It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: New anime thread.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:01 am 
Back Sheep

I absolutely hate the high pitch, whine they put on female characters in Anime. It's a real buzz kill. Nothing else besides being a harem would turn me off from an anime faster really.

btw, I need to get back into Bleach. I stopped watching after the first story arc, but I hear the later ones get as good as well. Just need to power through the filler inbetween.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:05 pm 
Random Man

Should I start skipping episodes after the soul society saga when they head back to earth? I like when the hollow side of Ichi fight. He does less thoughtfull talking, and more awesome fighting (and talk while he fights).

I must get a Bleach blu ray box set. English voice work would be nice, and wide screen.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:06 pm 
Goblin Smithy

English dubs never sound right to me. I don't know why.

l2speed read subs :rofl:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:22 pm 
Random Man

The thing I hate about subs is in my room. Although I like the subs and the way they make the characters interesting (saying words like "ain't", ta', friggin, and such). The english would be for my repeated views after I went through them on the subtitles. Also the tv in my room where I watch it the most is a small SD tv. On the HDtv in the livingroom it has black borders, but clear text.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:54 am 
Random Man

I used to have a friend in ffxi named Bleach. Was a dedicated sam and I later found out he/she didn't even like games, but played ffxi because one of his/her friends got em into it. Now after watching bleech it's kinda ironic lol. White haired mithra, big hagun. And no wonder Ora is a sam.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:58 am 
Keyboard Cowboy

Ploid wrote:
I used to have a friend in ffxi named Bleach. Was a dedicated sam and I later found out he/she didn't even like games, but played ffxi because one of his/her friends got em into it. Now after watching bleech it's kinda ironic lol. White haired mithra, big hagun. And no wonder Ora is a sam.

Actually i jus fkn love Samurais and JP mythology. That is also y i wants Amenomurakumo (yes the ppl who translated tht in FFXI suck) so fkn bad. Still makes me laugh tht the relic great katana is a dbl edged straight sword and not a katana. But o well :roll:

And yes ploid Hagun does bear quite a large resemblance to Zangetsu (Ichigo's Shikai zanpaktou, aka sword for none bleach geeks :whistle: )

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:07 am 
Back Sheep

English dubs are not as bad as they used to be. Before, the voice actors had no clue about the type of voice work that goes into Anime and it came out so cheesy and retarded that dubs are now stuck with the stigma.

Even now, though the voice work has gotten a lot better, I still prefer subs to english dubs because some things just don't translate well into english from japanese such as terms as addressing another, ie; -sama -chan -kun, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:45 pm 
Keyboard Cowboy

and in naruto, from subs to dubs, they some how changed

"The #1 Ninja at suprising people"
to
"the #1 Bonehead Ninja"

W T F :failidea:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:56 pm 
Random Man

I want to pour ants on whoever created MKV. Liquid ants that are also called lava ants because of them being partly related to fire ants. Stinkin mkv but hey, I'm downloading them and that's wrong. I want to find my bleach blu rays. Even DBZ is on blu ray -_-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:36 pm 
Sunshine lover

i dont watch anime.

anime is gay.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:32 am 
Galkan Sausage

noway, anime is never gay and never wi- Image

k, ya. it's prty gay. sometimes anyways >.>....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:20 pm 
Random Man

Jaye wrote:
i dont watch anime.

anime is gay.

ur dog is gay! And yea the gay anime is just :vomit: I never looked at one (never will) but saw something on tv about japanese girls liking them (G4 attack of the show in tokyo or xplay in tokyo I think), and the gay dude games being made just for them. Crazy Japanese girls :spin:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:33 am 
Random Man

Image :boing:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:35 am 
Keyboard Cowboy

That movie sucks... even in HD :P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:57 am 
Random Man

lol, DBZ was the first anime saga I got into due to toonami. I've been looking for blu collections of it due to the fond memories of going to school the next day and talking about dbz with friends (no not nerds people here actually watched it due to our limited cable in the area at one point. gogo small city). "Man did you see GOKU when he got out of the capsule? Sick. Hee move so fast you can't even see it!" -"That gravity training really paid off" lol good times.

Edit: oh crap didn't know this was a movie. Was expecting some episodes in there. Canceled.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:43 am 
Cock atrice

Toonami was pure win back in the day, DBZ, Gundam Wing, Outlaw Star, yes, even lolSailor Moon (I'll admit it, I watched it). The day they stopped Weekday Afternoon Toonami was a very sad day indeed :<

Thought for the hell of it, posting what I've seen personally and or own (either via actual DVD copies or HDD) Note, im gonna leave kiddy shit like Pokemon (LOL) out of the equation.

