It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:26 pm 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

I don't get the point of having sex in video games. I came across an article about how sex scenes in Bioware games should be more like the ones in this Witcher game and the only thing I could think of is "why?".
What's the point of having sex in video games?
I'm not against the idea of it like those mom-groups that hate everything, it's literally that I don't see the point.
What is so appealing about 2 pixels fucking eachother?
How does it add to the gameplay? Are people so in love with video games that they're actually..in love with their video games?

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:31 pm 
Random Man

It adds 0 to witcher. Maybe for story purposes but that could have it be like the GTA games. Want some coffee baby? fade to black. Well in this you can change events on some of them, but sex scenes with the prostitutes yields nothing. Well there's one quest where you have to ask for a girl, then tell her a password, and she'll give you something but it's not sex. That's how I got my awesome golden doublet. It has some awesome magic resistance properties.

I think the presence of sex in this game is just added for the atmosphere. Probably something people in this world do without thinking and for entertainment. There's no tvs, and bards are few and far between. Haven't had one play music for me yet. However there's a lot of drinking (the drunk effect is awesome) and gambling.

This game does feel grungy and kinda filthy (dirt filth). Mud sounds in tents and crap makes me think, "So glad I live in the modern age."

Edit: Also your choices in what you do effect this game's story far more than mass effect 2 in my opinion (shouldn't be hard to do that though haha).

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:48 pm 

I didn't mean you or this game specifically, I just meant in general. I don't really get the point of having sex in games. I don't get off to my character getting off.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:01 pm 
Random Man

I think games add it in to sell (sex sells 101 marketing), and to try to be taken seriously like movies. I thought the same thing when watching Watchmen. They had sex scenes out of nowhere and for no reason sometimes. Games might be trying to push the industry out of the kids only realm.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:31 pm 
Black Thumb

VEDDER IS HOT AS HELL

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

Post subject: Re: PC GAMING!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:41 pm 
Random Man

After playing as Ploid for years, I saw the eyecandy appeal of having girl character leads. Sure it's nice to look at dirt coated military tanks here and there, but at the end of the day I'd rather look at the sexy, curvy, shiny, exotic cars more.

Also there's the new game called L.A. Noire that also has a lot of nudity, and a lot of gore with it. It seems like a good game as well, pretty mature with it's content.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:11 am 
Black Thumb

Heard about it, that game looks pretty sweet.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:40 am 

I'd be picking all these up in I had infinite billion dollars like you all.
Except Plois because he's black.
And VD because he's from B-lo.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:47 pm 
Random Man

Just ordered a Hyper 212 and put $70 into steam for new games. No games I want though. Wish L.A. Noire was on pc.

This is a Hyper 212 (cpu heatsink)

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:27 am 
Doesn't work without batteries

Yorke wrote:
Heard about it, that game looks pretty sweet.

It's pretty sweet and interesting but I haven't been playing it non-stop like some games. I do a case or two at a time. The only nudity I've seen so far are dead female corpses. The gore isn't that bad either. There was one scene with some excessive blood splatter from a bludgeoning but besides that fairly tame.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:41 am 
Random Man

The latest serious rockstar games can't hold me like the PS2 GTA games. I liked Red Dead Redemption a lot but like you said, I'd play a few missions then stop. They don't offer a lot of distractions like the wacky GTA3s. Also like L.A. Noire I like the way you are put in a history that is nice to tour. I keep saying this, I wish there was a educational game set in a sandbox like these, L.A. Noire is getting closer to that since you can inspect stuff, pick them up, and the while thing isn't about killing everything. It also encourage you to be careful and not break everything with your car.

Next I want a game like National Treasure where you search for clues and do a lot of other stuff outside of cop work. Maybe have time travel in the game to make stuff interesting, or flash backs where you can explore Old New York. Heck A Dick Tracy game would be nice too. I just like games set in the older times + sandbox. And because I'd be screwed if I was sent in the past in real life.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:20 pm 
Random Man

Bought a few more games.

