It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: E3 08 info thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:56 pm 
Random Man

Full FFXIII trailer.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36222.html

New Fallout 3 trailer with gameplay. (by people that made Oblivion :\ )
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36202.html

New Resident Evil 5 trailer. A black female lead character D:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36228.html

New Mirror's Edge trailer. Second link is a developer's walkthrough of the game.
http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/949457/m ... 7140B.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36297.html

New Resistance 2 trailer.
SD: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36208.html
HD: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36207.html

Prince of Persia (ICO 2)
SD: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36271.html
HD: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36270.html

----------------------------------------Nintendo----------------------------------------

Animal Crossing: City Folk (online animal corossing, beauty salons, and fast food)

GTA: Chinatown wars (Nintendo DS)

Wii sports resort (includes a new wii mote attachment that makes aiming more accurate)

Wii music. Play drums, sax, and other instruments with the wii mote and your wii avatar in a band. Classic jazzy music demonstrated. Multiplayer like rock band with different instruments, only need the wii mote and that nun chuck(?). A large variety of instruments, and percussions. Oh wii balance board is used for the drum set beats.

That's it. No new Mario, Fzero, Zelda, Kid Icarus, Pilotwings, or any type of game other than the snowboarding, animal crossing, and wii sports summer resort...
Image Times are a changing.

----------------------------------------Playstation 3----------------------------------------

Motorstorm 2 Pacific Rift
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_6823_en.html (vid)

Ratchet and clank quest for booty (PSN game). It looks like the blu ray version and is like a episode of challenging platforming missions for $13 or so.

MAG. A 200+ player game per battle/world? By the people that made socom 1, 2, 3, etc (Zipper).

Movie download service. $1.99 for tv episodes, $2.99 - $5 for movie rentals, $9-18 for movie ownership. You can transfer all of the movies over to psp.

There was a lot of PS2, and PSP stuff going on that I didn't pay much attention to.

----------------------------------------Xbox 360----------------------------------------
Microsoft have a new avatar system. You can pick their clothes and chat with your other xbl friends. Also you can make a party and launch games from the dashboard with said friends.

FFXIII will appear on 360, no word on FF vs XIII. It's only for the US, and Europe (odd). Might start development after JP launch due to translation process.

New xb360 dashboard interface. It's like a cross between xmb and wii channel (the different areas are called channels also).

You can now view your net flix movies on xbox 360. Not sure on the restriction.

Post subject: Re: E3 08 info thread
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:21 am 
Random Man

Resident Evil pictures.

More here:
[URL="http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/residentevil5/images.html"]http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/residentevil5/images.html

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:04 am 
Galkan Sausage

dude, RE5 looks so kick ass.... :Q________

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:50 am 
Random Man

Rage by ID (the Doom3 people) this is pc. Looks insane, darn. The PS3 and Xbox 360 port is 60fps.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/user ... 39391.html

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:01 am 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

It can also be used...
as a hat!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:39 am 
Crustache

zomgaaaaaaaaaaawd fallout 3. i wonder if it will be kinda like fallout 2... so many hours wasted on that game (had to love making your char as dumb as a brick and putting all your points into h2h combat. let's punch EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING to death with our barefists - last boss included)

kinda excited about RE5 and PoP too. they look really good. now... if only i wasn't completly broke and could afford some of the new gen consoles...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:42 am 
Random Man

Infamous
(sanbox, with superpowers) Update July 16. 1:16am

*Updated*Best video that demonstrates what the game is about. 13mins long and awesome (since I didn't like gta4, and liked sly cooper)
http://e3.gamespot.com/video/942025/619 ... 008_videos

SD: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36316.html
HD: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36317.html

July 15, 2008 - We haven't heard much about inFamous since its debut trailer was shown at last year's E3, but all that is changing this week as Sucker Punch and Sony are planning on blowing the cover off of one of the PlayStation 3's biggest upcoming titles. We fired off a ton of questions to Nate Fox, game director over at Sucker Punch, to find out about the game. Here's what he had to tell us:

IGN: How does the game begin? What can you tell us about the story and Cole's history? Who exactly are you up against?

Nate Fox: The game begins as Empire City is rocked by a large explosion. Cole is a city messenger, who delivers a package to the epicenter just a few moments before the blast. Unlike others in the vicinity of the blast, Cole survives and escapes the collapsing city center. Why he survived, who's behind the blast, and what has changed within Cole, those are key plot points along the way to unraveling the story of inFamous.

IGN: How much choice do you have in being good or evil? Is it on the scale of Knights of the Old Republic, where your actions carry over for the length of the game?

