Crustache

swieter wrote:
Oh, and I say our first female president should be

KARIANA!!!!!

can i be first lady?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:31 am 
Sunshine lover

Scorsese wrote:
I couldn't tell you the difference between a democrat and a republican to save my life.

a democrat fights for your healthcare. a republican throws you back over the fence.

and what if his middle name is hussein? if a terrorist's last name was kennedy, would you still vote for him if he ran for president?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:57 am 
Isabella's Mommy

swieter wrote:
Oh, and I say our first female president should be

KARIANA!!!!!

I like the sound of this ... :love:

Darkwarrior wrote:
can i be first lady?

siure dw, but you dont get any interns :cat:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:08 am 
Goblin Smithy

So whats in a name? Well, usually it defines you. It can tell people where your from, what nationality you are, religion your family has history with. It can be the first thing people see and know before ever seeing you. On paper, no one knows I'm Korean. Jonathan Lee Swieter, does that sound Korean? No, it looks like it could be German or Dutch name. Makes me out to be a white person. Whats in a name right? Most of you are going on about not coming to conclusions about people just by their name. Yes, its not right, but it is something people will ALWAYS look at. Skin color doesnt mean anything to me, but how tan you are to the next person. Now ask yourself. What would you do if your parents told you that they are going to change their names to Adolf Hitler and Marybeth Tinning, or Ted Bundy, Charles Manson. Would you care? Would you marry or date someone with a name like that? If you tell me it wouldnt bother you, I would have to say your full of crap! Its human behavior to be bothered by associations of that sort. It's not right, but its hard to get over. I only point out his name because he still has ties to what his name represents. He associates with muslims of the extreme type, or people who associates with extremist muslims. His pastor has accepted money from muslim groups before. So I'm sorry if I keep bringing up his name and it bothers you. I just dont accept that he says hes a christian and not a muslim. That he is hiding a lot from the American people he says he wants to represent to the world. Its not a race issue with me. Its the "who he associates with" issue I have with him.

Ploid or Dionious should run for President and I'll vote for them no problem!!! As long as they dont run against Kariana. And DW I think wants Kariana as his assistant :P

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:53 pm 
Sex in a Cup

I think dw wants kari as his baby mama.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:19 pm 
Black Thumb

I will never understand racial differences.

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:47 pm 
Eden Alumni

Jaye wrote:
Scorsese wrote:
I couldn't tell you the difference between a democrat and a republican to save my life.

a democrat fights for your healthcare. a republican throws you back over the fence.

and what if his middle name is hussein? if a terrorist's last name was kennedy, would you still vote for him if he ran for president?

I didn't ask for an explanation, dear...I don't care. :cat:

As far as Obama goes, I hope he loses. Not because I think he'll do a crappy job, but simply because he is black.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not racist against people of a different color, but there are lots of people out there who are, and I get the feeling that if he becomes president, he'll be shot dead within a month.

Let's keep things safe and stick with the white man!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:00 pm 
Bitter Canadian

I heard Hillary say that if someone were to fuck with Israel, as in nuke it that if she was president they would OBLITERATE whoever did it... think she said Iran specificaly idk

Now I'm all for racial harmony but let's face it, some people are just too ignorant to have their minds changed without swift and blinding violence. South in the civil war or nazis weren't changing their minds with "open discussion" or whatever you want to call it.

Living north of you people cwutididthere?! personally I would rather someone in power willing to ERASE our enemies rather then trying to discuss why we think they should stop wanting to kill us, but that's just me :spin:

VOTE FOR OLDEnWHITE! NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR CHANGE!
also lol at how much money americans spend on their elections

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:24 pm 
Gender Illusionist

swieter wrote:
So whats in a name? Well, usually it defines you. It can tell people where your from, what nationality you are, religion your family has history with. It can be the first thing people see and know before ever seeing you. On paper, no one knows I'm Korean. Jonathan Lee Swieter, does that sound Korean? No, it looks like it could be German or Dutch name. Makes me out to be a white person. Whats in a name right? Most of you are going on about not coming to conclusions about people just by their name. Yes, its not right, but it is something people will ALWAYS look at. Skin color doesnt mean anything to me, but how tan you are to the next person. Now ask yourself. What would you do if your parents told you that they are going to change their names to Adolf Hitler and Marybeth Tinning, or Ted Bundy, Charles Manson. Would you care? Would you marry or date someone with a name like that? If you tell me it wouldnt bother you, I would have to say your full of crap! Its human behavior to be bothered by associations of that sort. It's not right, but its hard to get over. I only point out his name because he still has ties to what his name represents. He associates with muslims of the extreme type, or people who associates with extremist muslims. His pastor has accepted money from muslim groups before. So I'm sorry if I keep bringing up his name and it bothers you. I just dont accept that he says hes a christian and not a muslim. That he is hiding a lot from the American people he says he wants to represent to the world. Its not a race issue with me. Its the "who he associates with" issue I have with him.

