It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 4:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:51 am 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

That's even worse.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:00 am 
Bitter Canadian

I knew Mexican was wrong, so I threw in a generic latino comment in the next post.
Peurto Ricans fall into the latino category; unless I've been fooled by a Mexican.

Yorke wrote:
Sef is Asian

Pretty sure you guys have driven together, so I'm gonna have to take this as fact.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:15 am 
Random Man

In the U.S. the term Hispanic (Hispano) gained acceptance after it was picked up by the government and used in forms and census to identify people with Spanish heritage. Hispanic is not a race but an ethnic distinction, Hispanics come from all races and physical traits. The term Hispanic is merely a translation of the Old World word Hispania (Latin) or Hispano (Spanish).

Latin America is a geographic location. People from Latin America are all Latin but not all are Hispanics. Brazilians speak Portuguese, which makes them Latin but not Hispanic. Dr. Lorenzo LaFarelle explained that in the 20's and 50's the term "Latin American" became very popular. Back then people of Mexican descent born in the United States preferred to be called Latin Americans since they were not actually born in Mexico, they felt the term Mexican did not exactly fit them. Besides that often the term Mexican was used with a derogatory note. In 1928 in the Corpus Christi - Laredo area a group of Hispanics spearheaded LULAC (League of Latin American Citizens) to help combat discrimination and prejudice and to help Hispanics acculturate.

So what are they? Spanish speakers or people of Spanish heritage are Hispanics or Hispanos. In the end it doesn't really matter much what we call ourselves - Latinos or Hispanics - said Dr. LaFarelle, "somos todos primos" - we're all cousins anyway. We should respect our differences, enjoy our close relationship and be proud of our cultural legacy.

I'm proud of the Latino community.
too hott eva mendes.jpg See sig gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:03 am 

Whatever happened to "go back to work you stupid spic"?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:12 am 
Black Thumb

i drove; no way an asian drives my car

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:31 am 

I'd be :plain: but I don't disagree.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:05 am 
Bitter Canadian

so ese is not a proper term?
themoreyouknow.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:00 am 
Black Thumb

he's almost mexinese

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:24 pm 
Random Man

Ok time to get rid of the girlfriend. Its not me, its her. picture of 4 jars of cheese dip, two big bags of potato chips, 2 packages of cookies, more and more junk in the pantry. I'm now kinda attracted to slightly ripped girls, weak skinny arms shows a lack of dedication.

Kinda kidding about the get rid part. Loving my new body, did you guys start yet?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:38 pm 
Black Thumb

I look like shit right now; the surgeries and stuff kinda put me on my ass all of last year...still gotta rehab and then I can get back to making myself look like less of a caricature.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:57 am 
Random Man

The good thing about being young is we can change up our bodies so fast and can put our bodies through so much. Kill in that rehab and when you recover tear that fitness up. You can do it! You have a ton of time.

I have a cousin that was a physical therapist, think she's a lawyer now though. I have a lot of family in the medical field (brother, his gf, about 6 cousins, sister is a psychology major).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:07 am 
Random Man

This is the first time I'm actually keeping a resolution, and man it's probably the best thing I've done in a while. Can't recommend getting fit enough, not heavy lifting but cardio. Makes you feel, and look better. You can have a ton of muscles but still look like a marshmallow (world strongest man competitors for example).

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT. So worth it, and it's a good challenge. This week I'm supposed to be doing all recovery stuff but it look too easy so instead I picked the hardest one. That exp mentality, tell me to exp bst on easy prey when I can kill VT's just fine.

I think I'm going to do this all year then next year take it down to 3 days a week. Don't know, maybe I'll end up taking it further because seeing the results is a big motivation boost. Right now I'm thinking I don't want to go back to what I was at 2 months ago, need to maintain at least where I am now all while trying to go further. Now I hunt Protein, count calories, and such. Slippery slope but da results.

Saw a childhood best friend yesterday, he got huge. I want him to start doing this but didn't want to say anything. He's probably fine the way he is.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:57 am 
Random Man

Every one of the Insanity workout dvds are on Vimeo out in the open (youtube like stream site). They've been up there for a long time too. The internet is crazy.

