It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 905 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 46  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:51 am 
Random Man

Motarstawm (aka Motorstorm): Pacific Rift screen grabs with the print screen function. It's not like wipeout hd, there's no extra focus/lens effects added. Actually the blur effects, and such when you're racing isn't in the photos. And as always it's better in motion, and gifs.

Yes all over my face.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:46 pm 
Random Man

I really shouldn't have ordered this online. Amazon should learn to ship their stuff on time!

Quote:
What new online features do you have?

MotorStorm Pacific Rift has a wide range of new online features and improvements which will serve to make things more accessible and fun all. When designing the new online environment we decided to focus on three core areas:

Matchmaking

We wanted to ensure that players could find another game quickly, but also that once they got into a game they didn’t have to rely on the host to get the race started. There are two options when matchmaking: Ranked or Casual. Ranked pitches you against players of a similar skill level whilst Casual will put you up against anyone and everyone. Matchmaking will, quite simply, group players together who are looking for a game, pick a Ticket for them (a race setup) and get them into a race as quickly as possible. And don’t worry, if you don’t like the Ticket that is randomly chosen for you - it’s possible to veto it (if you get a majority vote).

Ranks

Competitive play is important online, as the best races are most often the closest. So by implementing a ranking system which grades players based upon how many players they have beat and been beaten by, it allows us in conjunction with the matchmaking to gather players of the same or similar ranking together to provide the fairest and most exciting possible racing experience. There is also a Ranked leaderboard which lists every player, showing who really is the best MotorStorm player in the world.

Groups

Playing online is always more fun with friends, and we wanted to make it as easy as possible to do so. We’ve done this through Groups; these are quite simply a way of keeping friends together. They are initiated by sending a friend an invite; when they accept they become part of your Group, and wherever you go they then go with you, until they decide to leave (or if you choose to kick them from your group). Groups can be up 12 players, but when playing Ranked it is only possible with groups of 4 or less.

On top of these 3 major improvements, we also made online play global, so that wherever you are in the world you can play against anyone else who happens to be online. There is now the ability to check and compare other player's statistics, side by side, and not just online statistics, either: this includes all the offline ones, too. We’ve improved the voice chat - not just in terms of general quality, but also the number of players that can talk simultaneously: in the lobby up to 8 players can talk at once, and during an event it's 4 - that's twice as many as in the original MotorStorm!

And on top of all this we have a range of online specific Trophies to try and unlock. We hope to see you all online for some brutal off-road racing!

Quote:
Is the SIXAXIS still supported?

One of the more advanced techniques in the game is the SIXAXIS tilt, you may find it essential if you’re going to win some of the more challenging races. Teetering precariously on two wheels? Quickly tilt the pad in the opposite direction to the roll and you’ll slam your wheels back on to the ground.

But that’s not all we’ve got for you. If you’re in the air and at a dodgy angle, you can rotate and twist your pad to try to give yourself a smoother landing. It’ll help maintain speed and potentially avoid a wreck.

And then, there’s also the actual SIXAXIS vehicle control. You can turn this on in the Options from the Main Menu by scrolling through the control layouts and selecting the one you want. This allows you to steer your vehicle by tilting your controller left or right, and alter its in-air pitch by rolling it towards or away from you. We found a really unusual range of players enjoyed using it on MotorStorm 1 – consider spending more time with it and you might find it suits you better.

Quote:
Have you changed the vehicle select?

MotorStorm Pacific Rift features a Garage. Within this garage you can check out all of your vehicles, even ‘play’ with them if you desire, but the key feature of the garage is the ability to set up your favourites. For each of the 8 vehicle classes you’re able to pick your favourite body shell and livery combination, so that prior to a race you’re able to select just the vehicle class and get straight into the action. No delays, no interruptions, just straight into the action.

However you may want to change your vehicle body shell and livery prior to a race and you still can. By pressing square on the vehicle class select you can quickly make adjustments, and if you wish view the vehicle in 3D within the garage as well. Once decided upon you can jump straight into the race, which will be faster than ever with our improved loading times.

We’ve tried to listen to all of the comments about vehicle selection from MotorStorm 1, whilst still delivering something new. Once again all feedback is welcomed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:56 pm 
Goblin Smithy

lol

the true story of six motherfuckin strangers bein put in a motherfuckin house and have their motherfuckin lives taped

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:26 pm 
Random Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:37 pm 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

om nom nom nom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:19 pm 
Random Man

Wee, finally! I hate snail mail.

This is like my 3rd ticket race in Motorstorm 2. I got pretty close to getting first place in the video. I stinking screwed up and flipped over near the end. I tried to ram the car but I guess, because I was a buggy, I had no real weight advantage over the rally car. Finally the weight class feature is playing a bigger role this game. Last game it was if you boosted into the back of a stronger weight class you'd damage or destroy yourself, and they'd be able to run all over you (man handle).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmJbYpizwoM

I need to find out how to upload HQ videos to youtube. These uploads are looking bad and I had this vid at 640x480 before the upload.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:00 pm 

Even though it's olde, I've had Twilight Princess for a while and it's friggin' awesome. >; A bit on the easy side but I'm at like 46 hours of gameplay or something and only just got to the last dungeon.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:25 pm 
Random Man

Suka and Killer didn't want to put Twilight P down when they got it. They didn't want it to end.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:16 am 

Wtf.
I beat Zelda, awesome game, awesome story, awesome fun, SHITTY FUCKING ENDING.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:15 am 
Random Man

Motorstorm Pacific Rift vids I made. The game is crack, and these first three vids are of me playing on levels I'm still not familiar with. The first vid is of me in my peak, ATV in Badlands: Wasted ticket. Pimp slapping foos.

