It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:44 am 
Not getting laid by Kreuz

Wii Codes:

Watkins 7549-0123-7151-2916
Dionius 6409-7293-4661-2867

I know I'm not the only one eagerly awaiting this sequel. There's few excuses not to be, including:

1. Death
2. Not having a Wii
3. Blind
4. No friends or online connection
5. Stranded somewhere with no form of communication or contact with the outside world, followed shortly by death.

Before I pull a Ploid and rant about an awesome game half of you don't care about, let me say that someone that went to E4A wrote a summary like mine about the game based on the demo. It's verrrrrry large, but still a good read. Mine just covers the general stuff, but if you want to know more about a specific character, that's where to go.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=121329

Gameplay Changes

There are significant changes from Melee to Brawl. The general concept of smash your opponents into oblivion, but not kill them or even make them bleed. However, the gameplay has changed drastically, which is great. The big ones I noticed are:

Air Dodge: You can now air dodge and not hopelessly fall to your oblivion afterwards. All it does is give you invincibility for a second, afterwards you can still attack or do whatever. You go with your momentum though, you can't air dodge in a direction.

Floatiness: All characters feel like they're fighting in space compared to Brawl, which can be a good though I guess?

Harder to KO: It's just harder to kill people now. A hit that would kill at 100% in melee now might need 150% in Brawl. I'm thinking this means more emphasis will be placed on edge guarding/jumping off the ledge after the opponent, which I love doing in Melee.

Assist Trophies They act similar to the way Pokemon did in Melee (Pokemon are still in Brawl), only their actions can be a bit more unique.

Like Lyn for example, who will flash across the screen and most likely own an opponent:

:Q___

Swimming: A neat new feature. You can basically swim for a short while, but if you swim too long you sink and die. There are others ways to drown too though. If you do stuff like Yoshi or Bowser's down B into the water you'll die, and if you get meteor smashed into water you might die.

Jumping off people's faces: Need I say more? 8D

Stage Builder: Make your own levels to own your friends on? Holy shit gg wtf? :fear:

So you can see that while Brawl is very similar to Melee, there are a lot of new fun elements to make it exciting even for the people who played Melee for 6 years.

Characters:

They've added a lot of new characters, some awesome (Sonic) and some terrible (Wario).

Lewl.

Anyway, here are the characters that are known to this date to be in the game.

ImageImage

A few not listed are Ness, Robot, Wolf, Luigi, etc

You can find a short description of each character here:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/index.html

Character Changes:

Most characters from melee got changed in some way, and all play differently than their predecessors (mostly due to the new game mechanics). Changes I've heard/noticed from the Demo (note that these are changes noticed from 4 days of play that might even change still since it was a demo):

Mario: His Down+B now uses his Fludd to push enemies away, but it doesn't do damage, which is kind of weird. He still has his tornado, but it's now his Aerial Down A.

Link: Hookshot(well, clawshot in this game, it automatically aims for the edge) is easier to use, and his Up+B his now chargeable (not a huge difference with charge though). Bombs are stronger (can kill now), bow is faster, and Boomerang can drag people towards you. His Up smash traps you in easier than in Melee as well. Along with his awesome Final Smash, Link got a huge buff.

ImageImage

Pikachu: His Up+A aerial spike got taken out, but his down smash seems stronger. I think his up smash got nerfed though. Hard for me to say if Pikachu got nerfed or buffed.

Fox: This overpowered bastard got nerfed to hell it seems, but he's still a good character. His shine is harder to use now, and I think his smashes are less powerful. If any of you are gay Fox players than go research yourself. :nonono:

Samus: Also got nerfed. Energy Blasts need you to be at like 120% to kill now (though all characters are harder to kill in Brawl, the death zone is now around 150% compared to 100% in Melee). Missiles lost their huge horizontal knockback, as well. I guess Samus players will have to stop being gay snipers and actually melee. The horror :fear:.

