It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:07 pm 
Random Man

This game looks like a offline mmorpg, a beefier FFXII (looks like FFXII took pointers from these type of games), and since FFXIII went back to restrictive turned based battles this looks like the way to go. Also the story in this is supposed to be better than your usual FF game.

A bit of mage spells.

Now the thing that I care about THIEF!

Rogue Specific Talents
Dirty Fighting Tree
ImageDirty Fighting
*Activated
*cooldown: 25 seconds
The rogue incapacitates a target, who takes no damage from the attack but is stunned for a short time.

Image Combat Movement
* Passive
The quick-stepping rogue can more easily outmaneuver opponents, granting a wider flanking angle that makes backstabs easier to achieve.

ImageCoup De Grace
* Passive
When a target is incapacitated, the opportunistic rogue strikes where it hurts the most, inflicting automatic backstabs against stunned or paralyzed targets.

ImageFeign Death
* Sustained
* Range: Personal
* Upkeep: 40
* Fatigue: 5%
* Cooldown: 300s
The rogue collapses at the enemies' feet, causing them to lose interest and seek other targets until the rogue gives up the ruse.

Below the Belt Tree
Image Below the Belt
* Activated
* Activation: 25
* Cooldown: 15s
The rogue delivers a swift and unsportsmanlike kick to the target, dealing normal combat damage as well as imposing penalties to defense and movement speed unless the target passes a physical resistance check.

Image Deadly Strike
* Activated
* Cooldown: 15s
The rogue makes a swift strike at a vulnerable area on the target, dealing normal damage but gaining a bonus to armor penetration.

Image Lethality
* Passive
The rogue has a keen eye for weak spots, and thus gains a bonus to critical chance for all attacks. Additionally, if the rogue's cunning score is greater than strength, sharpness of mind lets the character use the cunning modifier to affect attack damage in place of the strength modifier.

Image Evasion
* Passive
The rogue gains an almost preternatural ability to sense and avoid danger. This talent grants a one-in-five chance of evading a physical attack, including being stunned or knocked down.

Deft Hands Tree
ImageDeft Hands
* Passive
All rogues have some understanding of opening locks and spotting traps, but particularly dexterous hands and a steady grip give the character a bonus when picking locks or disarming traps. The character's cunning score also contributes to these skills.

ImageImproved Tools
* Upgrade
The rogue has taken to carrying a full set of implements designed to defeat trickier locks and spring traps without harm. These tools add a further bonus when lockpicking or disarming traps, which the character's cunning score also affects.

ImageMechanical Expertise
* Upgrade
Through practice and research, the rogue has come to possess an encyclopedic knowledge of devices designed to prevent entry. Knowing the right technique for the job lends the rogue yet another bonus when dealing with locks or traps. The character’s cunning score also contributes to these skills.

ImageDevice Mastery
* Upgrade
Practice makes perfect, and only the most intricate locks or elaborate traps give the rogue pause at this level of mastery. A further bonus applies when lockpicking or disarming traps. The character’s cunning score also contributes to these skills.

Stealth Tree
ImageStealth
* Sustained
* Cooldown: 10s
The rogue has learned to fade from view, although perceptive enemies may not be fooled. Taking any action beyond movement, including engaging in combat or using items, will still attract attention. If the rogue initiates combat while still stealthed, the first strike is an automatic critical hit or backstab.

ImageStealthy Item Use
* Upgrade
The rogue has learned how to use items while sneaking.

ImageCombat Stealth
* Upgrade
The rogue is stealthy enough to try sneaking during combat, although at a significant penalty.

ImageMaster Stealth
* Upgrade
The rogue has mastered the art of stealth, gaining significant bonuses on all stealth checks.

Thief is pimp in this game!

A thief can branch off into optional specializations. Here they are.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Specializations

Rogue Specializations
Image Assassins are trained killers who focus on poisons and also have an increased chance to critically hit and inflict more damage with each backstab.

Image Bards use their training in the arts, to become deadly spies.

Image Duelists are skilled fighters with impressive reflexes.

Image Rangers have a strong bond with nature and are often used as scouts or militia.

----------------
The specializations for Warrior and Mage. Specialization is optional like the advanced jobs in FFXI

Warrior Specializations
Image Berserkers are fierce warriors who harness their inner rage to gain strength and health at a cost to finesse fighting.

Image Champions are warriors who are confident and skilled at leadership.

Image Reavers are terrifing fighters who devour the souls of their enemies.

Image Templars are a militaristic branch of the Chantry charged with policing mages. Because of this, they possess talents designed to withstand and dispel magic.