Ploid or Dionious should run for President and I'll vote for them no problem!!! As long as they dont run against Kariana. And DW I think wants Kariana as his assistant :P

That's great and all except he didn't choose his name, didn't choose a black Muslim dad (even though unlike you, I don't think anything is wrong with this), and he's been going to church for the last 20 years.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:44 pm 
Goblin Smithy

But he says he doesnt agree with what his pastor says/represents.... for the past 20 years?! His spiritual leader is wrong about his message? All of a sudden? Hmmm. Anyway, I think the wrong black man is running for president imo. I still feel Col. Powell should have run instead of George Bush Jr.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:20 am 
Isabella's Mommy

News article in the economist highlights exactly why I dont think Obama will win:

Quote:
But that does not make Mr Obama the new messiah. The former law teacher has had obvious problems convincing America's middle-class voters that he understands their concerns. He has also displayed a worrying, somewhat Clintonian slipperiness on difficult issues, both trivial (whether he would wear a flag-pin) and significant (whether he would talk to rogue states). His victory, it must be noted, has been wafer-thin: in terms of delegates, a couple of hundred out of 4,500; in votes, only a few tens of thousands out of 35m. In the end, the Democrats have, very narrowly, opted for the candidate who has put together a novel coalition of blacks, young people and liberal professional sorts, rather than the candidate of their more traditional blue-collar base. How this coalition fares against the Bushless Republicans remains to be seen.

And on the war:

Quote:
The choice will be starkest over Iraq. Mr McCain backed the war in the first place, and he proposes to stay the course there no matter how long it takes. Mr Obama opposed the “dumb” war from the start and has pledged to withdraw all combat troops within 16 months, though he has lately wriggled a little on this commitment. Although most Americans now think the war was a mistake, polls suggest that Mr McCain's determination to see it through may stand him in better stead with voters than Mr Obama's determination to pull out whatever the consequences, especially since the tide of war seems at last to have shifted firmly in America's favour. In general, Mr McCain will offer a much more robust approach to security issues than Mr Obama—and that may help him.

You can read the entire article here here

This conversation about focusing on peoples names...c'mon a name is usually your first indicator of a person, or at least forms your initial thought on what a person will be like before you get to know them. The other day I was supposed to meet someone named Pat..I honestly thought it was going to be a woman, not even thinking that Pat is short for Patrick (I've worked with a lot of women named pat >_>) And I'm sure if you found out someones real name or even the name they go by was Barbie for example, wouldnt most of you guys think shes a blonde bimbo and the girls would probably assume shes a dumb blonde. So you cant say you never make assumptions based on purely someones name. But should your entire decision of a person be based on their name... absolutely not.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:01 am 
Sex in a Cup

I am naming my first son Long Dong

and if I have a girl, Va, with the middle names of jay and jay

think about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:07 am 
Isabella's Mommy

M fkn G wrote:
I am naming my first son Long Dong

and if I have a girl, Va, with the middle names of jay and jay

think about it.

:fag:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:08 pm 
Sex in a Cup

Anyway. Israel doesn't need military support, just political.

6 days war... LOLMIDDLEEASTERNARMIES!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:05 pm 
Juggernaut Search & Rescue

my sons name will be "Call" you guys can so guess the rest.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:24 am 
Gender Illusionist

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ioy90nF2anI&feature=related

Inconsistencies, racism, and lies yay!

http://bravenewfilms.org/blog/38133-mcc ... troy-islam

LMAO, I guess both candidates hang around crazy extremists pastors who are "spiritual guides"... Which one is worse?

Quote:
You may have heard of Rev. John Hagee, the McCain supporter who said God created Hurricane Katrina to punish New Orleans for its homosexual "sins." Well now meet Rev. Rod Parsley, the televangelist megachurch pastor from Ohio who hates Islam. According to David Corn of Mother Jones, Parsley has called on Christians to wage war against Islam, which he considers to be a "false religion." In the past, Parsley has also railed against the separation of church and state, homosexuals, and abortion rights, comparing Planned Parenthood to Nazis.

John McCain actively sought and received Parsley's endorsement in the presidential race. McCain has called Parsley "a spiritual guide," and he hasn't said whether he shares Parsley's vicious anti-Islam views. That's because the mainstream media refuses to ask. And so, we've taken matters into our own hands, joining Mother Jones to present the truth about McCain's pastor.

http://TheRealMcCain.com/

Lucky for McCain his parents' named him John or he'd be fucked!

tl;dr = America is screwed regardless :lmao:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:33 am 
Peaches 'n Cream

In all honesty, and I'm not American so shoot me down why don't you if you feel the need to shut me up with "gtfo our elections", but the McCain dude just looks like a Tortoise to me. He seems like a Bush v2, and look at what a fantastic job Bush has done. Bush is a babbling, fumbling, and verbal diahorrea fanatic that suffers from chronic Freudianess (and that's not even a word) of the slippery kind. McCain, when challenged with a toughy question, seems like a stumbler who is just too long in the tooth, brings too much concentration on foreign affairs to the table, and fails to look at what's going on at home.

