It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:26 am 
Brutal Sheep

Year (fucking topic title being too long)

That's how long I've been gone

GO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:02 am 
Gender Illusionist

-Kings are instanced
-Ulli/Alky/Sozu/Other NM's are popped
-Increased drops in Dyna
-Omega/Ultima drop 5 armors now each time
-Bunch of new changes to merits, PLD are better than NIN now.

2/5 are true, rest are false, you can try and guess Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:17 am 
Random Man

*Gilsellers gave up trying and quit farming FFXI
*It's easy to earn gil these days. You can farm up 200k within 30mins outside jeuno alone.
*All NMs are force pop. You get the pop item from the same mob type as the nm in the area where the NM pops. If there are few surrounding mobs it drop off any mob in the zone and the pop for the nms that drop from the any normal mob is random. 2 or more different pop items can drop from the same normal mob.
*Kings are force pop via enm orbs.
*Crafting earns you gil now.
*Botters get banned on site.
*Ingwe got hacked for downloading bots that came with a cool keyloger. Or was it a parser, I don't know.
These were the things that would make FFXI fun maybe. Now for what really changed kinda.

*Gilsellers are ballin and having a good time making real money with this stupid fake game's currency.
*People friggin love paying real money on fake crap ingame money and are lazy and play a mmorpg just to buy their progress.
*Playing ffxi normally and trying to make gil due to gilse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:25 am 
Random Man

(continued. ran out of space in box)

*Playing ffxi normally and trying to make gil when you can't really wait on BC runs, or yell in town for random BC/KS runs for gil sux donkey #@#($. Oh assaults too. It still sux, this is a afk game outside planned LS events. Everything take 10 hours.
*Exping in groups is worse. Take even longer, everyone want perfect setups, and even if you have a perfect party you'll end up in a over crowded exp camp and get crap exp.
*You wasn't in the game, you were enjoying freedom. This game will end you.

Maybe I'm over racting. Maybe the gilsellers drove me crazy at pallas finally pushing me over the edge. Maybe SE needs to bring a fun solo thing, arg..something reef was a wasted opportunity for a good thf treasure dungeon. Could have had great traps, and random things to screw thfs up, and have a ultimate treasure at the end, indiana jones style. BST needs something to do other than grabbing other bsts and smns, and maybe a whm to fight random worthless dragons/hydras. This game

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:39 am 
Random Man

Ok I cooled off and noticed I didn't really do what the OPost asked.

PLD no longer use war sub, but this is a good thing. PLD has new abilities that make them very strong as tanks.

RDM/nin is also an awesome tank. Their speed in capping their hate is top notch.

Amir boots are awesome.

A few NMs now drop rare/ex items and are rarely camped now by gilsellers and botters. This don't include KA, Simurge, and whatever else. Those still drop things worth gil along with rare/ex speed belt, and rare/ex strider boots.

It's actually possible to obtain salvage gear somehow. Need to assault to get points for it, after you get your assault gear.

Ok that's five. Thought that would be hard for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:14 am 
Brutal Sheep

John: "Hey guys I've read a lot of cool things about PLD/NIN, I'd like to try them out"

Killer/Gilean/Eden (minus Juvant and Mirabella): LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:16 am 
Cock atrice

I never said it was bad, Eden just wouldn't use PLDs back then so I thought what was the use of trying?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:29 am 
Random Man

Pld/nin was way weaker before the pld buff with sheild mastry, auto refresh patch. Then se gave pld another boost with increased enmity + mini invincibility with sentinel up. Rampart =magic def bonus and the same enmity effect?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:43 pm 
Peaches 'n Cream