Nate Fox: We don't think of good and evil as binary choices in the narrative the player makes. It's not like you come to the point in the script where must press Circle to rescue the trapped baby, or press Triangle to apprehend the carjacker. Instead you are playing through the game deciding how at each moment you want to proceed. If you lob grenades across the street, you'll probably harm some civilians along with the thugs there. Maybe that's the choice you make, maybe not. Similarly, the civilians don't just have a love or hate relationship with Cole, each person and each small neighborhood in the city has a unique relationship with Cole, and they'll act that out during gameplay.

IGN: Are you able to control your powers to just knock people out instead of killing them if you wish to play the good angle?

Nate Fox: Absolutely. The hero has a variety of powers- some are surgical, some are not lethal, doing the minimum amount of damage to incapacitate the enemy; some are brutal, leading to overkill moments and lots of collateral damage. The choice of which to use and when is up to the player. They'll just have to live with the consequences.

IGN: What sorts of powers will players have access to through the game?

Nate Fox: Probably the best way to characterize it without being overly specific right now is to think in groups. There are pure offensive powers (smaller bolts, lightning strikes) which you can see in the videos. There are electro-kinetic powers (blasts and grenades) and there are heroic powers (shock-healings, arrests). There will of course be more than the list here, but I'm just trying to give you the basic groupings now.

IGN: With regards to electricity, does he control it or simply generate it without a direct target?

Nate Fox: A good way to think of it is Cole is developing command of electricity. He's not an intrinsic source of energy, but he's able to manipulate it quite effectively.

IGN: Given that this is essentially a superhero game, does that mean that we're going to see some over-the-top boss battles?

Nate Fox: Enthusiastically YES! We think having incredible villains is core to this genre. …and that's all I can say for now. :)

IGN: How does movement play into the overall mechanics? How easy is it to leap around from wall to rooftop to light post?

Nate Fox: Pre-blast, Cole's passion was urban exploring. He's got excellent climbing and athletic skills; climbing up a face of a building, leaping across rooftops, and jumping from a light post to the elevated train tracks are all things Cole can effortlessly execute. We've worked really hard to try to make the climbing and movements all feel great, and we're excited with where we are.

IGN: How immersive and full is the world? Will you see people going about their business, like you might in Grand Theft Auto?

Nate Fox: We have a team of guys who are working on that specific area! It's not just "going about their business" to add flavor for flavors sake though. The entire city is built up from objects the citizens can use and interact with. When you enter new areas of the city, the civilians are unhappy and desperate – you'll find them digging through trash, sleeping on the streets. As the tide turns in the city, their behaviors will all change. This all is one of the most important and visible parts of making you feel heroic or villainous.

IGN: How destructible is the city?

Nate Fox: When you get done fighting in the street it'll often look as if a tornado has torn through the place --it's very satisfying. But really the city is more than just destructible... it's completely wired for electricity and conduction. It's also completely climbable and useful for combat.

IGN: Do other characters in the game have powers like Cole, or is he one-of-a-kind?

Nate Fox: I'm going to politely duck this question in terms of specifics, but we certainly think it would be a very boring game if Cole didn't meet any powerful enemies.

IGN: How does the power progression work, and how are new abilities introduced to players?

Nate Fox: We will be discussing that in the near future.

IGN: inFamous has drawn a lot of comparisons to Prototype. What makes inFamous stand out against its competition?

Nate Fox: This is probably a question for me to ask you!

IGN: Being that Cole's powers look to be largely electric in nature, does that mean that water is a hazard to him?

Nate Fox: Not a bad guess. Not that I'm confirming anything….

IGN: What sort of cool whiz-bang visual tricks are we going to see? Are you implementing pro-pixel leatherization diffusion?

Nate Fox: I think the most important "visual trick" isn't really a trick at all. It's building the technology and artwork necessary to create an incredibly detailed urban landscape. Buildings are detailed down to the last window frame, lighting sconce and storefront. Of course this is necessary for us because you're climbing all over everything! Oh, I guess the other "trick" is that we're using a somewhat unusual lighting model called Deferred Shading. That makes it possible for us to have any and every light in the scene moving, flickering, or changing colors. It's not just the headlights on all cars, it's also the power grid turning on and off, and Cole destroying individual pieces of the lighting setup.

IGN: Could Cole beat Batman? (You can answer Adam West vs. Michael Keaton vs. Christian Bale as separate answers if you'd like)

Nate Fox: Cole certainly has a larger arsenal of powers than Batman, but … he's Batman. Let's just say I'd pay a lot of money to read the graphic novel that had that battle in it!