Mage Specializations
ImageArcane Warriors are mages who have channeled magic into their bodies, making them effective fighters.

ImageBlood Mages pursue a darker path of magic that is fueled by blood.

ImageShapeshifters are mages who have learned to alter the form of their bodies.

ImageSpirit Healers draw on the help of the benevolent spirits of the fade to focus on healing their allies.

Last edited by Ploid on Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Dragon Age: Orgins
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:14 pm 
Hexabox Aspirant

Looks like a mix of Darkstone and Bullet Witch.

Do want.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:18 pm 
Random Man

Btw Ranger can summon pets like bears and stuff, at a certain point it can summon tougher stuff.

I'm so going to be a bard, since bard in this game is more pimp and less female. Bard is like a double agent in image. Also bard can do thief stuff, use bows, use sword with buffs and melee really well.

Random image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:58 pm 
Random Man

IGN UK wrote:
If ever a game supported repeated playthroughs, Origins is it. Your origin story colours the experience of the entire game – and no superlatives here, it really does. Whichever one you eventually choose, the world will shape and re-order itself around it, often with a subtlety that belies deeper choice. The kinds of interactions we had with the huge amount of powerfully realised NPCs felt so natural in response to our origin story it felt that the game could not possibly have played out in any other way.

A quick load of another character with a different background shows quickly how masterful Bioware has been in painting a world that reacts sublimely to your choices. These changes can be small, such as in the context of a minor side-quest that can still play out in one of a dozen ways, or it can be huge, impacting shocking twists and changing how events play out across all Ferelden and the varying fates of nigh on all the characters you meet.

The plot changes aren't as simple as "that guy dies", either. These interactions are governed by an interestingly-employed moral compass – or rather, a lack of one. A stark contrast against other RPGs, Origins features no such alignment indicator of good or evil actions, simply throwing you to the wind to work things out yourself. Often there are no such clearly-aligned decisions; just a moment of hand-wringing as you struggle to decide which option presented is the one that hopefully won't backfire too badly.

So not only will I want to play over again to try different classes/mixtures but the story will be different. Nice. Too bad I don't have a pwn pc.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:42 pm 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

Is this like that gay ass Oblivion game?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:53 pm 
Random Man

It's in no way like oblivion. Other than similar era (Dark fantasy?).

Here's someone playing it live.
http://ja.justin.tv/gyoruspy

http://www.justin.tv/s1ayer

http://ja.justin.tv/jerleminara

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:14 am 

I looks very RPG'y.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:36 am 
Random Man

Yea it's a rpg, some call the type a CRPG (computer role playing game). It's pretty much Baldur's Gate 2 spiritual successor. Oblivion is a first person rpg and it had little to no loot, and the whole world looked and sounded the same. That stuff got boring quick.

The people that made this game (Dragon Age) know how to make good rpgs. They made Knights Of The Old Republic, Mass Effect, and the game that's called one of the best rpgs of all time (Kanye West jpg), Baldur's Gate 2. I never played one of their games other than a little bit of BG2, but I'm doing my research on their history and this game as I wait for it to show up in the mail. People are loving it so far, some reviewers even said it has a great story/world with a lot of history.

Oblivion's story was stupid and something from the back of a cereal box. The only good story in Oblivion was that one gladiator. I forgot what it was but at the end I was sad for him for some reason.

Also for your party, you can issue them assembly commands like the gambits in ffxii. You won't need to buy each command either. Also you can control each party member on the fly.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:51 am 
Random Man

Just found out you can have two specializations like:

Rogue
Bard/assassin
Duelist/ranger

A thief that can sing and summon pets (thief bard/ranger)!

Also unlike oblivion the character creator don't suck.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:21 am 

Idk it looks fun but it also looks very gay in the extreme "S3f finds this gay and boring and nerdy" way.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:52 am 
Random Man

I know what you mean but wouldn't s3f also find ffxi gay and boring if he hadn't been drawn into it somehow? This dev made games based on the dungeons and dragons games. Dungeons and Dragons is like this pen and paper board game that you use action figures and a dungeon master to play. That was the epitome of nerd back in the day. The whole reason they called the games bioware made crpgs is because they were rpgs that were made on the computer. RPGs are pretty much only on computers now and hardly ever on paper.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/dragona ... iew-1?hd=0
Here is a video review that will pretty much tell you everything. I'm not trying to force the game down your throat but you guys do like FF for some reason, and some of you liked FFXII (not the spamming phoenix downs because of how lame SE is at game design).

This guy is doing a complete walkthrough on pc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNs6yLGHz24

Looking at this first vid it's more like a lord of the rings. Although there's heavy racism towards Elvans (take that you snobbish Sandians!).

