It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 905 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 46  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:09 pm 
Random Man

Dang look at this. Two dudes playing Uncharted 2. Looks so good.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:00 pm 
Cock atrice

Game looks slick, I like playing coop-adventure games... although I'm assuming the whole game is coop and not just team-based deathmatch.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:48 pm 
Cock atrice

For those with Xbox Live and have been seeing the new "South Park: Tower Defense" game, save your money. I downloaded the trial the other day and the game is pretty terrible, at least for $10. It seems like a cheap, South Park-themed version of the tower defense game for Warcraft 3 where you have to build defenses to stop hordes of enemies.

I'm not sure if Wc3 originated this concept but they definitely do it better, especially for a custom-type game within a RTS. I don't think South-Park games have been any good since the first-person shooter for Nintendo 64, although the Chef's LuvShack game was pretty interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:06 pm 
Random Man

This could be one of the best games I played in a long time. I don't think I've ever been so terrified in a game before either. There's this one location in a prison and these Soul Flayer type mobs that can really jack you up. They ring a bell and when I hear it I start to panic (because they're within sound distance lol, that and the fact that they're out there and I can't see them).

Anyway, fixed up some cool weapons, and gots me some new gear friday. Demon's weekend is in full effect, more loot to obtain. They need to make more games like this. The fact that I can lose all of my exp+money any minute (if I'm careless, or if I lose to a powerful demon) keeps me on the edge of my seat.

Oh I got invaded yesterday while I was minding my business. I kept running from the dude (I'm a speedy character) but his darn heavy slow weapon managed to have enough reach to slice my back open 2 times, enough to kill my old light armor self. That's why I looked for new armor and weapons. It was about time I did so. Hope I'm ready for the next time, I need to start playing with the other people more often. I was such a noob running away and not getting any backup people to help me out.

Oh the sword has a special effect of increasing drop rates.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:45 pm 
Black Thumb

Heard that before about some knives and gloves somewhere.

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:00 pm 
Random Man

hah yea. This doubles drops (not 0.1% more drops), but the catch is that it's just the drops that doubles. It don't make rare items have a better chance of showing up over the common stuff, but at least things drop even junk a lot more. They actually explained how the drops work, no "it's best to have it as a mystery" stuff from SE.

I'm still pissed at TH and how they won't say anything about it. Screw SE!

Luck:
Luck influences item Occurrence and Plague Resistance. Item Occurrence influences the drop rates of various items that can be gained by killing enemies. Your drop rate doubles from luck 0 to luck 30. Drop rates at luck 99 are three to five times luck 0 rates.

As your World Tendency darkens towards Pure Black, you will also find your drop rates increase. Equipping a Large Sword of Searching (the sword in the pictures) doubles base item drop rates, too. That said, the Large Sword of Searching effect dosen't stack with itself (i.e., you can't equip two for double the bonus).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:44 pm 
Random Man

Quick look of Demon's Souls (a few dudes playing DS like that Uncharted video I posted up top). Wow these guys don't know how to play.
http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-dem ... s/17-1485/

20 minutes of Brutal Legend (Jack Black game) <this game coming out soon. PS3 & Xbox
http://www.giantbomb.com/twenty-more-mi ... d/17-1081/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:50 am 
Random Man

Ok I got Uncharted 2 today and this game is like a blockbuster movie with a huge budget. The graphics are insanely detailed and colorful, the music is very nice as well. This game is like eyecandy though. So many colors, so much detail. I was planning to take more pictures but my battery ran low. It seem like they went to far, crap. And the gameplay is smooth so far, not too hard yet (picked hard mode).

I really hate the new ps3 box template. Suxsuxsuxsux.
Image Image

Last edited by Ploid on Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:09 pm 
Cock atrice

Dynasty Warriors Strike Force
http://tgs.gamespot.com/story/6228876/dynasty-warriors-strike-force-hands-on

A new dynasty warriors game is coming out next year and I'm looking forward to it. Its for PS3+360 and 4player coop/versus (separate servers of course). I've only played like 2 dynasty warrior games and even tho the concept was pretty basic (beat-em-up/hack'nslash) it still kept my attention. Apparently this one will have some RPG elements to it as far as customizing your character and a leveleing system.

Supposedly there will be a lot of downloadable content and a lot of different characters to choose from. From looking at the video, the action/moves seem over-the-top, which is a good thing. I look forward to new releases about this game.

Video:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-09-dynasty-warriors/56705

2010 Release Date

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:53 pm 
Random Man

After all these years I have never played a DW game. Well unless that Gundam DW twist demo count. I've been meaning to get one (probably DW3) but I kept putting it off. Hope it turns out to be amazing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:27 pm 
Cock atrice

lol I was hooked on that gundam DW demo. But yeah the gameplay in most DWs are similar to that demo. I'm just looking for a good co-op action game. So far DW: Strikeforce, Call of Duty: MW2, and Lost Planet 2 all look good to me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:26 pm 
Random Man

Got my first Platinum. Only wanted it for the perks. Platinum only skins, and extra money!

