It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:23 pm 
Random Man

I wouldn't worry about getting this game so fast. I doubt it will get banned. When NY Times is praising a game for being art it's pretty much death proof I think.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:33 pm 
Goblin Smithy

Not worried about the ban, I just hateing for sertain thing's... Like halo3, almost preorderd the legendary edition (should have... but meh) but was told they had more preorders for it than copy's that all EB's world wide were getting, so I dummed it down to collectors, and I was at EB game's at midnight just to get it :boing: got it at exactly 12:15am, walked out of the mall at 12:18 :boing: will never forget those two time's.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:04 am 
Better than Kooyo

jus checked out the mgs4 bundle......... they're packing the 80gb ps3 with it, and the dualshock 3 controller...

maybe i'll wait for that

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/04/10/metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots-%e2%80%93-product-details-revealed/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:12 am 
Random Man

Btw, it's kind of a collector's item and with this being the last MGS there are a lot of people buying it even though they already have a PS3. The Playstation inside is a gunmetal silver color. No worry of fingerprints and such.

Tried to find the picture of it on someone's desk. It looks great in real life. I'd trade up my ps3 for it.

Oh also the game inside is a limited edition version.

This + a dualshok 3 all for the standard 80gig $500 price. /fume Lucky if you wait for this and can find one. They sold out fast on Konami's site.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:24 am 
Better than Kooyo

im gonna check out some EB stores over here and see if they take pre-orders for this, or if im too late D:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:52 pm 
Random Man

Wow the statue of liberty has a heart.
http://www.justin.tv/gta4eva3/102557/Heart_of_Happiness

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:53 am 
Random Man

Stinking Vedder. They gave me a black chick character. I tried to get you to give me a ride but you peeled off, then later gunned me down. I wasn't expecting to enter multi player mode so soon. I had just booted up the game like 10 mins before I sent you the invite by mistake. I didn't even have my mic paired. Wanted to tell you to stop murdering me. :<

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:02 pm 
Cock atrice

this game is sick, I played for about 40 mins on singleplayer before getting an invite to play online. I cant believe how much freedom you have in the city, you can seriously go anywhere and do anything. Took me awhile to learn how to kill people without using the auto-aim function that is usually on, most of the people who play deathmatch don't like to have it enabled. The coop modes are fun, especially if you know the other 3 people playing with you. By far my favorite online mode is either Team Mafia or Cops and Crooks but the other modes are still definately fun to play, I played like 4-5 20min team deathmatches last night and didn't even realize the time passing, was almost 1am lol...this has potential to be one of the best games for 360 imo

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:22 pm 
Random Man

I love it! I got to a big shoot out with a buddy npc backing me up. The cover and shooting system is pretty good. I gotta stop playing for a bit. I should have enough skill to hang in online modes now.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:38 am 
Random Man

Wow, I just played a mission into the ground this weekend. It was a heist type. I like when Niko dawns the duffle bag full of loot. Niko is darn awesome. So I was fighting my way through all the chaos and near the end I would always die. I later discovered a lot of hidden health packs along the path, which I never needed. I replayed it so much that I would rarely get hit.

I had one more go at the mission before I called it a day. I did everything perfectly. Then right before my problem spot I decided to make a phone call. Not a cheat code but a perk ability for knowing the right person that had good influence on the district attorney. That one phone call won me the mission pretty much. It didn't make things a cake walk, but it gave me some much needed air (like sleep 1 on wyrms).

This game is awesome. Played some mp a few mins ago too. I had no idea bomb the base played out like that. Pretty neat stuff. Wonder what I can do with the money I earned.

Edit.
I wan't a "Genetically Different" tag here.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:01 pm 
Not really long

The missions got a little boring towards the end of the storyline, the final is nothing in comparison to the one your talking about.
Working my way through the subquest now, Stevies Car Jacking missions are a pain in the ass <_<, doesnt help the map isnt very detailed either.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:30 pm 
Cock atrice

Ploid wrote:
Wonder what I can do with the money I earned.

I think its only used to get more clothing for your character and for ranking up.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:07 am 
Random Man

I'm surprised that I'm giving the missions my time. In the GTA 3's I mostly rampaged and found stupid stuff to do (codes!). I need to hurry and beat this one so I can start my code run. Too bad there is no flying cars, jet pack, fighter jet, and super jumping though. The last island seem like it's boring.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:13 am 
Ice is strong against fire!!

