It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 475 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:52 am 
Random Man

• 5/8/12
:applause:

• Release Date | May 15, 2012 - WORLDWIDE
  • Platform | PC + Mac
  • Price | $59.99 US ($99.99 Collector’s Edition)
  • Genre | Action Role-Playing Game
  • Developer | Blizzard Entertainment (Game Director - Jay Wilson)
  • Rating(s) | ESRB: M / PEGI: 16 / BBFC: 15 / AU: MA15+ / GRB: 18

Collector's Edition Contents

PC Requirements

Minimum:
  • Windows® XP/Vista/7 (latest service packs) with DX 9.0c
  • Intel Pentium® 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4400+
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better
  • 1 GB RAM (XP), 1.5 GB (Vista/7)
  • 12 GB available HD space
  • DVD-ROM (required for retail disc versions only)
  • Broadband Internet Connection
  • 1024x768 minimum resolution

Recommended:
  • Windows® Vista/7 (latest service packs)
  • Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz
  • 2 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® 260 or ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 or better

Mac Requirements

Minimum:
  • Mac® OS X 10.6.8, 10.7.x or newer
  • Intel® Core 2 Duo
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT or ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 or better
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 12 GB available HD space
  • DVD-ROM (required for retail disc versions only)
  • Broadband Internet Connection
  • 1024x768 minimum resolution
Recommended:
  • Mac® OS X 10.7.x or newer
  • Intel® Core 2 Duo
  • 2 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M or ATI Radeon™ HD 4670 or better
The latest system requirements can be found here.

You can be extra prepared to face the forces of Hell by downloading the game ahead of time, even if you didn’t preorder a digital copy, using the links below. Just select your desired language and OS.

Windows
en-US
en-GB
en-SG
German
French
Spanish-ES
Spanish-MX
Italian
Polish
Taiwan Mandarin
Korean
Portugese

OS X
en-US
en-GB
en-SG
German
French

You mean there's a reason for all that clicking besides loot?!

Evil
Is.
Back.

For a refresher on Diablo 1 and 2, see this video series by NeoGAF’s [url="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=20738"]ZealousD[/url] that covers all the cutscenes and other major in-game events of the first two entries in the series.

The narrated lore series by Force Strategy Gaming is worth a look as well: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

If you don't have much time to spare, but still want to slay demons with a purpose, IGN's Diablo In 5 Minutes might be the primer for you. Though I highly recommend both both ZealousD's and Force's if you have the time to watch them.

Still not enough lore for you? Then you can check out the Book of Cain, the Sin War Trilogy, and Diablo 3: The Order, releasing May 15th.

Click the class crest to view the respective “Heroes Rise” video. Click anywhere else in each banner to go to the official class page.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Crafting in Diablo 3 is not done directly by the player, but carried out by skilled artisans who agree to assist the hero on his/her journey.

• The Blacksmith salvages unwanted magic (blue) or better items into crafting materials which he then uses to craft weapons and armor. While they often have some fixed properties or pre-defined ranges, like most items in Diablo, the arms created by the Blacksmith have randomly generated properties.
  • The Jeweler can combine lower quality gems into better ones, add sockets to items, as well as extract gems from equipment - for a price. Gems give powerful stat enhancements when socketed and have different, special properties if inserted into a helm or weapon. You’ll need to invest in these precious stones for your heroes to be at the peak of their capabilities.

Initially upgraded with only gold, eventually artisans will require pages, books, or tomes of knowledge to advance their craft to the highest level (10). Even then, the absolute best craftable items must be learned from rare recipes found in the world.

In addition to an in-game player-to-player trade interface (which should be familiar to anyone who’s played WoW), as well as the ability to simply drop items on the ground as a means of trading items, Diablo 3 features a full-fledged auction house. Unlike other games, you don’t access the auction house from a physical location in the game, but through a menu interface accessed from the character selection screen. From there you can view your shared stash as well as the inventory of all your characters. Due to the randomized nature of most items in Diablo 3, weapons and armor can be found primarily by using a series of filters (e.g has the intelligence stat, with a minimum of value of 7) as search parameters.

