It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:13 pm 
Gender Illusionist

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff ... etail.html

Quote:
August will see adjustments to two-handed weapon wielding and several jobs.
If you missed our description of grips and two-handed weapons, be sure to check it out in the August 14th edition of Topics. In this edition, we will be covering job enhancements.

Beastmaster

The duration for which a beastmaster can maintain a pet invoked with the "Call Beast" ability will be extended. The new length of time, though varying depending on the type of pet brought forth, may be up to 90 minutes.
Additionally, when not engaged in combat, pet healing will be possible through use of the "Stay" ability. Finally, the experience penalty previously incurred by a beastmaster while using a charmed monster will be done away with.

Corsair

After the version update, corsairs across Vana'diel will be the happy recipients of several job enhancements.
For starters, the effect of Phantom Roll will be augmented so that the effects can be felt even when neither a large nor Lucky Roll is made. To make a comparison, the efficacy of a corsair's roll will generally exceed that of a bard's song. Should a corsair roll an 11, the efficacy will, for the most part, exceed that of two bard's songs.

The length of immobility a corsair suffers during their rolls has also been shortened. In addition, the merit point-accessible ability "Fold" will function to reduce the likelihood of busting, as well as modifying the effect of rolls.

We will also be adding new gear that will further increase the range of Phantom Roll. When using the roll and this gear in tandem, even players engaged in combat at some distance from the corsair will fall within the area of effect. And as if that weren't enough, players can even expect new ammunition with rather enticing damage ratings.

Puppetmaster

The update also brings with it two all-new heads to supplement the puppetmaster's arsenal of automaton accoutrements.
The primary purpose of both heads is to grant magic bonuses: one for healing, and the other, elemental. For example, equipping the "healing" head will cause an automaton to undergo a healing magic power enhancement. As a result, subsequent cure spells will encompass all party members, rather than the puppetmaster alone.

Careful reconsideration has led us to raise the current skill limits for automatons as well. With these increases, puppetmasters can expect to see improved performance from their automata in such areas as attack power and accuracy, magic accuracy, and more!

Warrior

The job warrior has seen an exponential growth of popularity in recent times, this however has led to the abuse and misuse of the job's original intentions. Careful reconsideration has led us to come up with the following changes:

-The Job abilities "Agressor" and "Berserk" will no longer be able to be used in sync.
-The item "Ridill" will no longer attack "2-3" times, only 2 times. (Similar to the weapon "Joyeuse".)

Look forward to the release of even more details on the day of the update!

Fuck this game...

i made up war part :>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:44 pm 
Eden Failure +1

Lolmy wrote:
Lolmy wrote:

Warrior

The job warrior has seen an exponential growth of popularity in recent times, this however has led to the abuse and misuse of the job's original intentions. Careful reconsideration has led us to come up with the following changes:

-The Job abilities "Agressor" and "Berserk" will no longer be able to be used in sync.
-The item "Ridill" will no longer attack "2-3" times, only 2 times. (Similar to the weapon "Joyeuse".)

Look forward to the release of even more details on the day of the update!

Fuck this game...

i made up war part :>

I almost went slack jaw'd. I thought to myself "time to level another job".

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:53 pm 
Crustache

HAHAHA they gimp'd ridill XD who wants to bet that we'll be seeing less and less people in the aery from now on?

edit: fuck you amy -.- also fuck you people who write small, i don't enjoy trying to see if you write stupid shit like that at 9am :< so stopit

Last edited by Darkwarrior on Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:11 pm 
Gender Illusionist

You can't be serious.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:12 pm 
Eden Failure +1

Lolmy wrote:
You can't be serious.

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:31 pm 
Goblin Smithy

nice try

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:32 pm 
Eden Alumni

Yaaaaaaaay!!

Nice update for BST!! :>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:09 pm 
Ice is strong against fire!!

gg dw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:07 pm 
Random Man

Quote:
Beastmaster

The duration for which a beastmaster can maintain a pet invoked with the "Call Beast" ability will be extended. The new length of time, though varying depending on the type of pet brought forth, may be up to 90 minutes.
Additionally, when not engaged in combat, pet healing will be possible through use of the "Stay" ability. Finally, the experience penalty previously incurred by a beastmaster while using a charmed monster will be done away with.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OOOOMMMMMGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------------------
Quote:

............ Image

Oh screw u amylea. Going to kill you seriously, dang good one. You got me good hahah. The bst part better not be fake!!!

Edit: BST is going to be insane. Wonder what the price of those cop jugs will be now XD. Also I'd be able to solo some sick exp. I could even help people level their gimp jobs lol. One man exp fountain. Ooooh I wonder if I loose any exp if I charm T mobs OMG woo. I'm going to need some bst af2 D:. Dangit I feel like spending 10gigs to install ffxi now noooo man this is madness. Can anyone tell me the exact amount of HDD space ffxi take up? If it's like 5-6gigs I'll do this. Can reformat PS3 hdd if I ever stop or get my PS2 back (but I'll lose the games that I'm sharing *Stardust and Castlevania Sotn).

It will be so easy to level bst now. You won't have to use leave! This is going to be nuttz. Everyone leveling bst for high level solo meriting. Madness

Edit again: Oh man stay will allow us to keep the pet for a long time. Wonder if it med just as fast as a injured docile mob (those buggers regen super fast for how much hp they have. BST IS CRAZY NOW !!!!!)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:56 pm 
Not getting laid by Kreuz

Lolmy wrote:
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff ... etail.html

Quote:

Puppetmaster

The update also brings with it two all-new heads to supplement the puppetmaster's arsenal of automaton accoutrements.
The primary purpose of both heads is to grant magic bonuses: one for healing, and the other, elemental. For example, equipping the "healing" head will cause an automaton to undergo a healing magic power enhancement. As a result, subsequent cure spells will encompass all party members, rather than the puppetmaster alone.

Careful reconsideration has led us to raise the current skill limits for automatons as well. With these increases, puppetmasters can expect to see improved performance from their automata in such areas as attack power and accuracy, magic accuracy, and more!

OMFG!!! This is the push PUP needed to be amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:00 pm 
Eden Alumni

The thing about the BST is that you can sub BST and not expeience a penalty for leveling yes...gimpy subs, so that's very cool.

The automaton thing is awesome too. I may go back to PUP once I finish BST. :>

Go go useless jobs!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:37 pm 
Gender Illusionist

lewls

(plois before he read small text, poor little jackie ;~;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:13 pm 
Lost Gaiters

so there was really nothing at all about WAR? <.>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:11 pm 
Random Man

If the war thing was real Knyght would have had to pick a new job to level probably. Zerk and aggressor unstackable is as bad as not being able to stack SA & TA.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:54 pm 
Gender Illusionist

I guess noone clicks the POL link <.<

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:57 pm 
Goblin Smithy

Lolmy wrote:
I guess noone clicks the POL link <.<

I did

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:36 pm 
Papi Chulo

Lolmy wrote:
You can't be serious.