IGN: Why the shift from the family-friendly Sly Cooper to a much darker theme?

Nate Fox: First, we'd worked for 6 years on Sly, and we were ready for a change. However, I think the technology and pipeline we've built for inFamous will make a stunningly great Sly Cooper title if the time ever arrives!

IGN: What movies, comics or anything else has inspired elements of the game?

Nate Fox: Batman: No Man's Land. DMZ graphic novels. Grounded superhero movies (e.g. Batman Begins).

IGN: Are there going to be scattered secrets through the game to find to encourage replayability?

Nate Fox: It would be crazy for us to build a super richly detailed city and not hide at least some items in our favorite places!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:43 am 
Random Man

Fallout 3 is a fps :\. You can build weapons with trash and stuff. I'm sure you can do the h2h thing like Fallout2.

----------------------------
Resistance

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:04 pm 
Random Man

Update for nintendo!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:23 pm 
Daddy

Ploid wrote:

New Fallout 3 trailer with gameplay. (by people that made Oblivion :\ )
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36202.html

Looks good, but also looks just like any other FPS. I hope it still retains some of the RPG elements. Fallout is supposed to be about the possiblity of taking different character types through a game and being able to win. Thief, diplomat, hulk, ect.

This looks like you get one option... Rambo. I really don't buy the premise of a 19 year old who has known nothing of war or combat, leaving his vault and taking on armies of supermutants in his blue jumpsuit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:59 am 
Random Man

Holy kwap Killzone multiplayer

Killzone 2 Badge System:

Rather than adhere to a rigid character class system, Killzone 2’s online mode allows the player to mix abilities from different roles to better suit his / her preferred style of play. Abilities are represented by badges: the primary badge defines the main role of the player character, as well as its outward appearance, while the secondary badge serves as a complementary ability that enhances the main role.

Although their player characters look different, both Helghast and ISA factions have the same set of roles and badges to choose from. Here they are, from left to right:

Rifleman:
The default multiplayer character is assigned when no primary badge is selected. A secondary badge may still be added. Riflemen can start with most weapons, except for the specialized ones.

Engineer:
Primary badge ability: Sets up an automated turret which targets the enemy.
Secondary badge ability: Repairs ammunition dispensers, mounted guns, and automated turrets.

Medic:
Primary badge ability: Revives downed team mates.
Secondary badge ability: Throws a health pack, which can be picked up by other players.

Scout:
Primary badge ability: Uses a cloaking suit to become near-invisible.
Secondary badge ability: Tags all on-screen enemy players with a hidden marker, which broadcasts their coordinates to team mates.

Assault:
Primary badge ability: Dons heavy armour twice as strong as normal.
Secondary badge ability: Temporarily boosts running speed.

Tactician:
Primary badge ability: Throws a coloured smoke grenade, which serves as a spawn point.
Secondary badge ability: Requests air support from a sentry bot which targets the enemy.

Saboteur:
Primary badge ability: Assumes the disguise of a randomly selected enemy player.
Secondary badge ability: Throws a sticky, proximity-activated C-4 charge.

Holy kwap it's like FFXI's main job/sub job system + TF2's class types.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:56 pm 
Goblin Smithy

I'll be getting RE5 for sure so come play online coop wif me :P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:08 pm 
Juggernaut Search & Rescue

no me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:19 pm 
Orcish Spamerizer

Wow there's some really nice software coming out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:24 pm 
Cock atrice

One thing that ticked me completely off about RE5 is it uses the EXACT same falling system as RE4. Every enemy I saw that got shot fell in a most familiar way... Atleast it'll still be cool as fuck. :<

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:22 pm 
Orcish Spamerizer

Killer answer your pms prz. :pissed:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:53 pm 
Cock atrice

I already read it. I don't know LR and DD that well anymore and the last time I started talking to them it ended up in both them blowing up on me and calling me an arrogant asshole. So, I'll leave it to the people that actually know them now-a-days. Now, BACK TO GAMING.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:36 pm 
Random Man

Omg so funny.

Mega64: E3 2008 Day 1
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don't watch if you are epileptic. There are a lot of flashing alternating lights at within the video at points.

Mega64: E3 2008 Day 2
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Omg awesome funny stuff. Ok background, Bungie had a countdown on it's website that was supposed to end during e3 and they were going to make an announcement. There were a lot of people anticipating the announcement. Ok background done. Look at this video now.

Mega64: E3 2008 Day 3