It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:03 am 
Bitter Canadian

sounds like it's working, did you have to change your diet much??

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:08 am 
Random Man

Well after finding out how dopamine causes me to want to over eat just because my brain is preparing for famine, I started to only eat when I was actually hungry. You know how it is, you eat something because it's there (candy at your desk, donuts someone brought in for the office), or because you're a bit bored and want some mouth party flavor (tasty snack, fast to make hot pockets, ice cold SODA).

I still eat the normal food I used to (easy to make crap/junk, fast food, and whatever is put in my face), I just back off of those unnecessary skirmishes. My mom used to say "Your eyes are bigger than your stomach" meaning you just want to eat food X because you see it, and no you can't have any. I stopped drinking soda and eating ice cream a long time ago too (I partake in them rarely but not often). I watched a vid showing how much sugar is in a can of soda and it just looks nasty. Also because of that dopamine thread I found out that as you ease up on an addictive thing you tend to not mind that you're doing it less or not at all. Though I must eat to live, eating a little less junk gets easy over time. Eating good food and stuff (stuff that's not from vending machines or flavored with sugar) is good for energy and muscle building so I don't want to stop on that. I don't want to end up boney.

I have yet to keep up with the videos so far. I thought the first was so tough just to scare me, but day 2 is like Nidhogg instead of fafnir. I haven't done it like I should and skip days but I'm not expecting to be ripped in 60 days, I'm taking it slower. I doubt people are expected to keep up when starting out though. It's impossible no matter how I push, also I was trying to go just as fast as them which was a early lesson I picked up on. You're supposed to go at your own pace and keep your heart rate safe. I should get on some creatine, to allow me to keep going naturally. I might start running all over the place, eating healthier, and buy a bike at the end of this year. The hobby of keeping fit.

Sweat pour from my face like a leaky faucet. I never sweat like this before, maybe because I'm not running/moving causing wind to cool me off or dry up the sweat. Thing is, I'm enjoying it because it's so hard. Challenge accepted type of thing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:31 pm 
Bitter Canadian

I haven't actually started yet (slacker I know, gtfo) but I plan on whipping myself into shape this year too.
I don't eat a lot of junk food but the food I do eat isn't really good for me, fast food, processed crap that's easy to cook etc.

Idk what kind of program I should be looking for though, I'm like 6'3 and 190ish so I just want to tighten up my flabby spots (getting beer gut wtf) and pack on more mass.
Don't want to hit the ROIDS though, I'll probably just start eating better and working out more.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:32 pm 
Black Thumb

you're pretty much a monster...I'm a much more streamlined 5'9" 170lbs

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:59 pm 
Random Man

6'2 203 ish. No beer belly (don't drink) but I have thick arms and have been working on them for a long time now (muscle). Also my legs and chest. I'm more proud of my arms though. Project man boobs didn't go too far, I needed to use machines and had to go out of my way to work on them, where as for my arms I can do that more conveniently.

I'm taller than VD huzzah! Darn taru is taller than me though :(.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:58 am 
Black Thumb

I prolly actually weigh more than that now....sucks though cause it's not muscle, I've been way more sedentary the past year due to my inability to exercise cause of the surgeries and stuff. This year I'll get some of it back I hope.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:15 am 
Random Man

I got a scale, the arm is near 200 but a bit on the pegs ahead of it. That scale also screwed me. I had the scale on a carpet mat and I was like 250 while on it. One day I took the scale in another room with wood floors and I was 210. I figured the scale was broken, turns out somehow the carpet kinda mess up the scale reading. Tried it with weights on it, the carpet adds pounds.

Scale is also part of the motivator to work harder. I don't want to really weigh lighter, but it's interesting to see the arm change over time. Since I'm now not really strength training most of it must be body fat. The lower it gets the more exp you're getting. We know how we like to level up and stuff. 200 ding

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:31 am 
Black Thumb

I used to be pretty strong from golfing of all things but I haven't been able to pick up a club in forever. Last day I golfed was literally the day before I started my current job in 2010, I remember playing in a tournament that day. Can't believe it's been that long ;[

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:44 am 
Random Man

I don't play any sports anymore other than pretend soccer with my 5 year old nephew. Which is pretty much walking and pretending.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:56 am 
Black Thumb

It's not as easy to find time with a real job and lacking the ability to drive.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:37 am 
Random Man

When you first start doing a new routine you get fast results, and if you don't change anything up your body gets used to it and you get less results. Maybe if you find a simple youtube exercise vid and knock out a 15 min routine a day (doing anything from Bodyrock, to Joesixpack youtube channels. I suggest Bodyrock because the girl is ripped and has a accent).

Today I felt like I was going to pass out again. Had to run outside for some fresh and cool air. Going to try to do 2 sessions tomorrow (2 hours of working out), no pain no gain. Man if I had supplements I'd be addicted to this stuff. I may look into that, I run out of steam too fast.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:12 pm 
Random Man

Doing this stuff with someone else is much better. You're either trying to keep up (competition) or motivate the weaker one to keep at it. It's more fun.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:15 pm 
Black Thumb

I enjoy speaking to people also (for the most part)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:41 pm 
Random Man

This is the best thing I have ever done! Never going back. I need to gain more muscle now. Think I'll change my building room into a gym. Need some machines.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:19 pm 
Black Thumb

Eating steroids for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:48 pm 
Random Man

Can't take roids because they mess with your package and make you rage. I'll probably grab some legal supplements though. Like the creatine stuff that give your muscles what they need to keep going. I wish I could stop and stay a certain way but I know I'll have to keep doing this stuff to maintain. It's hobby area.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:29 am 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

Chris Benoit would have looked 1000x worse if he were black.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:44 pm 
Black Thumb

black people usually don't kill themselves after shooting rampages, that's more reserved for white people and samurais (tom cruise)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:50 pm 
Random Man

Still can't believe Chris Benoit did that. I mean sure he had a crazy role in wrestling, but wrestling is fake. I always thought the wrestlers were cool dudes. After he did that all of his scenes in wwf/e whatever makes total sense. Dude was a psycho.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:05 pm 
Random Man

For VD (though she may be a fake pale red head). If you build it.

Edit: What the crap

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com ... 1_1280.png (not sure if safe for work (bikini and big girl in underwear).

I always wondered what happened to the skin when people go from being plump to small. Amazing material.

Crissfit.tumblr.com

Quote:
Hi! I'm Criss: a 24-year-old geeky girl who has spent the majority of her life overweight and sedentary. One day I woke up and thought, "Well, this sucks" and decided to embark on my current path of weight loss. Now I'm 73 pounds down, healthy, happy, and becoming less of a stereotype everyday. This is my weight loss blog to help document my progress, get support when I'm having bad days, and to rave when I get results the right way. I also strive to be a good role model to show girls that you can see better progress when you do it healthy. The majority of my excess weight was put on in high school after "recovering" from an ED, so I aspire to be there for younger girls because nobody was ever there for me.

I am not a weight loss or fitness expert. I can tell you what I did, but I cannot tell you the best what to do x or y. I may have been successful, but I don't have an answer to everything. I also get many, many messages a day and don't have time to answer them all, so please try to look at my FAQ and links before asking questions. I try to answer as many messages as I can, but with so many, I will ignore any that ask questions that can be answered by reading my blog.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next