It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Guild Wars 2
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:16 pm 
Random Man

Wow you're high level. That pic looks awesome.

Ploid.1056

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:30 pm 
Cock atrice

Dhiloda wrote:
I use the default, haven't changed a thing. Though I should change my steal (F1) to something closer to my asdw movement keys so I don't have to reach for it. Send me a message when you get going. I'm usually on more than Mrd or Dion though tonight I'll be out watching the Packer game with my dad since neither of us get NFL Network.

Rdrodriguez.3204 is my ID.

Also, Destroyer fight is way better than the dragon. More minions and running around the area. Dragon pretty much just sits there for you to wail on.

I just got Madden so my time between both is split! But I'm typically on each night for quite a bit. Hit me up: dion.5098. I'll be on tonight especially since I don't have NFL network either D:

I'll probably watch a stream of it on my laptop tho =o.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:17 pm 
Random Man

Taru Dark spotted!

It's sad that I forgot Dhil was from my social linkshell for a second. I moved to a server with a lot of people that persuaded me into playing ffxi are on.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:30 pm 
Bitter Canadian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwCWvn60L3w

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:45 am 
Random Man

Dis game

I feel guilty for not having to pay a fee to play. Though I haven't really tried the PVP and WvWvW stuff to see how much fun it'll be for me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:20 pm 
Random Man

How did you guys level up to 80? I went to the A.Catacombs spot and it's a lot of people lfp. I wasn't sure if I should try to do it since I think I'd just screw it up for people (not sure if I'd be able to be competent since I'm a noob). I think I'll go back to the Eden server since that guild I'm in is too big (they had to make a alt guild) and everytime I ask a question it's met with a "uh no..." type hipster answer as if I should have known (last question I asked is how was I supposed to respec. I asked if I should buy the book that cost a gold coin because the 10 silver book wasn't working).

Right now I just camp the yellow events and get 1k exp each time. It feels like it is moving slow and I have to spend up to 20copper to port to the spots fast enough. I keep the 25% movement speed talisman on all the time now.

P.S. I <3 THF

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:36 pm 
Cock atrice

Ploid wrote:
How did you guys level up to 80? I went to the A.Catacombs spot and it's a lot of people lfp. I wasn't sure if I should try to do it since I think I'd just screw it up for people (not sure if I'd be able to be competent since I'm a noob). I think I'll go back to the Eden server since that guild I'm in is too big (they had to make a alt guild) and everytime I ask a question it's met with a "uh no..." type hipster answer as if I should have known (last question I asked is how was I supposed to respec. I asked if I should buy the book that cost a gold coin because the 10 silver book wasn't working).

Right now I just camp the yellow events and get 1k exp each time. It feels like it is moving slow and I have to spend up to 20copper to port to the spots fast enough. I keep the 25% movement speed talisman on all the time now.

P.S. I <3 THF

I'm only level 50 but not really in a rush to the level cap. A. catacombs is REALLY challenging (you'll die a lot... no seriously a lot!), even on story mode, but it's a lot of fun if you're with people you know. I typically run dungeons with friends in my guild but i've done some with pugs; kinda hit or miss as with most games. For dungeons, you really gotta use teamwork, ie equip all your support moves that you'd figured you never use lol. Also, reviving teamates is the #1 priority. Survival > DPS.

For the most part, I've always advised people to focus on specific mobs using CTRL+T to mark a mob. It works for us for the most part. As far as leveling goes, I don't even notice the speed of it since I level half the time without trying. I make sure I 100% the zone I'm in before leaving, unless I'm helping someone else. If you need help or have nub questions, message us in guild chat =p

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:55 pm 
Doesn't work without batteries

Come over to Boralis Pass. Mrd's guild doesn't seem very active (maybe i'm just not on late enough).

As far as leveling "quick", events are good especially if you can get to events in areas 2-4 levels above you. Obviously, If you try this, look for events with lots of people. Crafting is also money. And I mean money for exp, not money for money. Making money with crafting kind of blows, though I've had a slightly better time of it on Boralis Pass rather than Emhray Bay.

edit: Also, I forgot to mention, clearing maps. Hearts can suck but the money adds up plus you get exp for every POI or Vista you find. Plus, when you 100% a zone you get items that you can use or sell and exp and money.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:06 pm 
Bitter Canadian

Just read something about FF14 cutting your gil by 10% or to 10% of it's current value, not sure which.
Soooo guild wars is worth playing???
I think I hate video games now...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:45 pm 
Random Man

GW2 seems very relaxed, it's like you have a big world to mess with. You can climb almost anything like a monkey, also the taru race > ffxi taru to me. So much personality in their animations. My next character will be that (asura?) race. There's no stress in playing this game, you can get stuff done on your own because there's most likely friendly people around to dynamically join your cause. There's no claiming mobs, everyone can share just about anything (parties are required for the dungeon thing I saw, it's a instanced zone. Also personal story missions are instanced).

At the moment if enough people aren't around for something risky I want to do I try to pick off mobs one at a time carefully and hope someone shows up before I tackle the big guy (high HP, damage and abilities).

The bad:
http://youtu.be/1WdxF1EmADM :(

The good:
http://youtu.be/Ax-_06Acj8Y

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:04 am 
Random Man

Wow, that Limbus type event was interesting. So pulling is what makes it manageable? There were so many adds and they had a good amount of hp. Maybe I should stock up on Bleed damage and duration stuff for my cluster bombs. It was fun, and even more because we don't have to wait 3 days, and spend tokens/1gold to do it again.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:22 pm 
Cock atrice

Referring to the dungeon? Yeah I love them because they're challenging. They're definitely not something you can just steamroll through. I've done that particular one 3 different times and I've had different group makeups and experiences each time. The first time we had something like warrior, guardian 2x, thief, necromancer and we were able to pull large groups and focus mobs down one at a time. I think the warrior buffs, guardian support, and necro units/support helped greatly with that.

