It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: HLEP (anime, lol)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:25 am 
Cock atrice

Ergo Proxy is pretty pwn, yeah. Bit of a mind fuck in the last few episodes, though.

... at sex, at least. ;oa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:07 am 
Back Sheep

Kaise wrote:
Ergo Proxy is pretty good so is Elfin Lied. Elfin Lied has a ton of (and I by ton I mean shit load) of blood and gore so just a warning but it does have a good story to it.

Man, I could make so many points about how badly the story of Elfin Lied was done, but it'd be a spoiler. It's a series that I want to love so much but can't exactly bring myself to. Actually, if they had made the story a full 24 episode series, it'd be SOOO much better and a lot of things would be explained and characters would, you know, actually develop. I guess, my point is, is that characters developed too fast for what they feel at the end. It felt forced.

Ugh, I feel like the naysayer of Elfen Lied, don't get me wrong, it was really enjoyable and I like the romance they tried to inject into it. It was bittersweet as far as drama goes. But I think they went about it wrong.

So many people put it up on a pedestal, saying it's so great, I just have to play the devil's advocate because I don't think it deserved the praise it got.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:13 am 
Brutal Sheep

I dont follow many anime boards so i didnt even know Elfen Lied was hyped like that. Also with Black Lagoon, it didnt need to have a bad ass character because thats what they used Revy as. So it didnt give me the sense of a different approach.

I did forget to mention Kino's Journey. Its a pretty good show, theres no real overall plot tbh but each episode is rather enticing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:45 am 
Back Sheep

Kino's Journey, isn't that from the same producer as Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke? If so, I enjoyed the past couple moves, I like the art style and the story form is really well told. I'll give it a shot, thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:20 pm 
Secret Azn Taru

i hear "code geass" is good Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:17 pm 
Back Sheep

So does Bleach get better as it goes on? On the first season and it's awefully slow atm and I'm trying to keep interested in it. I'm watching it cause I've finished almost all the other series I have.

Oraphin, this is probably your area of expertise.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:35 am 
Secret Azn Taru

bleach is in the 115+ yes?

idk if you're watching fillers but after it picked up again on the story, people have been saying it's really good D:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:36 pm 
Cock atrice

It starts to pick up quite a bit once they enter Soul Society for the first time, and stays pretty sweet up until the end of that plotline.
Then there's a season of fillers about some fucks called Bounto which you can probably skip over as it's not all that great. The new season picks up on the story where the first left off, and it seems like it's going to be pretty damn good.
I guess you may want to go through bounto shit, actually. It does contain a few elements that are pretty relevant for the new season.
But yeah, I like the show for the most part. And there's some really funny characters in it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:30 am 
Secret Azn Taru

Hmm.. I wonder if blue dragon is any good lol

I just remembered a few ones too.. like great teacher onizuko? onizuka? i dont remember exactly xD

bleh blanking out again...

hmm love hina? ummm lol oh well

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:16 pm 
Keyboard Cowboy

Yes bleach is pwn. It jus keeps gettting better and better. Until the Sereitei (sp?) saga ends, and the FILLER saga begins, because they over took the manga. It is watchable and better than all the shitty naruto filler, but Bleach is starting to be pwn again now as the new saga has started. And as i read the manga for it it is gonna be v pwn.

Also if u haven't watched naruto yet. Watch it from 1-135 then watch 220 (all the inbetween is shitty filler). Then watch Shippuden as tht is awesome. And the manga is showing it is gonna be uber pwn. Upto date on Naruto manga as well all 351 chapters of it XD.

Also dunno if any1 elsed has mentioned it but watch Deathnote, I trusted up tht is was good and it is V good. Thanks hun. Usually i don't trust g/f's views on series of movies as when i have b4 it has been lame. But up rawks, so go watch it now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:27 am 
Goblin Smithy

Oraphin wrote:
Yes bleach is pwn. It jus keeps gettting better and better. Until the Sereitei (sp?) saga ends, and the FILLER saga begins, because they over took the manga. It is watchable and better than all the shitty naruto filler, but Bleach is starting to be pwn again now as the new saga has started. And as i read the manga for it it is gonna be v pwn.

Also if u haven't watched naruto yet. Watch it from 1-135 then watch 220 (all the inbetween is shitty filler). Then watch Shippuden as tht is awesome. And the manga is showing it is gonna be uber pwn. Upto date on Naruto manga as well all 351 chapters of it XD.

Also dunno if any1 elsed has mentioned it but watch Deathnote, I trusted up tht is was good and it is V good. Thanks hun. Usually i don't trust g/f's views on series of movies as when i have b4 it has been lame. But up rawks, so go watch it now.

The fillers from 135 and up were killing me till they hit the final episode of Naruto, then Shippuden aired and I was happy again.

Naruto is a good show btw, go watch it >:o

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:00 pm 
Cock atrice

I agree, the fillers were absolutely horrible, and seemingly endless. The main plot that goes up until 135 is good, though, and the new series seems like it will be epic.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:10 pm 
Keyboard Cowboy

Machdaddy wrote:
I agree, the fillers were absolutely horrible, and seemingly endless. The main plot that goes up until 135 is good, though, and the new series seems like it will be epic.

Not "like it will be" IT WILL BE. I am upto date on the manga and ZOMG it is awesome. The bit with sasuke in the first EP of Shippuden is a snippet from further down the line. It is gonna be facking awesome. I was gonna read from 300-351 slowly, but i ended up reading it all in 1 go XD. Some of the Akatski fights will look awesome in the anime

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:06 pm 
Cock atrice

Welp, just finished Eureka 7, it was fkn great. Thanks again, Ris ;o

Now maybe I'll be able to get some work done >_>