Shogun 2: Total War (runs better than the demo, looks better with Directx 11 effects)

Dirt 3 (almost exactly like Dirt 2)

Test Drive Unlimited 2 (horribad game)

Garry's Mod (wow this thing is really a sandbox game mod, toy box, whatever. Too bad I don't know how to use most of the stuff)

Bloody Good Time (Awesome game, you are given assassination type objectives, or straight up death match. For example in Hunt you are given a target player to kill, also someone is given your picture as a target, so you have to try to carry out your objective knowing that anybody you see could be hunting you. I love it).

The longer you go without eating, sleeping, or using the restroom the slower you run. While doing any of the 3 you become a sitting duck. Also you can't just run around with your weapons exposed or the security guards will zap you and remove your equipted weapon.

Infected mode fills the whole map with smoke. Harder to see while people try to pass on infection in a tag you're it kinda way.

The game is a FPS built with TF2's engine.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:20 pm 
Cock atrice

Ploid wrote:
Just ordered a Hyper 212 and put $70 into steam for new games. No games I want though. Wish L.A. Noire was on pc.

This is a Hyper 212 (cpu heatsink)

Speaking of HSFs, I'm replacing my broken stock HSF with this guy:

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2
http://www.amazon.com/Arctic-Cooling-Fr ... lectronics

Once it comes in, I can get back on my pc gaming! :D

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:43 pm 
Random Man

Hah that thing looks like something that goes on a time machine.

Also I'm so scared of putting thermal paste on the one I ordered. It seem like I have to do it in some kind of steps. Put paste between the groves, clean the base then put paste on the center dividers that go between the heat pipes.

I have to get them inside the grooves, then put a short line on the silver part like this.

Too complicated, and I'm skurd. Also I have to take my whole motherboard out, put on brackets, and that's going to be a lot of work. Hope things go well, for you too. Doing the CPU paste was my most hated part, adding complexity to it just makes it even worse.

Edit: Yours look kinda easy to install. Outside of that guy using those needle nose pliers (I have none). Comes with the paste on the cooler already as well. And the base is fully copper (awesome). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKWh24l5-tQ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:39 pm 
Cock atrice

Damn! I hate dealing with thermal pastes and taking out the MB just to install stuff. It can be a real pain. But on the plus side, your HSF looks fricken beastly, I bet you can do some serious OCing with that.

OCing the cpu is something that I haven't gotten into, I've had my cpu for about.. 3years ish so I don't want to mess with it. I heard it's best to OC when your stuff is relatively new idk.. but yeah, my biggest concern is wondering if this new HSF will fit on my MB. My graphics card (HD 5850) already takes up a crazy amount of space AND at some point I want to XFire with another!! :selfhammer:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:46 pm 
Random Man

Your Heat sink fan thingy looks beastly too. Just that you can't add another fan to it, but you said you won't be overclocking so it don't matter. The only reason I picked the one I got is lots of places say it's the best air cooler and it only cost $25. Your's is around the same price, but your's might be shorter and able to fit in most cases. Mine is as tall as a game controller, or a 120mm case fan (since that's the type of fans you can attach to them).

Your Heat sink don't seem to need you to remove the motherboard. Just the small parts might get dropped if you don't have good visibility and needle nose pliers.

Dual fans and height. Dual fans are a push pull configuration. Air just rush through the fins.

---------------------------------------------

GPU cooler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:16 pm 
Cock atrice

That second picture is wild man, the fan + the videocard (I believe) is bodying that MB lol. Maybe in the next year or so I'm going to start building a new PC with some more up-to-date stuffz (I have a DDR2 MB!!!! Lame)

But yeah, it seems like its going to be a matter of time until we need like 2 MBs per computer lol. Either that or everything will be external. Imagine buying a new video card that you plug in externally, just you wait and see!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:59 pm 
Random Man

You can already do external video cards I think, and yeah, it's a video card (Nvidia logo).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:06 pm 
Cock atrice

lol.. how do you explain that setup to your girlfriend when she comes over

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:15 pm 
Black Thumb

white women don't understand much so he just makes something up

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next