Besides the gold auction house, which relies solely on the currency generated in-game, Blizzard has introduced the optional Real Money Auction House (RMAH) where players can buy and sell items for real-world currency. The proceeds from auctions in the RMAH can be added to either your Battle.net balance or cashed out via PayPal (for an additional fee) in certain regions. The RMAH will go online approximately one week after the launch of Diablo 3.

Transaction Fees:

There is no listing price - these fees will be charged only if an auction successfully sells.

EQUIPMENT

Transaction Fee: 15% of Final Sale Price (Gold Auction House) $1.00 USD/$1.00 AUD per item (RMAH)
Transfer Fee (to PayPal): 15% of Amount Being Transferred

COMMODITIES

Transaction Fee: 15% of Final Sale Price (Gold Auction House) 15% of Final Sale Price (RMAH)
Transfer Fee (to PayPal): 15% of Amount Being Transferred

The above is hardly a comprehensive resource. For more information, please read this guide and be sure to check the FAQ.

PayPal Cashout Profit Table

Difficulties - It’s not over till Inferno

Diablo doesn’t end when the story is over. A significant amount of new content to be explored awaits brave adventurers after completing an initial run through the story. The more advanced Nightmare and Hell difficulties return from Diablo 2, as well as the brand new Inferno difficulty, available only after the Hell difficulty is defeated, and is balanced around players at the level cap (60). Inferno is intended to be an intense challenge that requires both potent equipment and skillfulness to overcome, though it can be completed solo, as well as in a party. As players advance through each difficulty, they will encounter:

• More vicious monsters with a greater number of affixes, some of which can’t be found in Normal
  • Progressively more powerful weapons and armor, including legendary and unique items and sets
  • Rare recipes for crafting
  • And More…

Think it will be easy? Think Again.

Hardcore - One Life To Live

Hardcore makes a comeback in Diablo 3, and is as unforgiving as ever. Unlocked after leveling at least one character to level 10 in “softcore”, you have just one life to live in this mode. [Strike]If[/strike] When you are slain, your character is dead for good and becomes inaccessible, including weapons and armor equipped, along with anything else that may have bee in their inventory. Dead champions level 10 and up can be viewed in a “Hall of Fallen Heroes” which displays a model of the character at time of death, along with their gameplay statistics. Hardcore characters have a separate shared stash and pool of gold (as well as artisans) from softcore characters, and at least at launch will not be able to access the real-money auction house - only a hardcore exclusive gold auction house.

If you think you can endure the challenges posed by Hardcore, there are sure to be special achievements in store, as well as unique banner customization options.

Videos

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Vedder
Sef
Mrdude
Dhiloda
lolz

Community Site
Game Guide
DiabloFans
IncGamers
/r/Diablo
Diablowiki.net
Diablowiki.com
DiabloProgress (Diablo 3 Rankings)

Last edited by Ploid on Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:01 am 
STFU

cant see a lot of those images, but OMGIGOTFIRSTREPLYSUCKIT

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:48 am 
Random Man

CE unboxing
http://youtu.be/2RM5o5l_UsM

Sorry about the i.minus.com images. I have no idea why it don't work for you guys.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:45 am 
Geman Coast Guard

also preordered it etc
i wonder if it will arrive a day early...

Have a WHM in the RNG/DD party down in the line of fire to help keep them alive after Spear inevitably hits them because they're idiots with tiny attention spans.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:58 am 
Hexabox Aspirant

How is this official? WHO MADE IT OFFICIAL? :complain: AND WHATS WITH ALL THE DEAD IMAGES? :scream:

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:21 pm 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

Christ I hate unboxing videos.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:33 pm 
Hexabox Aspirant

They are a waste of space. Youtube needs to fight them.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:40 pm 
Random Man

Yep Witch Doctor will be my main for sure. Going all the way with it, it seems pretty darn close to bst.
http://youtu.be/bI9Ek_yLNEM Recent vid showing the complete witch doctor.