Bowser: Didn't hear much about him, but I hear he's faster and more playable now. His final Smash is also one of the best in the game. It's Giga Bowser, and it basically makes him 4 times as large, gaining power and losing -no- speed. It's pretty awesome.

Donkey Kong: Definitely even lamer now. He received nearly no changes, and he seems to have the worst final smash in the game so far. Perhaps there's a hidden use that people haven't discovered yet, but don't count on it.

Yoshi: Didn't really read anything about him.

Peach: Down Smash got nerfed. Enough said, muhahaha.

Newcomers

Only 4 1/2 characters were in the Demo: Sonic, Zero Suit Samus, Ike, and Pit.

Sonic: He obviously is a very fast character, but the way he moves is still a bit unexpected. He runs ridiculously fast (derp), and by ridiculously fast, I mean 2x faster than the 2nd fastest character if I was to guess. His air speed isn't that fast at all though (which is weird looking at his games, but I guess if they didn't do this he'd be pretty overpowered. All of his specials except his Up+B recovery (he jumps on a spring) involves him turning into a ball. The only downside I heard of his that none of his attacks do over 20% damage, which is rough. His final smash also seems to be the best in the game.

Zero Suit Samus: Not much was seen about her. Sorry, no info here. :nonono:

Pit and Meta Knight: Seemed to be a fast and agile characters. The combo character type, so they both have trouble finishing their opponents (no huge smash attacks). Pits arrow is awesome though.

Ike: Really slow. If you can imagine a taru swinging around a galka's great sword, that's how slow it seems. Only, if the taru hits you with that sword, you get owned, hard. Basically describes him.

So anyone besides Killer and I gonna play online? :fear:

Last edited by Watkins on Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:28 pm 
Hexabox Aspirant

\_/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:21 pm 

:pissed:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:04 pm 
Hexabox Aspirant

Why don't you play cool games like Busou Renkin?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:36 am 
Cock atrice

I too am awaiting this one, It was supposed to be out in what, October?

HURRY THE FUCK UP!!!!!! :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:21 am 

Feb 10th for US, I think Europe got fucked though. It's quite a bit delayed for them.

You might be able to get a mod chip if you're in Europe to get past the regional restrictions. Or maybe buy an American Wii >.>

Sux2bEurope.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:54 am 
Gender Illusionist

captainolimarwtfs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:45 am 
Peaches 'n Cream

you can get your Wii chipped to play w/e Nintendo CD game you like

Friend got it dun.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:06 am 
Ice is strong against fire!!

ya, and then your warrenty is fucked.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:21 am 

Who cares about warranty, ijdk.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:22 am 
Cock atrice

OMFG @ PIKMIN. Pikmin was one the best games on GC hands down and now that they're adding them to brawl.... I may change characters just because Olimar is so pwn.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:30 am 

I wasn't crazy about it at first, but then I saw screenies of him swingin Pikmin around. Pro shit.

Dual weild Pikmin omg?? :fear:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:37 am 
Cock atrice

I loved how he used Pikmin as his minions for w/e he wanted, lol. Anyways, I gotta get to sleep, CU TOMORROW OR SOMETHING. (btw where is this demo omf?)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:04 am 

It was for playing at an event that went on for 4 days, but not given out.

No demo for you. :nonono:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:27 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jaaZm2w ... re=related

JP commercial. Holy shit @ Giga Bowser. :fear:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:33 pm 
Cock atrice

Ima play online, along with a bunch of my RL Friends
we can all have big battles n shit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:08 pm 
Keyboard Cowboy

I already wanted a wii. But this makes tht wants even fkn more :<

Loved Melee. Getting Mewtwo was a bitch. Then he fkn sucked -.-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:51 am 
Crustache

lol mewtwo was easy, just pick a random non moving stage with no item and leave the game on overnight twice >.>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:12 pm 
Cock atrice

That was really easy lol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:09 pm 
Goblin Smithy

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... 2088418983

$20 Preorder, maybe price mistake.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next