It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:17 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:56 pm 
Bitter Canadian

Kooyo wrote:
bc lets play ffxiv together?

Maybe, it's free time on there now and I just can't be bothered. It's my bday this weekend so I won't get online until Sunday afternoon sometime if at all... did you already start playing? if yes, wot server?

ItsSeflol wrote:
Don't be assholes if you find my girlfriend while playing.

I was gonna get the game just for this purpose, this doesn't sound very fun now. When did you die inside?!?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:45 pm 
Random Man

Play Diablo 3 for free at launch with the starter edition. Similar to Star Craft 2's starter edition, you'll be limited maybe by level cap or multiplayer options but you can test it or get in a few games if people talking about the game and the stuff they're doing gets to you.

Last edited by Ploid on Thu May 10, 2012 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:57 pm 
Geman Coast Guard

Diablo is just lootwhoring shit and the competition of being the fastest to click once u hear a certain sound or see a certain color ;D

but it's super fun :D

Have a WHM in the RNG/DD party down in the line of fire to help keep them alive after Spear inevitably hits them because they're idiots with tiny attention spans.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:19 pm 
Random Man

Looks like a lot of the sound camping, as you described it, is out so it'll be less tense when things drop. Also I was reading old D2 players talk about some changes, and they are happy that you can't abuse teleport to get to the boss to farm, though in D3 some of the better drops will be from random gold or blue NM like monsters that just happen to be there as you're going through dungeons. I guess I'm glad I didn't play D2 in a way as I won't miss the old way things were done.

I wondered what the crap was going on in D2 vids where people were just teleporting to who knows where. I couldn't understand what they were doing.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:25 pm 
Geman Coast Guard

Oh okay, well the normal monsters or NMs also dropped Gems, Runes or magical/unique/set equipment. So you had to be focused all the time. At the Bosses everyone just waited there, ready to click the shit out of him to get the dropping items.
I never played online with random people. I just did a few LAN-parties with friends playing that game.
Usually everyone knew that a gold or yellow item dropped, but only the person who grabbed it could say what it was, cause noone had the chance to read what it was :D

Have a WHM in the RNG/DD party down in the line of fire to help keep them alive after Spear inevitably hits them because they're idiots with tiny attention spans.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:45 pm 
STFU

what server are we all going on!?(if they have servers idk)

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:59 pm 
Random Man

No idea if there are servers, but I know they are split up into regions. Euro, US, etc. though you can make a character on whatever region, just can't change him over after you made it.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:07 am 
Bitter Canadian

Ugh. Camping sounds, sounds terrible. I always have music on if I vidya

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:09 am 
Geman Coast Guard

it's more important to focus on gold and green name tags than on the *pling* sounds of gems :D

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:30 am 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

We could just not be assholes to eachother and agree on who gets shit.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:48 am 
Random Man

Everyone get's their own loot now, unless you guys go back to D2. No rush to pick stuff up, get it later when everything is dead. Also if you see something VD or Ploid can use and you have no need for it pass it to them by picking it up and dropping it to make it viewable for them :D.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:02 am 
Black Thumb

us east

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:29 am 
STFU

so say 4 of us kill something and it drops a badass bow on the ground, its on the ground in everyones game and everyone gets one? im cunfuzled

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:42 am 
Random Man

Ok if you see the bow it dropped in your game but not necessarily in someone's else. The random chance for whatever to drop is working for each of you. So while you get awesome bow, someone else might have gotten even awesomer ring. Though if you was really trying for that ring, and he was for that bow, you guys can pick it up, drop it then trade if you're friends.

Think of it like this, the game is the same for all 4 of you, but loot is instanced and unique to each of you. You see it, it's yours to pick up.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:42 am 
Random Man

Important if you installed the Diablo III beta!

If you have installed the Diablo III beta at any point and intend to install Diablo III, please make sure that all Diablo III beta files are removed from your system prior to installing the full game.

This includes the Battle.net folder, which can be found in the following locations:

[WINDOWS XP]
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Battle.net

[WINDOWS VISTA/7]
C:\ProgramData\Battle.net

MAC
/Users/Shared/Battle.net

Once this folder and all other beta files are removed, simply run the installer again.

http://blues.incgamers.com/Posts/11/1/4 ... l-the-beta

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:52 am 
Geman Coast Guard

ItsSeflol wrote:
We could just not be assholes to eachother and agree on who gets shit.

sure thing, but it was kinda fun to lootwhore like a crazy bitch and be the first one to grab everything :D

so if you play in a party of 6 people, mobs might drop 6 different items? O.o sounds super weird

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:23 am 
Random Man

You may want to sit down for this one.

The max players you can have in a world is 4. No PVP yet, maybe later that 4 player cap will raise to 8. The more people you add to your game the harder the enemies get (HP, and enemy count).

As for your question. The mob could drop 2 different item but it will probably look like this.

Seiriem drops = 200 gold, Leather Vest, Sword of Vengeance, Mana Orb

Vedder drops = 100 gold, health orb, mana orb

Ploid drops = 20 gold, Health Orb, Doll of Wounding

Dhiloda drops = 200 gold, Cracked Sword

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:34 am 
Geman Coast Guard

Oh okay... enemies getting harder with more people was the same in D2.

But you won't be able to see what others got, do you?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:58 am 
Random Man

No, you can't see what they got unless they tell you, and drop it after picking it up.

D3: Base Stat Mechanics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9uVdmd ... ture=g-u-u

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:49 am 
Doesn't work without batteries

Only 4 people at once? Lame

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next