Big toad, and the giant summon will be in my arsenal. Also looks like he has a hide ability. So good.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:56 pm 
STFU

I think after being a mage for pretty much my whole ffxi career, im going melee style in diablo 3 and ffxiv

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:02 pm 
Random Man

I think this was Knyghtmare's thinking when he had to reboot. Melee is fun stuff, but mage in this game looks pretty pimp. I guess Witch Doctor is mage like but I was rdm in FFXI. I like be in and out of the action depending on how I feel. So BST or pet jobs is what I like.

Looky here.

Quote:
In celebration of a successful beta test, all players who were invited to participate in the Diablo III closed beta will receive the commemorative Feat of Strength, "One of the Chosen." For eligible players, this feat will appear automatically in the Feat of Strength list after logging in for the first time as well as unlock a unique sigil that can be used on character banners.

In order to be eligible for "One of the Chosen," you must have had a Diablo III closed beta license attached to your Battle.net account (it isn't necessary to have downloaded or logged into the beta itself). Please note that players who participated only in the Open Beta Weekend, but were not invited to the closed beta, will not receive this Feat of Strength.

Thank you once again to all of our beta participants. We look forward to seeing you in Sanctuary!

Ooh snap, I'm going to be unique.

Edit: Seriously what's up with you diablo players.

Quote:
Once again, Blizzard found a way to really piss the !@#$ off hardcore and die for collectors. Yeah you only see it if you inspect your profile but that's just the thing. I have bought 3 collectors, one for my friend and one to stay sealed forever and add to my Diablo 3 shrine and the other one to be used in D3.

I then bought The Book of Cain, The Collectors Guide not to actually use since their usually useless but to keep in my shrine.

And yet you guys found a way to instead brighten my 6 days to go but slap my in the face and shat right on my head.

Thanks Blizzard for ruining my day. I know a lot of people may not side with me on this but collecting is one my biggest enjoyments and you are not able to obtain this through money or anything. Being loyal and trying every day means nothing. Just randomly landing a key does.

Sad thing I even did a let's play through every class and spent days editing and days uploading and I again get spat in the face.

GG

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:21 pm 

I'm so happy he doesn't get it. That made my day.
And a diablo shrine? Seriously?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:33 pm 
Geman Coast Guard

gg blizzard fanboys

Have a WHM in the RNG/DD party down in the line of fire to help keep them alive after Spear inevitably hits them because they're idiots with tiny attention spans.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:50 pm 
Bitter Canadian

you guys are dicks
his shrine has suffered because of this outrage

I can see it in a month already, click on new posts and it'll be nothin' but diablo ;;
Try to make it look shitty and not fun so I don't get the urge to play with you guys??

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:37 pm 
Random Man

Still questioning if I'll like it. I suck at mouse accuracy, and a lot of clicking will hurt. Tried playing Starcraft 2 and I suck at it. At least I'll be able to play solo and not gimp groups if I'm that bad.

Diablo 3 Basics - Mob Affixes
http://youtu.be/0gBujYp421g

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:00 am 
Black Thumb

6 days, that is all

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:15 pm 
Doesn't work without batteries

I should probably pre-order this soon. Thought about getting the CE but it doesn't look like it is worth the price tag.

Also, I've been playing D2 since the recent ladder reset and it seems like a lot of those people are not very interested in D3.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:57 pm 
Random Man

And don't forget you can preload the game no matter if you're getting the digital version or physical disk.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can be extra prepared to face the forces of Hell by downloading the game ahead of time, even if you didn’t preorder a digital copy, using the links below. Just select your desired language and OS.

Windows
en-US
en-GB
en-SG
German
French
Spanish-ES
Spanish-MX
Italian
Polish
Taiwan Mandarin
Korean
Portugese

OS X
en-US
en-GB
en-SG
German
French

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:19 pm 
STFU

bc lets play ffxiv together?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:12 pm 
Random Man

Back by popular demand, another unboxing this time by Lutia.
http://youtu.be/LDDSUdDXOok

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:33 pm 

Don't be assholes if you find my girlfriend while playing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 475 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next