It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:17 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:40 pm 
Ice is strong against fire!!

Remember that day Meka????

Shity quality, BUT GUESS WHO THAT SEXY RANGER IS

Yes, that is Aemora leveling thief.

First time in sea :)

teehee

SUP FERT

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnd that would be all I have off the good old days, I'll try to find more. Oh, read on for win.

Added for the lulz

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:06 am 
Random Man

Lutia wins the thread and has very funny stuff. It's killing my poor old pc too lol.

Ruf: yea you and dhil was roommates for so long. I just used my imagination to try to make something funny. I'm sure if he was a woman and if you would have came back drunk from a party (forgot which of you did that and spoke about it on the LS) something would have lead to another. :lolhammer:

And yea that's when cop was very new. Jaye, and you guys killed the sleep punching mandys (I was there too but didn't know what we was killing them for), then we went there so you guys could get a map, then we started exploring and semin showed us the dragon in which we thought tiamat found us so unworthy that he sent one of his underground antlions at us. This HNM was sick, no way to beat it! How would people deal with the cave antlions that he sick at us!! What is going on?

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:59 am 
Italian #1

ill never stop lovin you for that :love:

Kooyo wrote:
I too will shut up

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:01 am 
Cock atrice

Lutia & MrD made me all misty-eyed for days of yesteryear.

Good times good times

btw this = Real Fnier XD amd the Yandang pics are Eden's own Perish, before he was Perish, and after he was Gandray.
Mrdude wrote:

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:33 am 
Geman Coast Guard

actually ED mpk'd the rmt we just managed to get it ^^
or was that some other JoL?

i think like 9000 summons were out and raped everyone who came close to JoL lol

Have a WHM in the RNG/DD party down in the line of fire to help keep them alive after Spear inevitably hits them because they're idiots with tiny attention spans.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:49 pm 
Not getting laid by Kreuz

BLM AF3 back in teh day

Leveling NIN, I remember when battles in ffxi seemed mildly epic. :(

Showing off my incredible black mage abilities to my pals Osariu and Heloise. I miss those guys.

I think I was NIN/BLM or something here. Epic screeny tho.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:10 pm 
Goblin Smithy

I sawdeded myself in boba's pics! and a friend of mine in one of mrd's (Melagant) lol. (melagant's a dipshit tho sadly) :boing:

I need to figure out my old PoL email thingy password so I can get pic's onto my email...

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:11 am 
Orcish Spamerizer

I remember Morgoth from forever ago Watkins. It took him about 6 months to get that Surcoat. Remm I think she quit and gave her character away tho I have no idea who owns it now.

Too many people there I barly remember.

Eldana was in LoTL with Me Arvin, Saize, Corali, Dracu and many other people before reinhart left for Hades. I think Asarain and Dreammingrage left with him as well.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:29 am 
Random Man

Pictures of a infant FFXI near the US PC launch and a bit after as someone leveled. Early pictures of Darsh who lost his soul to TF, and later died and resurrected as Kenshiro. Too bad Ruf is the only other SoD member in Eden (Oh there was Najii but we all know what happened to him), and sod is now dead. Both partly my fault. Anyway without further ado early virgin ffxi, and a dead Watkins.

Rorschach wrote:
Found some oooooold pics from the initial months of release (like 500 pics) in an old hard drive. Figured I should post some.

Group Pics

Chocobo Peak Traffic

Xmas Treant

Ferrio getting himself (and us!) into trouble

Lion and Me (dead ferrio lolz)

Ninja!

Hay! Steelfleece! I know! I should go poke it!

I meant to do that!

Santa Goblin

Stuck in Windurst Waters

Xmas Treant fighting

Win!

Stuck in Windurst waters...again

God checks me out

Cheap way to get a group (I had to try anything!)

The usual scene when arriving at this area

like 4 years later I have proof!

You have to pimp slap subordinates! ;b

Windurst Waters............

Halloes, Book!

