It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:52 pm 
Random Man

So when I checked to see if I was able to mod the gun (I wasn't. Description says something about the gun being a race gun that's modified for combat use) I figured why not have some fun with it to see how it was for fighting stuffs. Well things got interesting.

Losing the fight. But I was having fun. The thing tore up the hall, and bumped his head on the area I show with the raiden mask. You can see where it bumped, and the shredded hall due to it's size barely fitting through. I beat the game but was pretty giddy trying to kill it with a gun. I hit the back of his knees to cause him to throw a fit (immobilize him) and try to walk again.

Big pic of the other side of the Race Gun.

Using that gun puts snake in a combat high pretty quick. I have to tap the fire button like crazy though. Worn out snake below (after effects of combat high).

Yea there was no way I was winning this straight up with a pistol, or at least this pistol. I did a lot of running and dodging.

Changed guns to a automatic pistol (pwn gun).

It's still no use so I changed to a anti tank weapon. Good bye mwahahaha!

OMG it's still alive. Did I miss wut.. oh crap what's that soun

Edit: Gah I gotta stop posting, but I just have to add this.

Worth every penny!

:lmao:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:12 pm 
Goblin Smithy

Ploid wrote:
Oops, you were right. It was already in my inventory. I have a crap load of guns that I didn't even notice it. I have one call 7seven or something that I didn't even hack yet.

There was a spooky ghost in his picture but I guess it only show up in the game's photo mode.

The ghost, MKIII, and Me. Musical coming near you.

I hope this is a new page. I can't view the first page on my console without getting a error.

Edit: About the race gun pics. It has 0 mods on it. I'm not sure what parts I could have put on it. I'll Check next chance I get.

That is fucking epic. Thanks :D

OH and another thing. Can you unlock extra weapons in MGO than the ones already there? Like if you do something specific (like an achievement) in single player, you unlock an extra in MGO like a weapon or a piece of clothing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:33 am 
Random Man

MGO's weapon system is like CS I think. After a round you get points based on how good you played, with those points you can buy better weapons between rounds, or after you die, oh and during play you can just go back to your team's square zone to buy the new weapon and restock on throwaway weapons (traps, grenades, etc). There is a possibility more weapons will be added in time. Konami added a few new things recently but for the JP side so far. NA will get the update later.

Instructor skill (obtained by training newbs in the training mode that's currently available but no reward for training people until this is out.

When it come out I'll try my best to unlock this. I want to intimidate people and have a edge on people in this way. "Soldier! Get over here, and look at my pron traps!"

Also abou your question earlier. The pistol, sub machine guns, shotguns, sniper rifles, assault rifles, blades, hand to hand fighting, and pretty much every form of offensive ability (throwing distance, trap laying, and such) has a specific skill you can level up. But it also require slots, and picking which skills you want, to use, and which ones you want to start leveling to master rank is what defines the type of role you would most likely play for the team. I'm a type of demolition expert. I don't knock down doors with explosives, but I can blow crap up. I just choose to use pron books because it's funny, and let's me get easy headshots if I trap some people. I'm able to trick people into chasing me and lead them straight into a trap. Funny stuff.

Oh and this is a 3rd person game. Not everyone like that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:58 am 
Goblin Smithy

Good stuff. I'm an old school socom 1 and 2 player so 3rd person is fine for me lol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:28 am 
Random Man

Man this dude is the most amazing MGS4 player I have ever seen. The Boss Extreme mode. It's like this is some jackie chan planned level of precision. I get alerts just trying to get close to a pmc in this mode. \I need to get some skills like this.

Warning highly spoiler filled. A whole level in act 2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH60MOvrAog

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:48 pm 
Black Thumb

oman, the most impressive part was right at the beginning when he jumped on the top of that building, tranq'd the guy in the building, swung through the hole, and then (the most impressive part) waited for that guy to walk through the opening in the window. Clearly he's studied the character movements for quite a while.

Ploid, how do you get no kills without killing the bosses?

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:18 pm 
Random Man

Tranq gun, or the vring rounds with a shotgun. Also you don't have to kill the beauty bosses with none leathal until the are out of their suits, when the are walking in those skin uniforms then you use the tranq guns. For vamp it's easy, just tranq/vring him for one death then when he get up grab him and use the thing. For mantis don't shoot the doll with a lethal weapon.

If you want the solar gun you have to kill the frogs in the first act, and the beautys in their robot forms with tranq/none lethal weapons also. Don't forget to obtain the action figure before killing the naked beauty though. It's around somewhere, and you might not be able to get it after you kill both forms.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:27 am 
Random Man

MGS4 Group Theraphy (video, improv with the mgs cast)