to the game but they kept snickering.

I like the menu presentation. That is all :lol

One of the questions asked was did they hear about Ubisoft's Naruto Game. they sort of laughed but they said as naruto fans they are quite looking forward to the game but they kept snickering.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 905 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 46  Next