The 2nd group, I believe it was guardian, mesmer, ranger, thf (5th guy disconnected), and we somehow got through it smoothly. The mesmer's clones sponged a lot of damage and I believe they can absorb damage you take as well, I'm not certain.

But our group last night, (guardian, engineer, thf, ranger) seeing how outnumbered we were, we definitely had to play more conservatively and pull 1 at a time lol. Just from my experience doing dungeons, you definitely have to take advantage of your moves that can debuff mobs but at the same time buff your teammates. You'll see how tricky things get once with try AC story/explore mode.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:31 pm 

you did a dungeon without me!? FU GAIZ! j/k I had work and logged around 9:30. No work tomorrow though so I could be on late unless I get caught up in Borderlands.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:29 pm 
Cock atrice

Dhiloda wrote:
you did a dungeon without me!? FU GAIZ! j/k I had work and logged around 9:30. No work tomorrow though so I could be on late unless I get caught up in Borderlands.

You were missed and we poured out a 40oz in your honor :beer:

We had to settle with some scrub elementalist that quit the group after I told him he had to run back after a wipe, instead of letting us run back and revive him. lol some people...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:08 pm 

wow... isn't it free in the dungeons? what a douche!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:08 pm 
Random Man

My armor broke 4 different times. I resorted to equipting armor I found during the run.

Reply to Dion:

I guess those thief abilities that give the party buffs and aoe cures aren't so useful as I thought. I'll unlock more of them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:31 pm 
Cock atrice

Ploid wrote:
My armor broke 4 different times. I resorted to equipting armor I found during the run.

Reply to Dion:

I guess those thief abilities that give the party buffs and aoe cures aren't so useful as I thought. I'll unlock more of them.

lol I had the same thought process when I did my first dungeon. I ran in there with my normal leveling "dps" abilities thinking I was hot shit, while sitting on like 20something skill points because I figured I had all the moves I wanted. I learned the hard way how wrong I was. After grabbing a lot of the party-type moves and switching my playstyle a bit, I became more of a helpful member of the group and the run became smoother.

I'm now a fan of thief's blinding abilities btw! Keeps my ass alive as a melee.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:59 pm 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

PLOIS WERE HAVING A PLEASANT CONVERSATION IN THE OTHER THREAD.

Jerk :(

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:54 am 
Random Man

dionious wrote:
Ploid wrote:

Reply to Dion:

lol I had the same thought process when I did my first dungeon. I ran in there with my normal leveling "dps" abilities thinking I was hot shit, while sitting on like 20something skill points because I figured I had all the moves I wanted. I learned the hard way how wrong I was. After grabbing a lot of the party-type moves and switching my playstyle a bit, I became more of a helpful member of the group and the run became smoother.

I'm now a fan of thief's blinding abilities btw! Keeps my ass alive as a melee.

I now use the blinding thing a lot solo, I can take on a lot of stuff 5 times above my level now. Also I made a typo. Those abilities aren't so useless as I thought, not they aren't as useful as I thought.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:16 am 
Random Man

Wow ok I didn't know this. So apparently that move I do have a constant blinding aoe and as long as I keep it up it keeps the mobs blind, that's why I can solo some crazy stuff meleeing I guess. I just need to gain 6 initiative points to use it again when the circle wear off. Ranged stuff that's not in the circle can still jack me up, and magic. Good thing thief hits fast. So I guess this is a type of blink style of soloing stuff D: THF/nin!!!!!!!!!!! No wonder I was loving it so much, a bit of dnc too with the life on hit and other tricks (haste).

Quote:
FOREVER BLIND MELEE ENEMIES AS A THIEF

Been using this since I was lvl 45 but Thieve's have a skill that can be repeated and pretty much blind almost everything around them permanently. Only thing you can die from is range and spells, and some skills that blind has no effect.

Long Sword (Main Hand) Pistol (Off hand)

The fifth skill is called Smoke powder which blinds everyone around you for a duration as long as they are touching that circle they get blinded, in order to save initial points just use your first attack number 1 and do 2 completely combo and then use smoke powder again, you will have enough initiative points to last forever. Even after the duration of the smoke powder wears off, they mobs are still blinded for their last attack, rinse and repeat. If you have problems with initiative points try using the signet that regens initiative points per 10 seconds, but I find that I never had to that signet. All other blinds I know of is a on next attack, I don't know if this is a exploit or not and of you are suppose to be able to repeat it over and over to pretty much permanent blind or not, but hope everyone finds it useful.

Dagger can be use as main hand also, only difference is that long sword attacks up to 3 people maybe more, and dagger only hits 1 mob. Also don't do more than 10 mobs. . . tried that a few times and some dont get blinded, probably because too crowded or too much information going on and some don't get blinded by it. Most i've done is probably 7, more than that and enemy attacks go through and i get killed. Works in pvp too, did it against a warrior and he couldnt attack me at all even with his skills.

Doesn't work on some bosses, usually the ones with a 3 stacks of immunity to cc buff or whatever, their attacks usually go through.

Also, it does blind ranges too if u are right next to them. but spells will go through.

I kinda want to roll a taru dude thief. My character is so friggin tall, I don't notice until I'm around other people.
<3 GW2 Thief

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next