R.I.P. SoD and Lyfe

Edit: Omgosh, Aelia in those pictures. And to think, I treated Aelia like a noob when I helped with drg af mask. Must have been laughing at me, also I started to treat Hoga as if he was a noob yet I looked up to his thf when I started out, well after spider betrayed the thf guild and became a whm. lol at melees changing to mage JUBO! We were supposed to be thfs for life. Grew up in Wadi and hit 15 together. Then the punk hit 18 so much faster than me and secretly changed to whm. What kinda crap is that? Man those were some good days. Early ffxi.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:44 am 
Random Man

A few more of mine.

Bookey and Me waiting to do some cactus fight for something dealing with mnk I think.

Going to edit this post. Lutia's pictures from the first page is killing my browser.

Eden's first S.Body. Mefya was the Queen of Eden for a good while until someone else got one (eden had to buy one, or the subligar, forgot how it was made).

My first linkshell before the gaming-age forum ffxi crew found me to give me a SoD pearl. I didn't know what that crystal was. I thought this huge building would kill me if I got close before I had a shell. When I got this shell I asked about it, they told me it was harmless, then I got close to it and saw a dead dude, so I thought they lied heh. Being unsure of what will happen, exploring, and such was fun in ffxi when I first started.

My first time seeing the awesomeness of rdm. Part of the reason I wanted to level it. This was for my ninja sub, and this was the day this guy was quiting. I also won a random lot to obtain all of his gil. I didn't know he was quiting until that point (way after this picture was taken). I used republican subligar, and he refused to help me unless I used the pants I have on in the picture provided by him. He seemed cool to me, but I caught him on a good day. Found out that he helped no one, and I got help from him by being in the right place at the right time. The powa of rdm, and me carrying on in Mjunter's footsteps (too bad I didn't solo as hard as I should have).

After I got the money I started leveling the expensive thf sub. 200k was a looooot back then. I saw hoga, and the pwn thf on my way to dunes. He checked out what I bought, and showed me what I should look forward to on thf. Also told me to forget thf/nin and go thf/war for the dmg. He wasn't as silly as I thought. Also I'm just finding out today how long hoga had been playing this game from the PC launch pictures. Why I gotta treat everyone in SoD like a noob (I said I wouldn't let HNM change me into a snob, and I guess it did), came close to treating Lenneth like one but he straighten me out quick with facts and experience lol. SoD had some great players. I was a fool for trying to keep them away from Eden and HNMLS'. Darsh getting stuck in TF was a good example of why to avoid it though, but at least eden let people have social shells and didn't slave drive. Heck SoD probably still would have been alive today, just that they would have to stay on eden a lot.

Doing black halo for Pso when eden was very young. The first time Mertron was in a party with eden, it was only to help Pso. Pso tried to get Mertron to join then but he was too good for us at the time. We were a start up LS that had no history and such. Later we somehow won him over. I think it was, "I don't do much anyway (Afk in jeuno hehe), I might as well help you guys out.". We got lucky.

My first HNM fight was also the first HNM I claimed. Eudon was afk (our tank) and he was our only tank. Viet was a old buddy of mine who I met in dunes with Jubo when I hit 45 thf. Jubo formed a group with us and we farmed a lot of archer rings, and 2 empress pins. I later joined a social with Viet and Jaywalker, and after that I watched his thf grow up and get in a HNMLS. Each time he got something new I was happy for him and window shopped as he posed for me to show me what I had to look forward to if I ever got lucky enough to get in a HNMLS (THF in a LS was darn reaching). He got into PD and was a NIN before I knew it. I had a new person to look up to until that point, although I should have understood he was in NM camp mode. I sent him a tell saying something like "so close" and all he replied with was "lol". He soon after quit the game. If eudon didn't go afk thinking bune was like fafnir/nid windows (BF brainwashed his mind) I would have gotten respect before Viet quit.

Also, I was rdm lol. Had to do quite a bit of rdming at the start of eden before we got rdms. Markam, Aiina, and such replaced the 62 rdm. And now here I am only coming to events as rdm because it's cheap, easy, and I'm too lazy to change from what vedder put on me.

This was the same day I got my eden pearl, and the first sky related event eden pearled members took part in. Glad I had rdm leveled at this point, although I wasn't needed. Jubo or Eudon was just throwing me a bone. Being rdm kinda let me fit in and reduced the questions from the other people. Eudon threw all this together. BLM burn. Suppanomimi, Najii ate his heart out mwahaha.

