It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Guild Wars 2
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:59 pm 
Cock atrice

It's all good, I've been playing my share of Halo 4. Not to mention my buddies are pressuring me to get Black Ops 2. If anything we all can just pick out a time during the week to group up for these things. I'll be on for at least an hour or so each night most likely playing my Engineer if no one is around. After doing a dungeon with him, it feels like I still have a lot to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:58 pm 
Cock atrice

More info:
http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/basics/complete-guide-fractals-mists#.UKT2QkeP4Po.reddit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:30 am 
Random Man

Nice new stuff!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:50 pm 
Cock atrice

I'm Fractal level 2, Dhil how high did you get? Also ploid, the 3 of us gotta grouppppppp!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:02 am 
Doesn't work without batteries

I'm only 2 despite finishing like 9 areas. Had some crap luck with groups finishing 2 areas and then people leaving or d/cing before we could finish the 3rd. I need to get some dungeons in before the month ends, though. Monthly achievement rewards are too good to pass up usually.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:18 pm 
Cock atrice

Patch coming January 28th :yes:

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/guild-wars-2-january-patch/

Quote:
We have an official preview of the Guild Wars 2 January patch, which is entitled Flame and Frost: Prelude, and ArenaNet’s Colin Johanson has been busy performing interviews and livestreams to give fans the skinny on the latest developments. There are bits of information oozing out of all corners of the internet, but we’ve done our best to summarize the important pieces below.

On January 28, the Flame & Frost: Prelude update will go live for Guild Wars 2. This prologue will begin a multi-stage story that will be told over the coming months and it’s possible that another elder dragon is stirring up trouble:

“The sky falls and the ground shakes in the lands of the north. Charr and norn refugees crawl from the wreckage of their homes in the Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau, struggling to find shelter in the south. The call goes out for volunteers to assist the victims in this time of need, when earth and sky seem to have become the enemy…”

We’re getting a new currency in the January patch, which will be used to purchase a variety of different items. Laurels (renamed from crowns) will be earned for completing daily and monthly achievements and can be used to purchase a variety of different items: ascended gear (30 new amulets), 5 new utility infusions, Endless Mystery Cat Tonic, unidentified dyes, and WvW items. Laurels can also be used to purchase mini pets including the new posh feline, Chauncey von Snuffles III. Someone at ArenaNet really likes cats.

To make it more fun to earn your laurels, the daily achievements will rotate and change each day to encourage you to explore the open world. An achievement tracker has been added to the UI to make things even easier and eventually we’ll have the option to complete only a subset of the achievements and still fill our daily quota. This will allow them to add achievements for things like completing jumping puzzles or compete in the Keg Brawl mini-game.

The gem store will be stocked with new items including riding brooms, a revamped Box o’ Fun, and Baby Quaggan Backpacks. Nothing says “Fear me!” better than a plush anthropomorphic manatee strapped to your back!

From January 28 through February 4, there will be a special Temple of the Silent Storm week for structured PvP. The regular tournaments will be replaced by two-team/single-round paid tournaments in the Temple of the Silent Storm map. After the special week is over, the kodan-themed map will finally be added to the normal tournament rotation.

The culling issue (a.k.a. invisible army), which plagues World vs. World, is also going to be improved on January 28. Low resolution character models will draw instantly on the screen with the higher polygon versions filling in a few seconds later. They will continue to make improvements to this issue with subsequent game updates.

Mr. Johanson also chimed in regarding the much-discussed legendary precursor weapons. In the short term, they will be adding new ways to find them, albeit with extremely rare drop rates. The long term plan is to have a long scavenger hunt quest that rewards them, but this is currently a ways off.

Last but not least, guesting will finally make it into the game as we reported on last week.

Colin touches on many other topics during these interviews and with that I give you, The Johanson Lightning Round:

Log-in rates have been slowly increasing every week for the past 5 weeks.
He believes that GW2 is the fastest-selling MMO to reach 3 million copies sold. (Not including China)
Human is the most popular race and Charr is the least.
Working on new progression paths for World vs. World.
WvW recognition: Titles, WvW abilities, Stand out to enemy servers
Guesting was delayed because they kept finding last minute game-breaking bugs.
Fixing loot so you have a chance to acquire level 80 items in any zone.
They want to thin out monsters in Orr and add a few non-contested waypoints to make it easier to get around.
New rewards coming to Orr and revamped temple boss encounters.
Not working on Guild Halls, but will do them at some point in the future.
New playable races are possible for expansions.
Preview links for other armor classes coming back in January update.
Previews for trading post items being worked on still for the future.
Open worlds is the focus for now. Instanced raids not currently planned.
Veterans, champions, and bosses will be made more exciting and rewarding.

It looks like the Guild Wars 2 January patch (and beyond) is chock-full of things to be excited about. What are you most looking forward to? Let us know in the comments section below.

Looks like I'll be playing my guardian more!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:53 pm 

Taking a semi-break from GW2 what with the PoE beta just starting. Might not log-in for a few days, but I'll be back for this patch.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:34 pm 
Cock atrice

Dhiloda wrote:
Taking a semi-break from GW2 what with the PoE beta just starting. Might not log-in for a few days, but I'll be back for this patch.

