It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:33 am 
Yes, I was to lazy to login.

So I bought a used copy of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (couldn't find any new ones under $30) and the damn thing won't read on both my Wii and Gamecube. Got it from GameStop (they say its already been tested to work) and theres only about 2 semi deep scratches an 4 or 5 small very light scratches. So I was wondering if anyone knows about homebrew disc cleaning I could try or any kits that are really great at buffing out scratches and making potentially ruined discs useful again. Fuckin MP3: Corruption hype has got me wanting to play the last 2 games. I could rma the disc and get a replacement if all else fails :<

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:44 pm 
Pixie

Tooth paste.
Tissue
Wad Tissue.
Put a small amount on a tissue(very small amount... touch the end of the tissue to the toothpaste a couple of times)
Rub the toothpaste into the CD like a polish. Rub from the middle of the CD to the outside edge, not in circles.
Rub it over the scratches, or the entire disk, it doesn't matter.
After you have the disk with a thin film of toothpaste over it, begin to lightly rub it off, like you would waxing a car, but without the circles. Avoid going in a circular motion.
Rub off the toothpaste, it wont look completely right, it might look like it has more scratches on it, or smudges, but every time i've done it to my disks, it has repaired them, and in the latest case (Champions:Return to Arms) even made the game run significantly faster.

Smooth, clear toothpaste works better in my experiences, the crystals dont seem to do anything, use your own discretion.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:05 am 
Peaches 'n Cream

wut teh...

I was getting aroused by that, Imber...

...het tuw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:20 am 
Goblin Smithy

I heard about using toothpaste but I wasn't sure about using it but from your reply I can go ahead and try it. Thanks for the reply, Imber.

lol@ Aemora's post

edit: Well I tried it 2 times and It still won't work so I'm guessing its something wrong with the data itself. Maybe the disc I got was screwed up during manufacturing. Oh well, gamestop is gonna give me an answer tomorrow hopefully on my RMA code.