It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Update info.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:07 am 
Cock atrice

FWIW Penance is the MNK JA that is -25% of the mobs TP gain. Additional merits don't make it a higher percentage, just make the effect last longer.

and Fuck you SE.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:19 am 
Random Man

I think this is appropriate.

I like rdm

(drum roll in the distance)

No really, hey it wasn't a joke

I like rdm, but what's with skipping all over rdm and giving our powers to everyone else. Sch just pwned rdm (hey I would like being able to reraise without a gimp whm sub, and heck reraise2 is sexy). :cry2:

Samurai

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:50 am 
Keyboard Cowboy

BTW ploid Sekkanoki is like a mini 2 hr for samurai. Reduces TP cost of next ws to 100. Recast is 5 minutes (inc maint cos tht seems so fkn broken to me). The effect lasts for 1 min or until u next within tht time. So u can effectivly bring tht recast down to 4 mins ish but buffing this b4 u have 200tp.

Inc dead oraphin every 5 mins :fear:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:55 am 
Random Man

Going to KI and looking at the job forums after a big update is like eating cake. So good and awesome. Poor mnk forum lol /comfort. Drks confused and not sure if they should panic or what. :lolhammer:

lol Ora, that's awesome. Finally we can self sc without relying on lucky double attacks, or getting stupid store tp setups. All of my self sc's weren't skill but luck. The last time I did one (didn't merit sam at all much before I got into leveling bst) was in a party with suka. Lucky double attack. I doubt it's ever skill or we'd be seeing a crap load of self scing sams around. Something had to be done. Heck rngs with their insta tp barrage were able to self sc if they wanted to use something other than slugwinder.

And the 5 min thing is a good separation.

Edit: Poor nins "Useless Updates".

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:01 am 
Ice is strong against fire!!

I was self scing at level 30, you just gotta time it right and not miss.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:24 am 
Random Man

Ok let's talk about this a bit shall we. You pulled off a self sc at 30? That's pretty pwn.

Ok so if there's this sweet % to hit meditate (80ish) and right before you hit it you gain that tic and do your ws getting a good amount of tp from a enpi (2hit ws, not sure exactly what tp is gained) and another tic, then hit the mob again and everything fall into place. Yet usually for me when doing all this my next ws don't finish for a ws unless I double attack, get hit, or magic.

It's not common to self sc at will, it's always luck for me which is why I guess more people don't bother to get all tied up into doing them on a normal basis. Now these other self sc jobs do it without any effort at all and that's good for them, but this ability isn't magically meaning we'll now be pwning self sc without any effort and efficiency.

It shouldn't be about just 1 sc, blowing all of your tp. It should be more like a instant sc, then tp leaking over as if you are trying to do that one SC ending up with an attempt at light. Now that's the real way sam should have been, "wow did you see that self sc" over.

We're supposed to be some kind of skill chain masters but only that when you take into account that we sc with multiple players easier than most other jobs before blu was released, and just bearly rng. Now with this sexyness, we're able to be more creative with weaponskills. SC with 3 people no problem, sc with 4, meh no sweat time is on our side. SC's are going to be able to fly all over the place now with two sams. Oh the possibllities.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:36 am 
Gender Illusionist

basically 1 cool SAM JA and rest useless? :spin:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:10 am 

After playing with retaliation a bit, it seems cool for soloing /dnc but its nothing amazing really.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:40 am 
Keyboard Cowboy

U get TP from ur "Counter", mnk counter or sam seigan counter doesn't. Which is kinda nice. The having to get hit first sucks tho :<

O and ploid i cud of self SC'd probly 70% of my Meditate's if i cud be bothered all the time. But being a lazy fk lol, i can't. U just have to hit meditate @ 100 TP & WS just before u hit again. That way u come out of ur ws with an extra hit worth of TP & a tic of meditate. So tht is 36-37 TP, plus wot u get from the WS (15-17 depending on gear and DA's). If u get a lucky DA u hit the SC nps. If u don't, but don't miss a hit u can usually catch the tail end of the time frame to SC. Obv if u miss the WS or a hit after it ur fkd tho :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:43 am 

It doesn't block the attack, just a chance to do an extra attack when a mob connects a hit on you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:44 am 
Keyboard Cowboy

Oraphin wrote:
U get TP from ur "Counter", mnk counter or sam seigan counter doesn't. Which is kinda nice. The having to get hit first sucks tho :<

O and ploid i cud of self SC'd probly 70% of my Meditate's if i cud be bothered all the time. But being a lazy fk lol, i can't. U just have to hit meditate @ 100 TP & WS just before u hit again. That way u come out of ur ws with an extra hit worth of TP & a tic of meditate. So tht is 36-37 TP, plus wot u get from the WS (15-17 depending on gear and DA's). If u get a lucky DA u hit the SC nps. If u don't, but don't miss a hit u can usually catch the tail end of the time frame to SC. Obv if u miss the WS or a hit after it ur fkd tho :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:02 am 
Random Man

Ok now I want pictures of the new sam ability. gogogo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:12 am 
Gender Illusionist

update wont fkn finish, I wanna see the new JA too D8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:23 am 
Not getting laid by Kreuz

yay my kraken is worth more. :suspect:

I need to start duping again. :fear:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:32 am 
Gender Illusionist