However, all 3 (Bush, Obama and McCain) can be accused of something which, I believe, is something that no leader should have, or bring to the table...

...Religion.

It's all cool believing in a greater purpose, and you can kid yourself into afterlife and demon spirits, and higher planes of existance, heaven and hell, and give meaning to born-via-death if you want to, but I honestly believe that you cannot effectively run a country as a devout Christian. It's just stupid. It's so contradictory. Infact, mixing anything with Politics is a mess.

Bush is very religious, is he not? Doesn't seem like McCain is that much, but Obama is. I think that both endorse some well-known Clerical figure because a vast majority of Americans are Christians, so you look like you are one of them by getting people of their clan on your side, hoping the rest of the herd (re: Congragation) will follow suit.

I mean, without Religion, where would the world be? You certainly wouldn't be fighting over Islam and Christianity issues of a conflicting nature, that's for sure. The West went to the East because the East don't like the way the West infiltrated their countrys. There's a film out there that hit this point very poigniantly home to me recently ("The Kingdom"). Then again, it's always been a point where one man's greed sees him sending other people on his crusade to be the best at something. A Man aways has an issue, and that's the size of his Penis. Pharaoh's built Pyramids as tall as they possibly could; the taller and grander it was, the more reveered you'd be in the afterlife. Ceaser conquered most of the known world. Columbus chartered the world. Hitler branished his vision across all of Europe. And Bush, not necessarily because of him directly (cause-and-effect), started off a War that DOES affect the rest of the entire WORLD through the pretence of 'Peace to the Middle East'. Sup Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Honestly, I'd vote for the guy who wants the shit Bush started to be over and done with as soon as possible. Not linger around for a further CENTURY for what, exactly? If Guy A is all like, "Yo, you be bombin' my homies, so I bomb yours!" and the other guy is like, "Well, what if I stop bombin' ur homies, will you stop bombin' mine?", perhaps they together can be like, "K, I stop bombin' you if you turn blind eye to what happens in this country" and everyone can just get along.

As for people like Mugabe and whatnot, jesus, if you guys can go in and start something with Iraq, gtfo to Zimbabwe please. What's invading another country gonna hurt anyway!

...But yeah. I'd vote Obama, cuz McCain has a VERY patronising tone calling everyone his "friends"... Exactly what age are we living in now? 1970s? I'm not your friend, I'm your ticket to ruling the world. Wanna straight talk, let's dance!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:02 pm 
Sex in a Cup

While religion shouldn't be a main point, it is. I don't blame the canidates, because it would be an issue regardless.

Peace in the middle east, blame the UK for that. Giving the jews their own land. Since 1917 Islam has vowed to destroy Israel, and cannot do some militarily. So what do they do, bomb allies and do piddly suicide shit. How weak. If you can't fuckign win the war accept defeat.

It doesn't matter if we are or are not in the middle east. Some douchefuck with a Jihad will always denounce the west because of our support for Israel. So leaving Iraq would do nothing but take away the ability to strike back.

On a side note, religion could be great without the whole god thing, and some of the less logical rules. I am not religious, but I will be damned(see what I did kekeke) if I don't live by some of the ethos. Just good sense. One would think it would be common sense, but very little sense is common.

I'd vote green party this year to be honest. I wouldn't vote obama, because watching a president get shot by some nut job is not cool. McCain just reminds me a child molester, but then again... all old guys do.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:09 am 
Goblin Smithy

I like what the baker I work with says "If you want world peace, abolish religion". I feel thats true, but will never ever happen. Yes I feel religion shouldnt play a role in politics, but everywhere you look, you see god and religion. Look at your money, the court buildings, police stations, all government building for that matter. Its what this nation was founded on. Its really a shame that we are so free to let all religions flourish here in this country, yet other countries reject and persecute religions that are not their own. Guess how many christian churches are in Iran? I can count them with um.... no hands, zero! Anyway, MG is right, if we leave the middle east, the violence and attacks on the west wont stop. Know why? Because of the muslim extremist code. They are told that they will NEVER stop til the WHOLE world is converted to muslim religion. Its a fact. Anyway, I really am glad more people are getting interested a bit and giving input. Thanks Aemo for your input, I hope ya'll dont ever get attacked by some crazy nutjob muslim weirdos. Uh, cause I can gaurantee that your country will ask for US help.... cause thats "what is expected of us", to help EVERYONE, cause everyone feels its our JOB to help them if they are threatend/attacked/starving/enslaved/etc etc etc. Its a lose lose situation really, you go in to be peace keepers and your bashed for starting a war. You dont do anything, and your bashed for not keeping the peace. I laugh at war protesters, because all they see is a country killing people. Thats what it comes down to. They dont like the killing. So I guess we should switch to taser guns and rubber bullets so we dont kill people, and hope the bad guys do the same.