This game is seriously awesome, plus the fact that rampaging the streets with Killer, Kujatsu and Edwardthegreat is just amazingly fun.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:46 am 
Random Man

Wait wait wait. Killer got this? Isn't he a kid? (joking) Xbox or PS3? Vedder stopped inviting me. I'm never sure when he can play the game. He just seem to leave his PS3 on while afk or something.

I took a helicopter tour lol. If you take one and don't kill the pilot after... you are part of the problem. After stealing the chopper I spent a few minutes trying to jump off it to land on The Statue of Happiness' coffee cup. I thought those glowing things were hidden uber weapons. They were just birds.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:54 am 
Ice is strong against fire!!

xbox, but yeah, tis pwn.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:26 pm 
Random Man

People online are cruel. I tried the gta race mode and I ended up totaling my car. On foot and helpless a guy slowed down by me. Being the noob I am, I just stood there not knowing what to do. Now I know what a deer in headlights feel like. So without warning the guy spit fire out of his window then I started to spray bullets through his windshield hoping to return the favor.

What kind of person lights helpless pedestrians on fire? Oh wait... lol online is giving us a taste of our own medicine.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:47 pm 
Black Thumb

WARNING: POTENTIAL SPOILERS

hay wtf

I tried inviting you every time I see you online but you totally bruce my invites.

I played a team deathmatch the other day. Was some of the most fun I've had in ANY GTA game. I hopped into the passenger seat with one of my teammates driving and we just went around gatting people and cops. Felt more like the way drive-bys should be done!

In all seriousness, that bank robbery mission is by and large the hardest thing I've encountered in this game up to this point. Nothing else has even come close to it, imo. The missions after it are ok, I really like the one where you have to protect that one guy with a sniper rifle from the roof across the way. Man, watching those guys pop out from behind your boys is a heart-racer. Haven't done any races yet, don't rly care much for them to be quite honest. I wish they would allow you to execute that bitch Michelle. I dumped like $200 into dates with that triflin hoe.

Nothing really touches the coolness of the cell-phone. I've accidentally hung up on some potentially important "unknown" calls because I got dinged by a car or something while I was walking, so that sucks. Auto-save is fucking awesome. Lord knows how many times in past GTA's I'd beaten a terribly hard mission only to get iced on the way to the save point because I had a run-in with the five-o. More people need to get this game. I have another RL friend who just got this game too Plois. He'd definitely be down to play the multiplayer with us.

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:58 pm 
Daddy

I have this for PS3.

Playing in 1080i on a widescreen. All the edges of the game are clipped off and since there is a lot of information in the corners, I see "main st" instead of "main street" and "$12," instead of "$12,258". Its annoying, but still playable.

So far the game is very easy. There is a lot less traffic, the cars can all take a lot more damage, and the cops are very easy to ditch. They just stop following you after a few blocks. They say they were going for more realism, but I have already been in shootouts against 20 guys with machine guns and managed to kill them all with a pistol.

They eliminated a lot of cool stuff in this game, so maybe it will get added back in downloads.

I just got to the "Manny" missions and almost completely lost interest in the game. The mood completely changes. I don't want to be the guy who "cleans up the streets". I hope it picks up again later.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:11 pm 
Random Man

Go a little bit further. I hated manny too, but the devs wanted you to hate him I'm sure. Won't spoil it. About the ease, yea it seems easier, but GTA3's were also easy, it's just that you're fighting with the clunky controls and control options in the old GTA's that make them hard I guess.

The cops thing is easier to ditch on 1 star, well actually if you keep running into the wrong areas, the chase can end up going a lot longer than in GTA:SA. But with 4-6 stars, things are crazy. Not sure how those compare exactly but I like the bubble buddy system of the cops. I kinda stopped doing missions and find myself screwing around now (my usual with GTA).

About your screen, what display setting is your ps3 on? Maybe you should have 720p, and 1080p also checked. If that don't work try only 1080p, or 720p with your 1080i checked. That's if you haven't did that yet. Does your tv have a screen mode/zoom feature? Maybe it's zoomed in cinematic, expand, or something.

Edit: Oh and vedder I had no idea you were sending invites. I probably wasn't paying attention or mistook the prompt as a NPC calling me somehow.

I now have those Ferraris at each of my safe house car storage spots. I can't find a Lamborgini yet, those cars are rare unless you're riding in one. Also about the car damage, I think it's at a good setting. No more exploding when you flip over, when there's fire get out of it, crash too hard and the motor won't work anymore, etc.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next