Click image to view the vid.
Image Image Image Image Image

Last edited by Ploid on Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:41 pm 
Random Man

Finally got my R2 and LBP shipment.

My ultimate end of 08 gaming trio is now complete. I'm set for a while.

Faints.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:28 pm 

ItsSeflol wrote:
Wtf.
I beat Zelda, awesome game, awesome story, awesome fun, SHITTY FUCKING ENDING.

still mad abt dis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:31 pm 
Random Man

What was the ending? Zelda's don't seem to be about the story, but about the gameplay. That's your reward. Being able to play it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:56 am 

Twilight Princess had the story too, albeit not hardcore but it made you want to play the game even more.

SPOILAR
The end is basically, you kill Ganondorf and he loses his triforce and then dies. Midna finally returns to being a princess. Cut to the closing credits going through each of the levels. The last CS is Midna goes back into her world, says "Maybe we'll meet again." and then smashes the portal into pieces as she exits.
It's fucking heat.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:02 am 
Random Man

Oh man, I hate those kinds of endings.

"I'm going to totally destroy any way of us hanging out again, but I hope we meet somehow. Yea I know we just went through a lot saving the world and stuff. Yea I tried to kill you, and yea we turned out to be a awesome team, but I'm going to have to shut this portal and throw away the key."

Case in point, Dantae and Vergil. Brothers that were each other's throats in DMC3. Turned out to be a cool team, and Vergil was a beast to fight as. The result? No Vergil in DMC4 or more because he's locked away forever!!!

Kaise you must see this video!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ1vrLuJK64&fmt=18

MGS4 MGO
My Gal clan. It's funny and kewl don't close it out when you see the pink bunny XD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:13 pm 
Random Man

I need a clone. I got Dead Space, and Saints Row2 Saturday. Both are amazing games, Saints Row 2 is mindlblowingly sick (The true GTA:SA superior). Trouble is, I can barely play one of these games (Resistance 2, Little Big Planet, Motorstorm2, and the other stuff I recently got included). Gah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:14 am 
Random Man

Awesome is saints row 2. Saints row 2 is awesome. Man I love the distractions in this game. I'm getting beat down for rampages.

I made a vid but apparently I had the cam on mute.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:49 am 
Random Man

Oraphin! Uncharted 2 Image :boing:

Unfortunately (see what I did thar by mistake?) I'm not of a trophies guy. Even though the trophies in Uncharted unlock cool things in the game I only have around 6 of them. You seem to have them all.

Teaser Trailer of Uncharted 2 here. There's going to be a lot on this game at the Spike Channel Video Game Awards this year in December 14.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuj7eZzzIcI&fmt=18
better quality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuj7eZzzIcI&fmt=22

And about him having no coat and such in that weather.
Quote:
The tantric use of the phurba encompasses the curing of disease, exorcism, killing demons, meditation, consecrations (puja), and weather-making. The blade of the phuba is used for the destruction of demonic powers. The top end of the phurba is used by the tantrikas for blessings.

Need to bring that ting to mississippi.

This one will have free climbing, and some stealth. It sounds like more adventuring, and less emphasis on shooting every turn.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:05 pm 
Keyboard Cowboy

Ploid wrote:
Oraphin! Uncharted 2 Image :boing:

Unfortunately (see what I did thar by mistake?) I'm not of a trophies guy. Even though the trophies in Uncharted unlock cool things in the game I only have around 6 of them. You seem to have them all.

Teaser Trailer of Uncharted 2 here. There's going to be a lot on this game at the Spike Channel Video Game Awards this year in December 14.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuj7eZzzIcI&fmt=18
better quality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuj7eZzzIcI&fmt=22

And about him having no coat and such in that weather.
Quote:
The tantric use of the phurba encompasses the curing of disease, exorcism, killing demons, meditation, consecrations (puja), and weather-making. The blade of the phuba is used for the destruction of demonic powers. The top end of the phurba is used by the tantrikas for blessings.

Need to bring that ting to mississippi.

This one will have free climbing, and some stealth. It sounds like more adventuring, and less emphasis on shooting every turn.

Tht looks sweet. <3 Uncharted, I have all but 2 trophies, Platinum and beating it on Charted difficulty. I am about 1/2 way thru on Charted. It is a bitch, get shot in the face so fkn much for insta death. Tis fun tho, i'll pick it up again sometime to get the Platinum trophy ^.-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:48 am 
Goblin Smithy

when'd you get that issue? i recently re-registered and haven't got one back, i think the dood fucked up or something cause i got the same issue twice <_>

the true story of six motherfuckin strangers bein put in a motherfuckin house and have their motherfuckin lives taped

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 905 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 46  Next