DBZ (You know by now, lol) (Pretty much have seen every episode from Dragonball through GT)
Sailor Moon - Let's not talk about it, lol
Gundam Wing - One of my first favorite series that Toonami had. I need to go bum the series off one of my friends again. G Gundam (which was shown later), sucked. Don't buy it. Currently watching through Gundam Seed (own 1/3 of it, need to finish collection at some point), and Gundam Seed Destiny (follow-up to Seed). Mech show
Yu Yu Hakusho - Was a decent series also, more of a darker-toned DBZ
Outlaw Star - Another favorite of mine, probably gonna go buy it at some point. Been a while since I've watched it, so can't really give a description.
Neon Genesis Evangelion - If you haven't seen this series, go watch it, Now.
Magic Knight Rayearth (one of my current faves) - An old but good series about 3 girls who are sent to another world to save it. It's an older series, but one worth watching :) (Own the entire series (49 episodes - 2 seasons)
Tenchi Muyo (and the follow-up series, Tenchi In Tokyo) - Used to be on Toonami as well, own half of the first show (Tenchi Universe). Need to go watch through it again.
Azumanga Daioh - One of the funniest series out there. It's worth watching from start to finish, wish it was longer :< Highly recommended (Own :) )
Inuyasha - What was said earlier is pretty much the moot point. It's really only worth watching throught the first 54 or so episodes, after that, mainly filler. (Own 1/3 of Season 1 and all of Season 2, plus 3 of the 4 movies (Movie 3 best of them imo)
Cowboy Bebop - Another must see series. Space and Cowboys, what a potent combo! One of my favorites
Trigun - Anime meets Western, 'nuff said.
Sola - (Own all the series subtitled on HDD) Decent series if your into Dramas. Have to watch through it again, before I can really say anything about it. 13 Episode series
Air TV - (Own 3/4 DVDs) Another Drama series, but a decent one. Sad ending however =(. 13 Episodes long, plus a Movie (Air in Summer Special)
Rurouni Kenshin - Samurai series that used to Air on Toonami, about Kenshin Himoura, who was a fierce soldier in a War in Japan, but is now a hero among the people. (Vauge discription). I wish this was airing again =/ Been a while since I've seen this series.
Bleach and Naruto - Not really into either, pretty explanatory tho, Never got into One Piece (never was into pirate animes anyways, plus the horrible dubbing by both 4Kids Entertainment & the people at Cartoon Network turned me off completely).
Fate/Stay Night - A friend recently introuduced me to this series about 6 people involved in a war for the Holy Grail, was actually a decent series despite its length (24 episodes)

Other than that, that's all I can remember/recall. Not good at describing series, but theres the gist of what I've seen (and some I actually own)

Last edited by Chrisstreb on Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:52 am 
Random Man

lol I watched sailor moon right after school because it was holding me back from the next dbz and I didn't want to over sleep waiting on it. Then they replaced it with Thunder Cats. I used to like thunder cats when I was a smaller kid and all but at that point it put me to sleep faster than sailor moon, and I missed a few DBZ's due to it.

I liked when the robot would get upgrades on toonami.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:14 am 
Cock atrice

I liked Toonami when they had Moltar (of Space Ghost fame) doing the hosting

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:02 am 
Juggernaut Search & Rescue

lolnime is lolable

:orly:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:12 am 
Cock atrice

hah, I remember playing the rpg Magic Knight Rayearth, although, I forget which system it was for.. I think it was like sega saturn or something.. but I never knew it had an Anime, I might have to look into that.. the only Anime that I've seen so far is.. Naruto (All of it thats out lol), Bleach (same), and Full Metal alchemist. I liked them all so far, just waiting for naruto and bleach to come to an end. I was watching cartoon network at night once and saw a show called Deathnote.. saw half of an episode and thought the concept was pretty cool. Wish I knew a place where I could get my hands on that Anime.. Other than that, I dont know what other anime to watch.. jrx keeps trying to get me to watch one piece and Rurouni Kenshin (sp?) but we dont have the same taste in anime lol so i'm kinda questioning that atm....Any anime where there is a decent story and lots of action, i'll watch xD

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next