( ¯3¯)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:25 am 
Galkan Sausage

this is easily SE's worst update ever unless you're a total gaytard for sch, and i guess that's if you like to main heal on sch. simple breakdown of wut i saw on my 75's:

blm: another warp, at least they were honest on being dicks this time around? and ohey, look, gear that's only rarely slightly better than stuff we already have and is easier to obtain.
whm: teleports to places nobody gives a shit about, gg. now i can be a whore+3. ohey... WHoreMage.... ic, touche SE... touche.
rdm/brd: not a god damn thing; actually, rdm sorta made worse by sch update so thx, actually, i guess u can rdm/sch now w/o having to ever switch to black book? gg SE, gg.
bst: omg, reward recast cut in half!! cuz u kno, all those bsts are like 'damn, i wish i could feed more gil into this useless thing' and honest to god, if those new biscuits aren't the usual +hp shit and might actually be some +stats, i'll bet my account they add +10 or +20 def and that's it or maybe raise the hp cap for like 3 minutes.
cor: worst.... dice.... ever.... conserve mp? are you fucking kidding me? level god damn 64 and conserve mp is the only thing u can possibly think of? honestly, how many times do i have to smash a sledge hammer into my head for that to sound like a good idea? wow... why not just give us some shitty regen roll? owait... well, at least it won't cost like 70k a piece... owait... well, at least quick draw is totally buffed.... o...wait... at least we got some gear.... that's totally useless compared to anything else that was already available....brb../suicide
war: so... we're like... tanks... that get owned but take off 3% more of the mob's hp in meripo? well, sometimes. or maybe it's to farm faster? well, it'd be slower cuz ur walkin slow... so idk... ijdk.

so other than nin getting sneak and... not a god damn thing else, sam getting yet another buff/attention, and sch easily being turned into the sam of mages with update whorage, and i guess blu being given spells that'd... idk.. do the same shit that it already can do (ohey, same with drk lulz)?, did SE manage to do nothing else in this update other than implement shit against rmts that should've been done months ago and place a stupid haste cap for.... no reason other than to suck balls?

easily the worst update ever. then again, who's honestly surprised?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:08 pm 
Eden Alumni

I didn't check out much of the update, I was doing Scholar AF all night. The only other thing I did was the Recall-Meriph quest because I had a little time to kill since I had to wait until the next game day.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:22 pm 
Random Man

SE needs to add a punching bag, or mob dummy in mog houses. Just like the stuffed dummies in vagrant story. Something you can fight and test out crap with when you are bored and there is no besieged going on for you to fight in. It worked for Squarsoft's Vagrant story, why not their other game FFXI.

If I'm not mistaken, that other mmo Ultima online(?) had a dummy also.

I logged on and all, was ready for sam actionz and it wasn't going to happen. Ended up being rdm while watching suka be sam. Then the phone rang and someone picked it up dcing me. -2k exp (lol thanks for the buffer vedder).

Oh and the dance4 is fun. Good stuff. :lmao:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:11 pm 
Peaches 'n Cream

Artifact quests for Scholar, the Lv54>Lv58 ones, are thoroughly gay. However, they completely pimped Scholar out; Natural Raise2, Reraise2, Sleep2 (That can NOT be AoE'd into Sleepga2), all /Whm curative status spells inc. Erase, as well as Stona, Dispel and Tier 4 nukes... Nice additions, very nice additions. Pity Haste wasn't there. Sublimination is a VERY nice addition, and the multiple icons that change when you use various JAs, however does NOT stack with Refresh. Not sure about Ballads. With AF, under the Arts, a Scholar's inate Magic Skill is pushed from B+ to A- in ALL magic categories, and can now reach 300+ Skill. Helix spells have been patched with the addition of Klimaform, which increases M.Acc of a spell-type with that spell-type's Weather effect.

The Elemental Syphon ability for Summoner is simply sex, and is a JA that is definately based for anything that does NOT include soloing. I tested this a little, and gear DOES affect how much MP you get back. Lowest I got was 190 naked with Dark Spirit on Lightsday with Apollo's Staff equipped, highest was 276 MP with Fire Elemental on Firesday, fully equipped.

Corsair rolls, man I was so incredibly disappointed with them. Regen is another Pld roll, something you'd never use. Conserve MP, I can however see a use for it, though limited. Sch and Smn roll on Tank-party mages would be a good use, for example, but incredibly shitty. The Quick Draw patch is kinda nice though.

Black Mage gets Retrace, which will save me an infinate amount of time running from place to place using Imp Silver Coins to reach Campaign battles on Scholar. And the Campaign Patch that when you are in town, actually informs you when they START and FINISH is well nice.

Bard got shit, but who cares.

I like this update, but that's because a 4/5 my jobs got something out of it. And whilst leveling a job, you'll appreciate the alterations made to Campaign too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:59 pm 
Daddy

Mertron wrote:
[Event-Related]

The new thief job ability “Collaborator” has been introduced:
Collaborator
Steals 25% of the target party member's enmity and redirects it to the thief.
*This ability shares a recast time with “Accomplice,” a thief ability introduced in the previous version update.

On a 5 min timer, Accomplice was very situational. On a 1 minute timer, a THF can pretty much guarantee that a person of their choice doesn't die due to hate issues.

If these job abilities allow Eudon to do twice as much damage, then....
Any THF = Relic RNG
...and that is pretty nice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next