It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Guild Wars 2
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:39 pm 
Cock atrice

That's awesome. As far as projectiles and magic goes, most other classes you team up with can take care of those. For example guardian has several moves that reflect or absorb projectiles. I have some situational blinding moves but they only last for 1 attack which makes it a bit tricky, I have to pay attention to every "miss" or "block" that I see to stay alive during some fights. I definitely love it though, it's very active and challenging. But I do indeed enjoy the thf blinding moves because it makes my job easier!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:00 pm 
Random Man

I knocked out some of my missions easy thanks to this notexploit (don't ban me GW2 devs). I was doing missions 5 levels above me. I only stopped because I got distracted, now I'm level 53 or something.

Those mole dudes are the only thing that are immune to my terror. They thrive in blindness :(, also some bosses are immune so that sucks for me. For casters I just run up to them and start blind rotation, burning them down with haste and the heart stab thing (which turns me invisible when I use it after the Black Powder ability, which gives me 2 extra initiative, then I back stab or face stab depending on how much space I have to work with.

Thf is also handy to run around and farm platinum, gold, and whatever else harvests. I was moving around easily dropping aggro, then when I get to a mine spot no matter what is breathing down my neck I use Shadow Refuge which lasts a long time.

This Game!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:55 pm 
Doesn't work without batteries

Thf is great for running around zones and harvesting. A lot of ways to lose aggro. My dodge drops caltrops which cripples enemies (basically slows their movement) and it also gives me a burst of speed. Plus the shortbow skill that lets you shadowstep to the location you shoot an arrow is great for running past hordes. Also, Thieves' Guild is great for distracting Veterans and Champions while you harvest.

Also, starting a photo series of my journeys entitled "Break Dancing Around the World"
First up, Claw of Jormag

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:25 pm 
Cock atrice

That dragon is HUGE. The largest boss that I've fought was the Shadow Behemoth in Queensdale which is pretty massive, but that Dragon takes the cake. Good stuff

Btw, you should work on finding a forum sig/avatar of an asura doing the full /dance.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:51 pm 
Bitter Canadian

asura are the midgets in this game??
makes me think of final fantasy D:

(idk where the word Asura comes from and am content in my ignorance)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:11 pm 
Random Man

New trick, caltrops + life on hit Signet of Malice = :)

Think I'm going to look into going back to sword in main hand since swords apparently cleave. I may miss the dagger's combo setup that turns me invisible which give me 2 initiative points though.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:34 pm 
Random Man

Hello Nurse

Video Demo of 1.0 http://youtu.be/3tjK5OI2oAQ

Combat Mode 1.0

With the press of a button turn Guild Wars 2 into a true action experience. It displays a centered crosshair (23 available in 1.0, with adjustable positions) and moving the mouse now turns your character and camera. When ever you cast a spell or action it will temporarily lock on and perform on whatever is underneath the crosshair. Left Click auto attacks, Right Click dodges & Mouse Scroll can be assigned to whatever you want. (all can be changed) Your movement and targeting will be as intuitive, fluid and accurate as an FPS Bringing up panels such as Inventory, Map, Hero, etc will toggle you out of combat mode and give you your cursor back.

Lugos mini preview (of beta 0.2, lots of bugs fixed since then)

Features:
*Crosshair targeting
*Eliminates Tab & cursor Targeting
*Eliminates the need to hold down Right Click to turn the camera
*Gives you 4 extra, easy to press, buttons to keybind (+ 12 modifiers)
*Left Click, Right Click, Scroll Wheel (and their modifiers) can perform actions (Such as a spell, Dodge, weapon Swap, Auto Attack)
*Seamless intergration with GW2. Opening panels such as Inventory and Hero Panel will switch you out of Combat Mode

What else is Combat Mode useful for: Disabilities & Injuries (such as missing fingers, RSI, Carpell Tunnel): There is no need to hold Right Click any more. Adds 4 easy to press keys to the mouse. (+12 modifiers) Adds an easy to press key to the keyboard.