My first faf. The day after Eden's first nid wipe on 1% TG finished, gave dalmy to Markam, eden gains the meme 99% effective. Faf was walking around and no linkshell had enough to kill. I joined them and got eden's first heca hat mwahaha.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:47 pm 
Black Thumb

owow, I only wish I had as many ss's as you guys. I only had the ability to SS after August '07 which is when I picked up Ploid. Up until then (and since) I played on PS2. Let me find some of the ones I have from Ploid.

April Fools 2008

One of two GM calls I've ever made

Battling Simurgh against retards

I lol'd irl for like 20 minutes after I took this SS

A free Dalmy in every sense of the word (no one else was in zone but us cause LP was limping through Cerb) Xeph'd btw

Zea ss'd this for me when I was leveling WAR or NIN or something, some guy's WS macro

There are countless ss's that I would have had if I had been able to take shots on my account ;/

Tyriac, remember that time I mpk'd RMT's with Guivre like 4 times in a row?

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:59 pm 
lolmithrapld

Guivre burning all RMT's in that area was so god damned funni, please tell me you got em all SS'd :!:

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:08 pm 
Black Thumb

I wish I did ;<

Vedder'd

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:39 pm 
Eden Alumni

loleudononbrd :D

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:11 pm 
Random Man

Man vedder, everytime i look at those tg'ed ls chat screens I laugh uncontrollably. You even used "lol" and kinda typed like me, looked like me (no subligar, had Vedder X in comment, which is something I do so people won't call me vedder and everything Vedd viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1831). Such deception takes dedication. Good stuff.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:40 pm 
Random Man

This is a good classic. Never forget!

Edit: I found a old post where I first posted those images of the Eudon sponsored DM blm run.

Quote:
I was hanging on a thread myself. That cuthen guy asked me if I was there for DM and I could only reply with maybe even though Eudon told me I was in. They then required me to remove anon, and I got mocked for my low level ; ;.

Oh a funny thing happened. In picture 1's area he had a speech and went over the rules. First rule was all BLMs must have whm sub because fast cast would screw up the sync (Make the AA's seperate before all casts are released). Then little dots of tarus in the pool started lighting up and swearing as they warped hah. I think the picture was taken as we waited for them to show up again.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:53 pm 
Ice is strong against fire!!

Lol! thats awesome

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:16 pm 
Random Man

lol found more. I guess this counts as a hnm so the bune thing wasn't my first.

lol@ najii in low low level thf gear. Btw najii was blm/smn before goting thf lol. He was around 57 or so.

I remember after this we considered forming SoD into a HNMLS. But chose to keep it simple and fun the way it is instead of inviting more random people (simple as early pre king recruit eden. Small group, tight knit, work well together).

The same day on that tiamat thing. Lonestar and Spiderlily got lost before we reached tiamat.

Dead Ruf. We were in a key party for our afs.
One thing lead to another and...

Pso casting Dalmatica on markam. Which is how he obtained a dalmy.
We walked out like pimps. Note even though I got my abj for heca hat one day after markam got his dalmy abj, it was darn expensive, and markam had to et it crafted. We both got new King ABJ right after each other. And so began the mass collection of eden king abj.

They both died in a fatal car crash. Knyght was apparently drunk.

The day I showed eudon who was boss. 1on1 THF just > Nin. No way around it.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:32 pm 
Random Man

Come on page three. These lines of pictures are killing me.

One of the best ffxi videos that display fun. "Having a good time" if you've seen it*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neL9ZmCu9Q4

Another one. This one will give ffxi players chills and make you remember good times (probably). "FFXI Recollection" if you've seen it*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov3-K2aRwQY

Another one displaying relic weapons in the same style as the one above, with a same community theme and emphasis on teamwork.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47sYP_cr22s&NR=1

If any of these vids don't pull a good memories string with you, you have no soul.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:54 pm 
Random Man

Shoot man, why can't eden have videos put together like this. Although Seriem did a darn good one on Odin fight. Man this vid is so slick, and soothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu7pZLCYx0o

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next