It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 3:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Fallout 3
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:53 am 
Not really long

Iticus wrote:
I got myself a gamefly membership last month since I don't have time for ffxi lately. I ordered and beat mass effect. Just got kane and lynch last week, I havnt played it yet. Should I get this game next? I'm not a really big game buff when it comes to seeing what's coming out. I like fps, sports, action/puzzle(resident evil type shit), driving games and some rpg games as long as they aren't all cartoony like blue dragon and shit.

Give me some recommendations! Oh, xbox360 onry

Gears of War2, out on friday ^^b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:37 pm 
Random Man

Fallout 3 is a success!

Quote:
ROCKVILLE, Md., Nov. 6 /PRNewswire/ -- Bethesda Softworks(R), a ZeniMax Media company, announced that its hit title, Fallout(R) 3 has enjoyed record sales at launch, reflecting the huge consumer demand for the game. Approximately 4.7 million units of Fallout 3 were shipped worldwide last week for the Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION(R)3 computer entertainment system, and Games for Windows(R) representing retail sales in excess of $300 million.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:13 pm 
Black Thumb

so buy it?

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:38 pm 
Random Man

I'm not sure what you guys like, but you do play FFXI... I'd say rent, and if it clicks with you do what you feel is natural. It's open world like GTA, you can do random things, or stick with the main story and get randomly interrupted or sidetracked along the way. The sidetracks for me have been good sidetracks. There are uber armors, and hidden things like a UFO crash site (you get some alien weapon. I haven't found it yet but I will look for it now I guess).

The game is pure adventure, and I think it's better than the FF games that I have played. Yesterday I was talking with a computer and I convinced it to destroy itself lol (gogo chr actually being useful). Also I was given a the fate of the world is in your hands choice. Either kill my minority friends which have more bad people in their group than good, or watch as the world is burned and die out with hope of another way to save us all. It feels like my choices are effecting everything, and usually it's not a clear and cut choice.

Everything you do seems to effect things. The way people see you, the options you have, the friends you make. I still dont have that dog and I feel I'm near the end of the game. I never blew up megaton (the city), and I haven't disarmed the bomb. I'm doing things my own way it seem. The game is awesome, and I would definitely play it again, maybe be evil, be a scientist type, a melee heavy dude, or whatever. You can't be everything, the game only lets you exp up to level 20 or 30. There are a ton of perks, skills, and abilities. You can only pick so many and it allows a great diversity of character builds. Did I mention the game is awesome?

So far the flashiest loot I have found was a Tesla Power armor. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iMOrXxyCsM

Oh also, don't go into this game treating it as a FPS. The VATs system (the thing where you stop the action and choose where to hit opponents) is very useful, and needed in most cases. I don't know how it controls with a mouse and keyboard, but the sensitivity with a control is a bit jumpy. I don't like trying to play it like a main FPS game. Think about how oblivion is with spells that shoot at enemies. That's pretty much how guns are with Fallout 3. To explain it, it's hard to be accurate. Also the game determines if you hit or miss anyway based on your skills and equipment (like a war hitting stuff in ffxi). This is a rpg in first person (or 3rd if you pick the crappy 3rd person camera).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:07 pm 
Norwegian Bombshell

also one gets to have a dog follow u around :cat:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:12 pm 
Random Man

Fallout 3 Pros+Cons youtube vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL_HHPPaeSo&NR=1

I pretty much agree with this video. There was one annoying character that I agreed to help get to some city. I let him know he was annoying (he was meant to be annoying) and he shut up. But then I somehow let him die as I was trying to survive myself.

I don't have a dog yet. I saw that you can charm beasts to help you fight. I might look into that next play.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:36 am 
Random Man

Still don't know if you should experience Fallout 3 first hand? Let me spit some game at you!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:35 am 
Back Sheep

DO WANT

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:36 pm 
Random Man

Well I beat the game, I think lol. The ending wasn't anything special, but I guess they had to make it like this due to the possibilities of how your story ends. Although I would like to play through it again, I'm full enough to wait until another date.

Burp.

-con bad ending/reward