Vision Impairment: The default cursor can be hard to see in the midst of combat (even for people with unimpaired vision). Combat Mode always sets the cursor to the centre of the screen, with the option to display large and bright crosshairs.

Xpadder / Game Pads: Combat Mode is the perfect solution for people who use gamepads. Simply select a button to be your Combat Mode "Toggle" key and away you go.

Heres a response from ArenaNet Dev:
Quote:
3rd party programs ARE ALLOWED. If they don't automate, bot, alter game files, give an advantage or effect other peoples game.

Combat Mode is still in development. 1.1 will have almost identical features, but with a few extra things to made the mod easier to use. Including, 60+ crosshairs, User interface to adjust crosshair and keybinds, and bug fixes.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...enanet_repond/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:10 pm 
Cock atrice

Reminds me of games like Dragon Nest or Tera. Seems like a cool alternative to have although I'm content with the current kb/m mouse scheme. My name is Dion and I approve of this message.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:24 pm 
Random Man

I think I'm going to put the soundtrack of FFXIII (still haven't played the game, not including demos) in the game, with some Persona 3 and 4 and a pinch of Devil May Cry. Also I got level 70 - 73 so fast just by staying in that level 70 zone. The events happen back to back and constantly. 12k exp each not including the exp from the monster kills which show up in waves. I gotta remember to eat that food for the buffs.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:58 am 
Cock atrice

Ploid wrote:
I think I'm going to put the soundtrack of FFXIII (still haven't played the game, not including demos) in the game, with some Persona 3 and 4 and a pinch of Devil May Cry.

I'd love to see a video of this^

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:10 pm 
Random Man

Yesterday I was playing with the custom music, but it don't seem to work for when you're out of the city exploring, or under water. When you start a boss fight, go in a city, and fight more than 2 enemies at one time it kicks in fast. I had to turn down the effects, and other sounds a lot and I put music all the way up but it still gets drowned out by the fighting, especially boss fights.

I'm thinking it would be best if I just had the custom play list playing on a music player rather than in game. There is also a long pause before it plays the next song, it's like they try to be artistic with random music placement hoping they start it at just the right time when you cross something.

Having this play when I fought the claw of Jorm was cool though. http://youtu.be/V7ErlkQIc4A

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:53 am 
Random Man

Vid of events with the custom music, and a one on one fight with the music not kicking in at all.

http://youtu.be/QNyp96JXByI

Edit: This is the Karma gear I was talking about... none are berserker stats :(

http://dulfy.net/2012/09/08/gw2-templeg ... or-sets/#2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:02 pm 
Cock atrice

Awesome vid, a bit tough to hear at times because of all the sound effects. Thief vids look pretty epic btw, was that a story mission or just a random ADVENTURE?

edit:
Also, if you make a playlist for the battle music, does it randomly pick between them and cycle the song or does it play them one after another until the battle ends? I'm going to experiment with this tonight!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:03 pm 
Random Man

It was a level 74 mission. The playlist start to randomize after playing the first song so I put a small mp3 file at the top of the playlist.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:14 pm 

I was going to say that Whispering gear looks pretty tempting for WvW but at 42k karma points per item... forget about it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:01 pm 
Random Man

I have a bit over 42k, so what else is there to buy with a lot of Karma? I haven't really spent much on the higher level Karma vendors. I started to when the Trade Post wouldn't come up but I only spent maybe 1k. The whole time playing this game I haven't spent karma until that 1k. I can't imagine how long it would take to collect 200k karma. Well a few more months of continued playing at the same pace as trying to level up I suppose.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:20 pm 

Legendary weapons are rumored to require 500k+ karma points to buy some item. So far I'm at 70k

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:58 am 
Random Man

Just going to drop this right here. Yeah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpSGz_AjJNM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:13 pm 
Cock atrice

Wow, did you see how fast the fort's gate went down?? With a zerg raid w/out siege, it takes days! Awesome find.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:07 pm 
Cock atrice

Hey Ploid check this elementalist out. I didn't even know you could play this way, although I'm not a dagger user myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PKPbboLqzM

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next