Just type in the title of the workout in the Vimeo search and you'll find each one. Example "2: Plyometric Cardio Circuit"
http://vimeo.com/22469002

1: Dig Deeper & Fit Test:
To start, Shaun T will put your body to the test and see what you're made of.

2: Plyometric Cardio Circuit:
Burn fat with intervals of intense lower-body plyo and sweat-inducing cardio.

3: Cardio Power & Resistance:
Build lean muscle and upper-body definition with strength-training and insanity workout power moves.

4: Cardio Recovery:
Shaun T goes easier on you once a week so you're ready for the next Insanity Workout round.

5: Pure Cardio & Abs:
Skip the intervals—this nonstop cardio workout is all extreme.

6: Cardio Abs:
Do explosive intervals of cardio and core moves for rock-hard abs.

7: Core Cardio & Balance:
Take a break after month 1 of the Insanity workout and gear up for month 2 with this workout.

8: Max Interval Circuit:
The interval circuit that's more intense than anything you've ever done before.

9: Max Interval Plyo:
Push your legs 'til they beg for mercy with power and plyo, all at your MAX.

10: Max Cardio Conditioning & Abs:
Get pushed to your limit with this extreme cardio workout.

11 - Max Recovery
Get rested up to die the next day.

12 - Insane Abs
You will die as you die for mercy

13 - Max Interval Sports
If you somehow survived you will surely die here.

14 - Upper Body Weight Training
Still not dead? Now we will add weights since you are being a pest. Die already!

calendar
http://i.picpar.com/7d03e9a952cb4258475 ... 046a42.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:44 pm 
Black Thumb

I still can't lift anything cause of my armz ;[

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:50 pm 
Random Man

How is your arm training stuff going? Can you like jog in place or do they hurt while you bounce? If it's just the lifting or putting weight on them then you could probably do a lot of the things in some of these, though they have a stretching position that pulls your shoulders apart. I hate it and I don't even see what it's stretching.

When I'm struggling to do stuff I just skip the stuff that look too taxing.

"Ok now let's get on the floor and do some pushup jacks. It's pushups with your legs doing the jumping jack motion."

-No way am I doing this right now, screw that. (sits by fan, drinks water, wipe off face).

To tell you the truth I do this type of stuff very often. As long as I'm getting tired enough to need breaks when they aren't breaking I think I did a good day of exercise. I think the people that go through every thing to a T are super human and probably been doing this stuff for years. The people in the videos are Beach Body instructors so it's their life and even they have to take breaks when it's not time to take a break.

-----------

Btw for these vimeo vids they are .mp4 so you can easily play them on your phones or ipad/android tablets/ps3.

Directions:

Use firefox

Download the app "Download Helper" http://www.downloadhelper.net/

Then track down the video on Vimeo and start playing it. Click on the down arrow next to the Download Helper icon and select the bottom most video file. Save as whatever where ever you want.

Transfer to your video device.

If you don't plan on doing this stuff 2 years from now at least you'd have it available when you do decide to get ripped and fast. Or shed a few quick.

And remember, go at your own pace. Don't push too hard, and if you get a bit dizzy stop there and call it a day. Maybe fast forward to the stretching and exit. You're done for the day. Eat icecream if you want.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:04 pm 
Black Thumb

The ligaments and tendons are still weak so I'm not supposed to do anything that's gonna cause trauma...that unfortunately applies to running on uneven surfaces for at least another few months

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:09 pm 
Random Man

Ok yeah, stay far away. Get well man.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:28 am 
Bitter Canadian

gonna do the ab ones
bitchez are suckers for abs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:48 am 
Random Man

All of them actually work your abs. For example the warmups, you're lifting your legs and keeping your core tight. Lifting your legs in front of you is your abs, and other stuff. The first abs workout is tough though, the stretch after feels sooo good haha.

Also doing this stuff got my whole mid torso all bumpy. It looks cool.

example

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:15 am 
STFU

I do insanity too! Shit goes hard but i guess P90X is better, but it kicks the shit outta me every time i do it, wouldnt recomend it when ur just starting your workouts again though, maybe a couple months after your back in the swing of things.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next