It's all good, I've been on/off myself with all these damn Steam sales. I have Torchlight 2 which I've barely started and was dangerously close to buying Borderlands 2 for $30. Also still playing Walking Dead and Persona 4 Arena on the 360.. so many games :hahaimusingtheinternet:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:37 pm 
Random Man

So, they're nerfing Necro back, people can't take the shame of losing to a necro. That's like allowing a woman to get equal pay or something.

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2guru/b/425001837
(The main part about the necro starts at around 32:34)

I shall start working on Mesmer or push up Guardian until the results of the nerf. Yep, time to make that mesmer anyway, Necro was interesting, the pets are blah. Fear my image army! Wonder if I should finally make a Char.... naah, I hate that char city worse than I hate Windurst. Bastok (human all the way. Maybe plant person. My lore skills is showing. I never pay attention to the story anymore. I started to on thief (first time playing), but I dropped paying attention fast when there was a bug that never let me beat a mission then I did it again the next day with Dion. It was like groundhog day.

I spent so much gold on this Necro, the thing is necro has it tough, they have no way to escape like everyone else. If they are about to get owned they are screwed, they can't get healed if they are in death shroud mode (their F1), so when they get out or when it drops they can be caught easily (when in death shroud mode you trade your HP for the death shroud's bar which ticks down pretty fast). Couple that with no good way of getting out of trouble, or escaping you are pretty much a sitting duck. I suppose fear is suppose to buy you some time, the mobs in PVE usually ignore my fears and it last like a second.

Edit: Holy crap!

Tthis website uses the API released to show all active events on a nice world map.

http://gw2hero.com/stormbluff-isle (sub the end with the name of the server you are using)

The numbers visible while zoomed out correspond to how many events there are in that area. Clicking an event will take you to the wiki page for that event.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:19 am 

Necro nerf already? I was deciding between doing a necro or an engi next. Made an engi today but didn't even get a level. It was fun but had some wvw to do on my Guard. Really only wvw interests me now as I've been through most pve areas multiple times and done most of the pve dungeons.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:20 am 
Random Man

OMG Dhil

How can I sell this thing? Is there a trade system in this game even? Just in case I'll be trying to save up at least 8gold. Is gold items even worth it when you do WvW stuff (wvw has it's own gear and no need for buying AH stuff right?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:35 am 

Ploid wrote:
(wvw has it's own gear and no need for buying AH stuff right?

You can work towards gear by doing wvw, but wvw doesn't have its own gear seperate from pve areas like pvp gear is seperate. Gear you use in pve is the same gear you can use in wvw, but there are lots of ways to obtain that gear. Dungeons, crafting, buying off the trading post, or using tokens earned in wvw + gold. Most of those ways require some amount of money to obtain. Dungeons being the exception.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:33 pm 
Random Man

Ok Dhil, I will sell it for the highest current offer on the AH. I have 3 gold, help me with 5 gold and I'll give you 5 extra gold for helping out (tax is 7g 80s iirc). I actually like going back to the city after doing stuff to check the AH. I'd have to go back for other stuff anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:22 pm 

Sent you the gold. Make sure your mail isn't full or it won't show up. Just delete a couple things if its full and it'll pop up.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:32 am 
Random Man

There is a new game in GW2 called Southsun Survival. It's awesome, it's like Battle Royale (or lolHunger Games). I had a blast messing around with it yesterday.

http://youtu.be/MQyA1gxJWN4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:14 pm 

I've heard good things, but haven't gotten around to trying it yet. Probably won't for a few days as I'm trying to finish leveling my necro. Level 60 so far, 40 from crafting and 20 from an exp scroll I got from the 5k achievement chest.

I'm going to get to 80 and not know how to play it at all. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:06 pm 
Random Man

I got Necro to 80 and now Mesmer to 60 mostly in the new area. The spawn champions give increasingly good exp, and there's hardly any waiting around for them to be ready to spawn. Just do a circle around the map spawning each of them except the flying bat guy. I'm surprised more people don't do it, though if there's a crowd the champion gets stronger. When that happens I just move on. The area caps you at 80, which seem like a rare thing for PVE, so you can exp off of those things non stop (though at a certain point they nerf the exp so you have to wait for about 20minutes).

I got two back pieces from that survival game. 3 gold each. The thing to do is to avoid people. When the game starts run south and collect the plants for rations/food. Food is king, it keeps you alive. The most important resource. Even weapons are just to kill for other people's rations, or sometimes defense so you can stay alive I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:15 pm 
Random Man

Saw this on the nets, found it funny. FFXIV looks rough.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:25 pm 

Idk, we'll see but imo GW2 is getting stale. I think a lot of people are just waiting for something new and gw2 isn't providing it. The next couple patches really need to be big hits rather then more of the lame, storyless Living Story bull.

I'm looking forward to some serious crafting in FFXIV. Gw2's is a joke.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:43 am 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

The crafting in 14 is pretty chill, it's fairly easy and they have some decent quests at 5 level increments. If you wanna rock a crafting class you should also look into a gathering class, for example mining can supplement goldsmithing. Do levequests for your crafting and it's pretty sweet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next