Gogo Marco Polo
ImageImage

Edit: I used the Crushing glitch and the youtube on where to find the treasures. I would have never found those treasures otherwise I'm sure. Especially the ones hidden far up in decorations. Like the end of Heart of Ice. Crushing would have probably just taken me a lot longer to finish. Like 7 months later due to loss of interest or in other words I would have never finished it (still haven't finished all of the tickets in Motorstorm PR because I can't get all gold in rank8). I doubt I'll chase after trophies again, unless again there's something good unlocked for it. Empty trophies are worthless.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:07 pm 
Black Thumb

What game is that? It looks sick.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:02 pm 
Random Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:54 am 
Black Thumb

Oh snap, I may have to pick that up after all.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:48 am 
Random Man

What do you guys think about Dragon Age? I'm looking at people play it in a competition at http://www.wardensquest.com/main and it looks like offline ffxi (in gameplay), or the next step in ffxi (also just gameplay). I saw them fight a dragon the size of tiamat, and do some kind of dynamis fight where they had to use a dog to pull with npc's and the rest of the party waiting at a safe spot. I'm going all in with this. Looks like you have to pause the game a lot like Baldurs gate 2 (this games predecessor of sorts).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsJzYHZbU-E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e46Z7iFljk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1VBRe3XTYk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ-oDGcykuw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:35 pm 
Random Man

Oh Canada...

http://www.thestar.com/article/611472
Quote:
New Quebec law turns Lara Croft into francophone

Sale of English-only video games prohibited if French version exists

Apr 01, 2009 04:30 AM

ANDREW CHUNG
QUEBEC BUREAU CHIEF
MONTREAL – In Lara Croft's latest action adventure, part of the wildly popular Tomb Raider video game series, the lithe heroine can demand of her evil doppelganger either, "What the hell are you?" or, "Qu'est-ce que tu es, exactement?"

And that's exactly the way Quebec wants it, from now on. French language rules on video games come into force today prohibiting the sale of new English-only video games in Quebec if a French version is available.

It's causing a lot of consternation among retailers and gamers alike, who fear the rules will lead to delays in video games arriving in the province, and may not accomplish what the law intends, which is to promote and protect the French language.

Ronnie Rondeau, co-owner of the eight Game Buzz stores around Montreal, said he even fears bankruptcy.

"I'm afraid it's going to cost me my business," Rondeau said. "If it really was going to make a difference, I'd be for it, but only a small number of people want to play in French. The rest don't care.

"And money-wise, it's going to hurt."

Rondeau said gamers are notorious for wanting new games the minute they come out. It's why he has had numerous midnight sales with lines stretching around the block.

It's why he even carries Japanese games that won't be available in English for months.

If there's a delay of even a few days, they'll find other options, such as buying online or across the border.

Raffy Boudjikanian, who writes a gaming column for the West Island Chronicle, agrees. "Why am I going to wait for five more months when the next big game is right there in Plattsburg?"

Rondeau cites the example of the popular Rockband game. The distributor didn't ship the English-only version for the Christmas rush, and a French version didn't arrive for six weeks.

Delays can happen because translation can lead to game "bugs," such as text not fitting into graphic boxes on screen, said Haig James Toutikian, a professional Montreal game designer, who has dealt with such bugs, which can cause a game to underperform.

"I know how much of a pain they can be," Toutikian said.

"They take up a lot of bug-tracking time."

Toutikian, who said he has friends who learned English playing video games, added, "I don't think it will encourage people to buy the French version."

In the past, technical aspects, such as different game console versions sold in North America versus Europe, prevented even games released in France from appearing in Quebec. The result was that Quebec had mostly English games available.

The gaming industry adopted deadlines to comply with the province's language charter and the "language police," the Office québécois de la langue française.

Danielle Parr, executive director of the Entertainment Software Association of Canada, said that because of the population size, it's possible a game publisher will decide it's too costly to release a French version for Quebec even if it has one for France, thus depriving the province of its game in either language.

But overall, she said, "they will see more games available in French. And that's good news."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:56 pm 
Bitter Canadian

Wish Quebec separated when Chretien was around :plain:
They will fine business owners if they put an English sign in the window that is larger than the French sign that they are forced to have up.
It's like a retarded kind of backwards racism but they can get away with it because it's "protecting their cultural heritage".
in closing...
fuck quebec!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:35 am 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

LOL

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:47 pm 
Gender Illusionist

ItsSeflol wrote:
LOLKANADA

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 905 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 46  Next