It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:15 pm 
Peaches 'n Cream

A number of job and battle system adjustments have been scheduled for the next version update.

New Magic and Job Abilities
A host of new magic and job abilities will be added to a number of jobs for the next version update. For example, teleport spells for the white mage, a warp spell for the black mage, sneak ninjutsu for the ninja, elemental spirit MP absorption ability for the summoner, and new automaton weapon skills for the puppetmaster.

Additions and adjustments are also in store for the two new jobs introduced in the Wings of the Goddess expansion.
For the dancer, adjustments will include shortened ability delay to six seconds for all waltzes used when trance is in effect. Adjustments for the scholar will see an increase in the maximum number of charges available for stratagems, and a reduction in charge time.

Apart from job abilities, new status-specific status icons will be also introduced to further enhance playability.

Shortened Immobility Duration
The issue whereby certain restoration magic causes the character to become temporarily immobile, will be addressed. Up until now, casting cure on a character immediately after they initiate the attack command will result in that character becoming unable to move until spellcasting is complete, even after they have assumed battle stance. This immobility duration will be reduced drastically with the next version update.

BEST VERSION UPDATE EVER

NEW FUCKING ICONS FOR SCHOLAR IS JUST DERKA. MOAR STRATEGEMS, AND SHORTER RECAST DURATION WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~~~ That officially makes Scholar Hax, with it's ability to keep up -any- (minus Regen) Whm spell indefinately if the reduction is to 3 minutes. And yey moar charges!

Plural of Teleport spells for Whm (Olduum, Tavanazia?), Blm Warp will be Time-Warp to the past, Smn ability is nifty but still :| cuz Avatars > Elementals, and lolPup.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:20 pm 
Gender Illusionist

fail

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:37 pm 
Goblin Smithy

Quote:
sneak ninjutsu for the ninja

If thats lvl 37 or lower... goodbye /war for all but namis! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:42 pm 
Eden Alumni

Stratagem recharge is low enough as it is imo....but they could give more. :< That and increase the duration of helix spells. New warp spell for blms? I don't get it. :o

....but, overall, new toys for me to play with! :cat:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:11 pm 
Norwegian Bombshell

im 0/8 on ele sprits, guess i better get them then o.o

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:42 pm 
Galkan Sausage

\_/ for whm/blm/sch/pup/nin shit. srsly, unless it's teleport-dragon's aery i dont give a damn

how about some cor updates? you know like the 2 dice we're still waiting on, and im cutting off SE's balls if they're both +100k like the last few fukin dice... or hey, how about sum af2 or af+1 or ya... anything? charges wut? needs more damage on light and dark shots again pls, kthx.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:50 pm 
Goblin Smithy

Update is still fail. Best thing for all players might be the removal of cure bomb frozeness.

Last edited by superfob on Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:53 pm 
Better than Kooyo

wtf se.. srsly........

no one fucking uses elemental spirits.... unless i can summon a spirit, then use my JA to absorb 500mp, then desummon it... its gonna be another useless addition to a pretty obsolete job
(its rly gonna be like 25%TP of elemental > MP)

pup update sounds the most interesting since that animation looks sorta cool... i cant say i dont want more teleport spells for whm, but it needs to be useful... teleport-top-of-uleguarande-range plz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:25 pm 
Crustache

finaly! fixing the goddamn "hey look you can't move caus you are having a spell being casted on your LOL!" crap.

also yay new whm spells and sneak jutsu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:40 pm 
Eden Alumni

lolCOR

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:25 pm 
Hexabox Aspirant

Aemora wrote:
Shortened Immobility Duration
The issue whereby certain restoration magic causes the character to become temporarily immobile, will be addressed. Up until now, casting cure on a character immediately after they initiate the attack command will result in that character becoming unable to move until spellcasting is complete, even after they have assumed battle stance. This immobility duration will be reduced drastically with the next version update.

Six fucking years...

Other than that \_/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:59 pm 
Random Man

Wait, why add all the colorful letters and make them big. Just do that for thf if you have to. So what did thf and bst get? I tried to read it but couldn't find those two jobs. The oshi part of the title should be taken out. :|

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:22 pm 
Peaches 'n Cream

Scor, if you HONESTLY think that 4 minutes for 1 Strategem is plenty enough, then you aren't playing the job properly at ALL.

I'm always flat out on Strategems on my Scholar, because Stoneskinga, Erasega, Poisonaga, Silenaga is fucking derkaga beyond level 60. Very few parties I have where I don't use any if all these Ga's. Not to mention after buffing a party you are out of Strategems and that's before you fkn start... :|

Of course there will be Cor rolls and Blu spells. Please note the "For example," in the opening line, again with the derka's.

There's much more than what they are saying, you take good with the bad. There'll probably be more Dnc fixes and there better be a shitton of more Sch ones, especially Magic Accuracy on the Helix spells. Duration is fine, it's the damage that needs to be up'd and the tickage (which may possibly be a Meritable option). Warp spell will be a d3 to your home nation of the past, no more fucking SilverTaru > Run to Saruta > Run to old Windy > Run to Campaign zone to have it suddenly end. Yey 10 minute journey. No wonder it lost it's appeal so quickly, it's not exactly easy to access.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:30 pm 
Gender Illusionist

if the sneak ninjitsu is 38+ this update is fail automatically, no one cares about SCH, PUP, and DNC LOL!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:31 pm 
Peaches 'n Cream

You forgot Smn and Blm.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:51 pm 
Eden Alumni

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I don't use stratagems like crazy aside from Protectra, Shellra, and Regenra. Stoneskin, I don't bother with really. If the tank can keep hate, then the others won't get hit, stoneskin can't be overridden, and so I'd only be casting it for the tank. Not worth it for 3x the cost in mp for 1 person. I'll use Accession with spells like Silena, Poisona, and the likes if it's warranted. I do quite well without going stratagem crazy, and most people are surprised at how well SCH can main heal. I haven't been fortunate enough to sub blm to DD at this level.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:06 pm 
Peaches 'n Cream

what level is that, exactly?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:12 pm 
Eden Alumni

61 now.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:10 am 
Dollar General Paladin

No more spell stun did it for me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:09 am 
Cock atrice

Aemora wrote:

A host of new magic and job abilities will be added to a number of jobs for the next version update.

Here's for hoping Reflect is in the new magic that's not shown. :<