It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Killzone 2. Time to die!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:02 pm 
Random Man

Image GENERAL

Image First Person controls simulating real weight and heft heightening tactical approach. Every inch of the battlefield a gift.
Image Two games in one. Campaign mode and Competitive modes (Warzone/Skirmish) realised with exceptionally high standards.
Image 720p @ 30fps (also supports 1080i/1080p & SD).
Image No install.
Image Deferred rendering engine. Supports hundreds of lights in-view in contrast to other engines which have tens of light sources on an entire map.
Image Hit-response system. Combining motion captured animations with physics impulses creates death animations and hit responses with very
convincing weight and presence. Killzone 2 will bring this technique to the limelight.
Image Special FX Tall order of additional high end effects. Per Pixel Motion Blur across entire screen resolution. Advanced shadowing techniques.
MSAA. Noise filter. Volumetric clouds. Depth based color grading. Internal lens reflections. Normal mapping. Depth of field. Wind physics.
Particle physics(!) and other impressive niceties taking use of the PS3 hardware like no game before.
Image Advanced A.I. Face truly environment aware opponents who move and spread fast enveloping your position and flushing you out of hiding.
They respond and adapt quickly to shifting situations with a high sense of self preservation. Combined with tens of thousands of recorded combat
lines makes every encounter unique.
Image Art and Assets from people with backgrounds in engineering, aeronautics and industrial design.
Image 7.1 Uncompressed Native Surround Sound (up to four different filters per sound effect, distance to player, ray casting to mould reverbs, decays
and enveloping according to closed/open space).
Image Music by Joris de Man (KZ1, KZL), Live music for cutscenes (Abbey Road Studios), interactive music for gameplay. Standalone Soundtrack
release hinted at.
Image Over twenty on-foot weapons.
Image Sixaxis features including Sniper steadiness (holding your hands still will prevent shake).

Image CAMPAIGN

Image Story mode length ~10 Hours and ten levels.
Image Four difficulty settings. Hardest difficulty (no HUD) unlocked when storymode is completed once.
Image Vehicles. Tanks, turrets and more...
Image Cover System. Campaign mode (only) features a "lean and peek" cover system which allows the player to take cover and then pop out to
fire at enemies. The "lean and peek" mechanic stays in first person view at all times.
Image Campaign exclusive weapons. For obvious balance reasons...
Image Campaign exclusive Sixaxis functionality like twisting handles or placing bombs.
Image Boss fights as well as mini-bosses.
Image Intel and secrets to locate.

Image WARZONE | Online Multiplayer
Up to 32 Players

Warzone is not only the overall name for Killzone 2's online multiplayer mode, it's a feature that embed a variety of game types. It's all about
getting you into tailor built games and then keeping you there. Unlike other shooters, you don't exit a map in this title to change the gametype.
Warzone smoothly shifts between different goals of play within the very same fight. It may start out with bodycount but after a while you get
orders shouted at you to plant propaganda speakers in the oppositions area. If you succeed at this you might suddenly find yourself as the
assassination target of the opposing force. For each different gametype and objective thrown at you there's a point to obtain, the faction with the
most points in the end is declared victorious in the Warzone. Winners enjoy the sweet reward of a 50% XP bonus not to mention the glory. Matches
are therefor epic in size and dangerously addictive, you will wish for this to be the standard in all competitive games.

The competitive mode revolves around a deep class based system. As you earn XP and various ribbons, more and more classes and abilities as
well as weapons gets unlocked for you to use. Each class has both a primary ability as well as a secondary ability (refered to as badges
within the game). When you have two or more classes at your disposal you may choose to combine them into a hybrid class. For example, an
Engineers primary badge ability is to deploy automated Turret stations that pepper the enemy with lead. At the same time you wish to directly aid
your team mates. A good choice then would be the Medics secondary badge ability which is throwing health packs (bags of blood). By
combining these skillsets you now create yourself a new hybrid class which is the Engineer Medic. Within a team you may also set up Squads
consisiting of four players. HUD indicators will pop up showing the status of those team members and you may converse with them freely for better
on-foot planning.

