It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:21 pm 
Daddy

Ploid wrote:

About your screen, what display setting is your ps3 on? Maybe you should have 720p, and 1080p also checked. If that don't work try only 1080p, or 720p with your 1080i checked. That's if you haven't did that yet. Does your tv have a screen mode/zoom feature? Maybe it's zoomed in cinematic, expand, or something.

I got my HDTV about 6 years ago, before they came out with 1080p. It doesn't support 720p or 1080p and if I set those in the PS3, I just get a bluescreen. Unfortunatly I can't adjust height and width like on a monitor. Rockstar just got the dimensions wrong with the 1080i settings. I was on hold with PS3 customer support for a while and found a thread online where others have the problem too.

From PS3 website http://www.us.playstation.com/support/ps3/troubleshooting/default.html#match

Quote:
If the size of the video image and the TV screen do not match:

Check that the PLAYSTATION®3 system's video output settings are correct.
Check that the PLAYSTATION®3 settings of the connected TV are correct. For details, refer to the instructions supplied with your TV.
With some video content, the screen size cannot be changed.

The game is still playable and looks great. I also don't have any of the wierd glitches that people are reporting with 1080p.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:27 pm 
Random Man

I can't find this darn car. Anyone that beat the game how close am I to finishing it? I just unlocked the 3rd island and stopped messing with missions. I hear there is a uber pistol near the end that make other weapons seem weak or such.

Edit: I got caught hotlinking. I can't find the half lamborgini, half Zonda car that's shown in those I'm Rich episodes on tv.

Actually I think it's full greased Zonda.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:28 pm 
Random Man

Man, this GTA has less stuff to do than the old GTA's. I'm not talking about watching tv, or looking at paint dry, but things to have fun with. There are no gangs to try to overtake, there are no country sides to have a nice stroll in with your trusty dirt bike jumping off of insane mountains while having a plane crash into you out of nowhere, there are no helicopters on top of your safehouse that you saved up money for that also comes with your own gang. I guess they expected us to take care of our destructive needs in multiplayer, and our happy countryside dirtbike crazy stuff in central park. -_-

This game should be the most amazing game to someone that lived in, or frequently visits new york though. It's the best in game New York ever made. Everything is down to a T. The layout isn't perfect. For example, Chinatown is in the wrong spot, but people would get the idea. This game just seem to be all about missions, and, if you're into the sort of thing, killing helpless pedestrians, or seeing how long you

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:34 pm 
Random Man

-and seeing how long you can last against cops. I want to get killed by mafia thugs when I roll in their part of town by mistake when they told me I'd be sorry if I show my face in the area again. I want to feel obligated to run over the thug in the purple shirt even if I have to go out of my way because I hate his gang. I guess I won't be giving san andreas away anytime soon.

GTA4 is nice and all but I don't usually play for the missions. The missions are just road blocks in my way to having complete access to the game. Got my Zonda car after doing a few more missions .-.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:40 pm 
Black Thumb

There was this one fat Asian guy that I pointed my pistol at near the 2nd island's gun place and he just stared at me. He was acting like a hardass so he had to get executed. People like that are fun to pop.

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:48 pm 
Random Man

lol, ever jack a car full of black thugs when you have no weapons? lol I say.

Btw, you can have your gang in this game too but you have to ask someone to send you some thug aid. I guess I just don't like how realistic they are trying to make this one. There are gangs in this but you have to piss them off before they start hurting you, and it's not that many of them like older games. I have so much money and no reason to go rambo unless it's police.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:06 pm 
Daddy

Ploid wrote:
-

GTA4 is nice and all but I don't usually play for the missions. The missions are just road blocks in my way to having complete access to the game. Got my Zonda car after doing a few more missions .-.

I feel the same way. The missions are fun, but I have lost count of how many things have been removed.

Saints Row 1 was an obvious GTA3 clone, but they added a lot of features to it, including a cell phone. Now that I have played both, I have to say that SR1 is better than GTA4.

I'm looking forward to Saint's Row 2 now.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:17 am 
Random Man

Joined a game of gta from another game forum I frequent (the one that got me to try socom and ffxi). Had some good fun, even did a faggio (scooter) only race with only pistol, and grenade as pickups that's allowed. Oh cops and crooks is pretty neat. I also played a game of team mafia work. I like that one the most. I try to stick with fast cars. I think team mafia work is the best mode with good settings. No auto aim mess.