It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:19 pm 
Random Man

Quote:
The show is OVER as far as announcements and news goes. This is a 3 hour event spread out over 6 sessions in 2 days to allow for only 400 people at each session to prevent overcrowding. THERE IS NO MORE NEWS.

NEWS

- The 3rd Birthday will be on the PSP as well. Nomura's team will be working on it. FUCK YES!
- The Dissidia special download contents at the event is a Dissidia PSP Custom Theme.
- KINGDOM HEARTS coded (mobile) has a release window of Winter 2008.
- The FFXIII demo will be included in FFVIIACC, as will trailers for VersusXIII and AgitoXIII: http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/121...4.html?ref=rss
- There will also be a FFVIIACC PS3 bundle. The release will be in March 2009.
- FF AgitoXIII will also be released on the PSP, no release window. The 3rd Birthday PSP will be out in 2009.
- FF VersusXIII's trailer says "Playstation3 only Worldwide".
- Dissidia PSP bundle confirmed. Release date will be in Dec 2008.
- KH DS is "this winter" without the 2008, so maybe early 2009.
- KH PSP is 2009.
- VersusXIII with have a fashion collaboration with the ROEN fashion branding. The characters in the game will all be wearing ROEN fashion designs. Expensive taste!

Coverage from various JP blogs on the various games at the show:

Dissidia: Onion Knight is voiced by Jun Fukuyama, Cloud of Darkness is Masako Ikeda and Kefka is Shigeru Chiba. There appears to be a chessboard looking system, in the new trailer but it is unclear if this is an intermission mechanic between stages or if it is something similar to the Sphere and Licence grid systems. Might be more of the latter. Sephiroth is also seen in the realtime ingame engine for the first time. Golbez and Exdeath show up at the end and don't have any game or story scenes in the trailer. The demo on the show floor has Warrior of Light, Garland, Onion Knight, Tidus, Squall and Zidane as playable characters. When playing as Tidus, the Otherworld BGM is used. When you win a battle in Dissidia, you appear to gain equipment items, so although there is no equipment menu in the demo it's probably a part of the game.

The 3rd Birthday: The trailer starts with footage from both PE and PE2. There isn't much information on the actual trailer, so it's probably just CG footage from the wedding scene along with catch phrases and voice overs. It's the first trailer on the trailer reel, so maybe people just weren't paying much attention at first lol. It's definitely a continuation of PE and PE2 though, since the first two games are actually acknowledged in the trailer now.

Sigma Harmonics: Nothing new in the trailer, game's coming out this month anyway. The soundtrack (including Hirano Aya's theme song) will be out on 24th Sept for 2500yen.

FFVIIACC: 30 mins of new footage and other reedit/cleanups. I hate AC, so I'm not going to read what scenes are new or whatever. Don't really care, sorry. The only important thing is that it's going to come with the fucking FFXIII demo wooo yeaaaah lolz. The PS3 bundle should sell really well in Japan too.

KH Coded: This is a cellphone game which isn't being moved to DS or PSP at this time so I doubt anyone cares. Coming out in Winter 2008 for those in Japan who care.

KH DS: The biggest new part of the trailer is actual footage of the new 14th member of the OrgXIII. It's a girl named Shion (Xion? I dunno, these names suck), and she looks and sounds a lot like Kairi. Blahblahblah. The BGM used is The Other Promise. Coming this Winter.

KH PSP: Woo hoo! Something I care about at last! Aqua's voice actress should please fans of Crisis Core, since Toyoguchi voiced Cissine too! Awesome, I can't wait. The trailer seems to confirm that Snow White will also be in the game in addition to Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella. I love these oldschool Disney worlds, fuck yeah. The trailer ends with Aqua facing off with Maleficent in Dragon form. The BGM in the trailer is Fate of the Unknown. The demo had two chapters modes, the Terra one is set in Enchanted Kingdom (Sleeping Beauty?) while the Ventus chapter is Castle of Dreams (Cinderella?). The new enemies in BbS are called Unbirths. The Terra boss is Wheel Master, and the Ventus boss is Lucifer. Controls like KH on PS2 except with a power bar you can build up for specials. Seems pretty awesome, etc etc. I can't wait. 2009.

FFXIII: There was actual gameplay footage being shown outside of the trailer, and it's basically Lightning running around in a field. The design is said to be very much like FFXII but enhanced, which probably means it's wide open spaces and the camera is more of a third person camera rather than the fixed position overhead camera from FFX. There are NO battles in the footage, so this does not mean anything as far as encounters and battles go, just field stuff. The game also uses the 3D world a lot more naturally, like Lightning and her companions being able to jump twice their height, and there also appear to be a rolling move.

FFVersusXIII: The realtime footage shown is also test field movement footage. There's a scene outside the church, Olympus Collossium and a mountain path. Aside from the normal action movements, Versus also seems to have the Zero Shift ability from ZoE2, where you can jump and teleport forward quickly. Just like Nomura promised!

FFAgitoXIII: Another ambitious cellphone project that has been moved to the PSP. No cellphone or mobile info in sight, but it's for PSP now. The new trailer has more realtime footage and it looks much better than from last year apparently. The game is still the same as before, it's a school setting with themes of war and fantasy at the same time. Odin is shown in the trailer, and the game also seems to be going for a more action RPG system now instead of previously planned command based system. There've been speculation that this could very well be what S-E will use as their Monster Hunter Portable killer under the FFXIII branding now.

For the bold letters. WOO HOO! I like ffxii, man I hope this game is deep like ffxi but more awesome than ffxii. Dude Dude!!!

Last edited by Ploid on Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:06 pm 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

Meh, still crap on VII.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:20 pm 
Random Man

FFVIIACC is a blu ray directors cut of the Advent Children movie. Extra footage and reworked stuff. Still probably won't make it a good movie. The big thing here is Parasite Eve Third Birthday on PSP. Anything was better than cell phones. It's still on phones but psp is getting it's own version. I still don't have a psp so it's meh to me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:20 pm 

I was referring to any rumours of the remake.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:25 pm 
Random Man

Everyone in square is busy with FFXIII and other stuff. I could get the quotes but I'm darn lazy. They will have a time pushing out FF VS XIII even. FF7 remake is a loooong way off. It will happen (DS3? Wii2? PSP?), but we'll have to keep dreaming.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:19 am 
Keyboard Cowboy

Remake for the PS3 GAWD. Like tht teaser trailer they did. FFVII in ps3 graphics wud be fkn secksy!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:31 am 
Black Thumb

Wow, I loved FF12. I quit playing FFXI when it came out for like a month until I was such serious business that there was nothing that could possibly stop me. Gonna replay it again for sure.

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:58 am 
Keyboard Cowboy

I just need to beat Omega in XII. Done everything else pretty much. Got all best weapons (dagger was a bitch -.-) and killed Yiazmat in 2 tries. Would have done it in 1 go w.o leaving but I ran out of meds to un-petrify me :<

I really liked it tho. I need to make Up play it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:43 am 
Random Man

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Final Fantasy XIII

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:05 am 

DO. FUCKING. WANT.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:23 am 
Isabella's Mommy

ItsSeflol wrote:
DO. FUCKING. WANT.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:55 am 
Ice is strong against fire!!

Kariana wrote:
ItsSeflol wrote:
DO. FUCKING. WANT.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:13 am 
Random Man

Every ffxiii thread, I swear. Stinking trains, I hope you are proud Sef. Heathen :complain:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:05 am 

Plois wrote:
Mrdude wrote:
Kariana wrote:
ItsSeflol wrote:
DO. FUCKING. WANT.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:52 pm 
Black Thumb

/desire

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.