In Killzone 2's online multiplayer you can quickly choose to join the battles your friends are fighting, there's no down time. Speaking of friends, Killzone 2
delivers the most hefty and in-depth clan and tournament geared competitive mode in any console game. Clans support up to 64 members (that means
up to four full teams under one roof). The game comes with a fully built in tournament system, there's no need to artificially arrange this outside of the
game as it's hard coded straight into the experience. You may also arrange matches via Killzone.com. Any tournament ladder may support as many as
128 clans at anytime. Each new clan starts out with 100 Valor points. Before each clan match you may bet Valor points on your team. The winner takes
all robbing the competition of theirs. If you think multiplayer wins and losses in other shooters have been an emotional affair you haven't seen anything
yet. Online drama in Killzone 2 will reach new heights, ultra sweet victories and truly bitter tear defeats. Your honor is at stake. This is all on top of the
downright brilliant gameplay and audiovisual feast that Killzone 2 delivers, the game will leave a hefty footprint in the competitive landscape.

Image SKIRMISH

For players who aren't interested in competing with other players or for folks without an online connection. Same feature set as Warzone
(minus community aspect). Supports 1 player and up to 15 A.I controlled Bots that uses the same abilities a human player enjoys. Bots
can be set to four different difficulty settings. Just like Warzone mode you will grow in rank over time earning new classes, weapons
and abilities. If your Warzone (online) rank is higher the Skirmish (offline) rank will be updated to that level of progress (but not visa versa).

Image TO SUM IT UP

Image WARZONE
    Dynamically changing gametypes/objectives during matches without the need to exit.

Image 5 GAMEPLAY TYPES
    Image Assassination (kill or defend specific player target).
    Image Bodycount (team deathmatch).
    Image Search and Retrieve (find and place propaganda speaker).
    Image Search and Destroy (C4 a communication device).
    Image Capture and Hold (claim territories).

Image CLANS
    Each clan supports up to 64 members which is four full teams.

Image Valor Points
    Each clan starts out with 100 valor points. These are permanent across all games. Do you feel lucky?
    Bet a high amount of valor points on your team prior to a match. Winner takes all. Online drama.

Image Tournaments
    Built in toolset that supports 128 clans per ladder, tournaments started by individual users. Clan can
    only be active in one tournament at a time.

Image Squads
    Create squads when in a game for up to four players. Better communication as well HUD
    indicators showing their status.

Image Bots
    Not enough players? You only want to play with close friends? Add A.I controlled bots to online
    matches. Takes use of the same abilities a human player enjoys and comes with four difficulty
    settings.

Image Rewards
    Winners get 50% XP Bonus. Leveling up earns you new classes and weapons. Earn ribbons through
    various feats. A collection of ribbons earns you secondary abilities and weapons. You only get rewards
    for actions against human players, bots are not included.

Image 32 Players
    Dedicated Servers. Both Worldwide & Regional play options.

Image 8 Maps
    There are eight of them.

Image XMB music plugin
    Custom music in multiplayer.

Image Killzone.com

Image CLASSES

6 classes with a primary badge ability and a secondary badge ability each (+ Rifleman base class).
You can combine a primary badge ability and a secondary badge ability to create a hybrid class.
The classes are:

The default multiplayer character is assigned when no primary badge is selected. A secondary
badge may still be added. Riflemen can start with most weapons, except for the specialized ones.

Primary badge ability: Revives downed team mates.
Secondary badge ability: Throws a health pack, which can be picked up by other players.

Primary badge ability: Sets up an automated turret which targets the enemy.
Secondary badge ability: Repairs ammunition dispensers, mounted guns, and automated turrets.

Primary badge ability: Throws a coloured smoke grenade, which serves as a spawn point.
Secondary badge ability: Requests air support from a sentry bot which targets the enemy.

Primary badge ability: Dons heavy armour twice as strong as normal.
Secondary badge ability: Temporarily boosts running speed.

Primary badge ability: Assumes the disguise of a randomly selected enemy player.
Secondary badge ability: Throws a sticky, proximity-activated C-4 charge.

Primary badge ability: Uses a cloaking suit to become near-invisible.
Secondary badge ability: Tags all on-screen enemy players with a hidden marker, which
broadcasts their coordinates to team mates.

*Some of these classes enjoy specialized weapons.

Video demonstration of the classes.
Badge system part 1
Badge system part 2
Other mp stuffs
Bots
Multiplayer demonstration

Image SCREENSHOTS

ImageImage
ImageImage

Killzone2 PS3 Theme

See you in the Warzone.