- More ToAU Missions have been introduced, but a final reward for doing them is still not available.
- More Assaults have been included, as well as various awesome Weapons (Perdu ~~~) that is used to buy with Imperial Standing.
- Greater Colibri and Wivre's have been added, as well as Poroggo's and various other monsters, as well as another place to Exp that can hold 3 Great burn parties, 6 Shit ones.
- Salvage was introduced last December; basically a limbus/dynamis deal that is free and paid for entering via Assault P0ints, and the rewards are greater than some Abjurations (sets are called Ares Pld/Drk/War/Drg, Skadi Thf/Rng/Cor/Bst, Usukane Mnk/Nin/Sam/Pup, Marduk Whm/Smn/Brd, and Morrigans Blm/Rdm/Blu). We have 1 Ares Cuirass and Morrigan's Robe so far, Mef is sitting on another Cuirass just hasn't gotten all the materials needed to create it yet, and various people are 2/3 on other items.
- Nyzul Isle Assault have opened up, which is the game's equilavent to the 100 Floor Dungeons found in previous Final Fantasy games; 3 Sets of Armor are found here (Askar War/Pld/Drk/Bst/Sam/Drg, Goliard Whm/Blm/Rdm/Brd/Smn/Pup and Denali Mnk/Thf/Rng/Nin/Blu/Cor), as well as Appraisal Items that -can- turn into various Ex/Rare equipment found on NMs all around Vana'diel.
- Einherjar was recently added, a zone that costs 180k for a Lamp to enter (Much like Dynamis) and you have to kill everything within 30 minutes to win. People are not liking this because the rooms you get and the mobs you fight are 100% random, and the bosses have Reverse Hate, so if you don't do enough damage, you will die. However, the Old abjurations can drop in Einherjar, as well as 2 new ones (Shadow Breastplate War/Pld/Drk and Hadean/Shadow Coat Whm/Blm/Rdm/Brd/Smn).
- Chocobo Racing has been added, as well as various additions to Chocobo Raising.
- Ullikummi/Pallas/Alkyonis or w/e that other Gigas is/Sozu and a few other NMs are now popped with Ex/Rare drops found off of various mobs. Thief's Knife is now 100% drop.
- More Merits have been added to the game in the recent patch, allowing more merits be put in various Weapons and Magic traits.
- Blu/Cor/Pup have gotten their Tier 1 and Tier 2 Merits, yet no JSE, Af2, Af1+1, Af2+1 ... fags.
- Limbus now costs 30,000g instead of 50,000g.
- Dynamis Drop rates are still the same / Cost the same :/

There is probably a whole bunch of stuff I have left out, but they are the main things.

Oh, and Eden killed Vrtra.

k I lied...

...Thief's Knife isn't 100% Drop.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:12 pm 
Random Man

THF knife is, unless someone cfhed or something. If it's not it's darn well 99% drop rate.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:26 pm 
Eden Alumni

- Blockaid
- Tier 2 merits
- Goblin Bounty Hunter
- No xp loss from death by charm.
- Colibri merit camp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:33 pm 
Random Man

Wait wait wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No exp loss when you die while charmed!!!!
What kind of crap is this mess! So I spent all that time killing charmed gilsellers for nothing other than to watch them die while loosing no exp? Whats the point of the game for me now. That was my last fun thing to do solo. Please tell me you're joking? When was this update? If it was before July 17 that's jacked up. Heck if it was before I took the first break that's also jacked because I never knew that was patched. It's gay.

I guess killing the nin caused them to die naturally at times but all in all I killed one gilseller without them loosing exp. Wasted mp on tractor and r1 also. Why don't they just not allow us to target charmed people, or make it so when charm wear off you spawn in a safe spot near zone >.>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:32 pm 
Peaches 'n Cream

Also they nerfed the Promyvions, made 3 CoP BCs easier, a shitload of Ex/Rare items that made CoP Battlegroups easier (Like the Salt for Snoll, or Chips for CCB Polymer, or Psychoanimas for Promies) and can be Auctioned. They made is so that you no longer lose Exp in -ANY- CoP Battleground and if you are redoing the mission to help other people, you gain experience points for doing so. I got 1k from halping Kreuz with Mithra Trackers the other day >.>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:42 am 
Random Man

They should give rewards for dealing with their solo system. Sure you now get more exp when you at least duo, but same exp for soloing. Dang my sig looks hot. Going to shrink avatar later. Sitting at desk sux. PC limitations.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:38 am 
Gender Illusionist

emoploid:<

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:02 am 
Random Man

Oh man that avatar amy. I saw the sword and though you might have gotten it (you guys keep info from me) then I saw gaiters, and though "Omg they claimed tiamat". When I saw the hat I thought it was impossibly possible. Then I saw adaburk then everything was clear.. This is a wish avatar. Sad Nids only drop nlegs, mbody, and a.bodys.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:30 am 
Gender Illusionist

nope, i got all of that stuff ploid, lol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:46 pm 
Keyboard Cowboy

Lolmy wrote:
nope, i got all of that stuff ploid, lol

In ur mind

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:02 pm 
Lost Gaiters

2 pages and no one's said

- John quitting