Last edited by Ploid on Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:06 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:11 pm 
Black Thumb

hawt

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:14 pm 
Random Man

Also NDA is in full force on this one, so getting much other than :mrgreen: and :o emoticons is hard. But other people on the internet go anon and post youtubes, pictures on tinypic, and such.

Last edited by Ploid on Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:16 pm 
Black Thumb

the maps look great

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:18 pm 
Random Man

Another tidbit, when you get shotdown you reach out to teammates to revive you. If they don't you respawn at the respawn spot. If you get revived you can continue where you are. A class can lay down spawn points with smoke (like engineer with the warp portals in TF2, but without all the building two machines, and walking over to the warp from the stationary spawn points).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:19 pm 
Black Thumb

I am looking forward to this^^

In an unrelated story, how do you get your sig to change everytime I refresh the page? I want 4 tags ;<

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:22 pm 
lolmithrapld

:mrgreen: :fag: :popcorn: :cat: :bowdown:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:30 pm 
Random Man

ImageRotate.com You upload your sigs on that and control the ratio in which the ones you want to reoccur.

Tyriac does those smilies mean that your husband got in the beta? D:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:33 pm 
Black Thumb

ty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:35 pm 
lolmithrapld

Ploid wrote:
Tyriac does those smilies mean that your husband got in the beta? D:

(May) (Bee)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:06 pm 
Random Man

Euros get everything :o

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:21 pm 
Random Man

More killzone stuff. It looks like clans bet points, and such for rank.

FFObsessed"[quote="Wollan wrote:
TTP wrote:
I have sent a request to Guerrilla Games clan last Saturday for a match to take place on Sunday at 16:00 PM. I did bet 20 Value Points. They never replied. We got our 20 VP back.

The DoA guys seems pretty busy. I spot at least a couple of them in every match. We might try with those. Albeit we will be probably suffer major damage Image

Any preferred day/time I should set a clan match for?

BTW, this in-game clan matchmaking thing is awesome.

I say we bet a 100 against the first clan. All or nothing, beta doesn't last forever.

But then if we lose the first one we can't play again! I say we make it interesting with a 60 first, then if we lose we can still have a couple more games at 20.

If we win one then we can strap on a pair and go all in!

"ya feelin' lucky punk?"[/quote]

New video http://www.vimeo.com/1822047 (I just looked at it. Beautiful

More as I did through this.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:19 pm 
Random Man

New KZ 2 beta videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4aP19jQzVE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyvxZN40KOY

http://gostv.blip.tv/file/1310407/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:20 pm 
Black Thumb

hawt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:25 pm 
Random Man

Helgast medic. Check out the blood bags.

MEDIC!

Oh btw, this is a strong NDA. People that leaked images, and video that can be traced to their accounts have been banned from PSN. Their whole PS3, so it's pretty much useless to them now unless they don't plan on using PSN on it... yea no weekly PSN games or stuff. Gimped PS3.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:56 am 
Random Man

More leaks

Edit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:14 am 
Random Man

The USA Killzone 2 beta is sharable D: I has it!!! Peew peew peew!!!

If I get another code I'll make a new account, and share it with 5 eden members + Sef if he's into these types of games. I know Oraphin is.

Video. Look at the dust kick up around 0:36. Now imagine it in HD. Yea
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/user ... 76902.html

Sniper class/badge gameplay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU0RbaxzeVU

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:55 pm 
Keyboard Cowboy

sweet ^^

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:17 pm 
K-Fed Stunt Double

Hmmmmmmm........ I want this... Do the guns have kickback like in rainbow 6 vegas? If not 'tis lame.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:37 pm 
Random Man

Yea they kick back (? do you mean recoil?). The guns are heavy and show that they actually have weight to them. If you spin the screen the gun will sink in the opposite direction as if you're turning your body with a heavy object. If you jump the gun isn't locked down and move as if a soldier is jumping with something heavy. Look at the videos and pay attention to the guns. I love the way they move.

On and not to mention the reloading. Very nice animation.

Also when a round is over and you switch to a new game type, you don't exit the game you continue to play and orders are barked at the group. He'd say something like, "we failed to prevent the helgian forces from destroying the tower! You are now the target, stay alive!" So it went from defend, to deathmatch. It's slick and everything flows well. The action never stops and the guy on the radio keeps motivating you to win (not repetitive but in a way that makes you think you should be proud to fight for the army or something).