Another video review.
http://www.giantbomb.com/dragon-age-ori ... 8/reviews/

Post subject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:00 pm 
Random Man

Seem like WOW.

ImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:56 pm 
Random Man

Gametrailers Review HD: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-dragon-age/58517

Gametrailers Review SD: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-dragon-age/58516

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:07 pm 
Bitter Canadian

I hate wow interface and all games like it(every game since wow it seems)
maybe I'm just too used to playing on pc w/ ps2 controller idk but I hate using keyboard to play video games of any kind rly ;/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:41 pm 
Cock atrice

I may get this. PROID you have it yet? I need a PROID review.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:13 am 
Random Man

I don't have mine yet. Amazon is sitting on Shipping Soon status all day. However it looks way deeper than Demon's Souls, all of the (using FFXI terms) JA's and traits for different setups is more deeper than what Demon's Souls offer. There's no online but there's a big story, in DS you kinda put the story behind you.

Just look at this video review and decide.
Gametrailers Review SD: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/revie ... -age/58516

How to unlock specializations

One more pic.

Edit I'm getting my game in today, but I'll have a packed day. Will try to get impressions in.

Edit 2: Ogre fight on the console version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mL3pgGZ-Yk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:26 pm 
Random Man

A music video from Bioware.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwwgWI1T57U

IGN video review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgDbn_UuGzM

Gametrailers video review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vERUpsqPn_8

Gamespot video review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmTIw5Wt8nY

Dragon Age: Origins - Wardens' Calling (trailer)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLuzeWwn6I0

Actually I change my mind about what character I'll be. Thinking about being a tank.

My future party...
One healer/blm type
A bard/thief/ranger
A tank (me Warrior/templar/champion)
And a dark knight type (warrior/reaver/berserker).

My options (tank of pwn)

Main Class: Warrior
ImagePowerful
Through training and hard work, the warrior has gained greater health and reduced the fatigue penalty for wearing armor.

ImageThreaten
The warrior adopts a challenging posture that increases enemy hostility with each melee attack, drawing them away from other allies while this mode is active.

ImageBravery
The warrior's unwavering courage grants bonuses to damage, physical resistance, and mental resistance, as well as a bonus to critical chance that increases proportionally to the number of enemies above two that the warrior is engaging.

ImageDeath Blow
Each time the warrior fells an enemy, the end of the battle seems closer at hand, restoring a portion of the warrior's stamina.

ImagePrecise Striking
The warrior tries to make each attack count, sacrificing attack speed for a bonus to attack as well as an increased chance to score critical hits for as long as the mode is active.

ImageTaunt
A mocking bellow catches the attention of nearby foes, increasing their hostility toward the warrior. Frightening Appearance increases the effect.

ImageDisengage
A relaxed position makes the warrior seem less threatening, reducing the hostility of nearby enemies, who may seek other targets instead. (for if I have too much hate)

ImagePerfect Striking
The warrior focuses on precision, gaining a massive attack bonus for a moderate time.

Sub classes (specializations)
Champion
War Cry
The champion lets out a fearsome cry that gives nearby enemies a penalty to attack. With Superiority, nearby enemies are also knocked down unless they pass a physical resistance check.

Rally
The champion’s presence inspires nearby allies, giving them bonuses to attack and defense while this mode is active. When coupled with Motivate, the attack bonus increases.

Superiority
The champion is so fearsome that War Cry now knocks nearby opponents off their feet unless they pass a physical resistance check. (Stunga!!!)

Templar
ImageRightious Strike
The templars are enforcers specifically designed to control and slay mages. Each of the templar's melee hits against an enemy spellcaster drains its mana.

ImageCleanse Area
The templar purges the area of magic, removing all dispellable effects from those nearby. Friendly fire possible.

ImageMental Fortress
The templar has learned to focus on duty, gaining a large bonus to mental resistance.

ImageHoly Smite
The templar strikes out with righteous fire, inflicting spirit damage on the target and other nearby enemies. If the target is a spellcaster, it must pass a mental resistance check or else loses mana and takes additional spirit damage proportional to the mana lost. All affected enemies are stunned or knocked back unless they pass physical resistance checks.

This is the arsenal of a impervious tank!
Ploid the tank! The dream is back!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:56 pm 
Black Thumb

Looks fun. Reminds me of Diablo a little bit just because of the menu along the bottom of the screen. Also reminds me of WoW (I played for literally 5 minutes before I was bored to death) just in terms of aesthetics and appearance. I really like the character customization, I always felt that was something that was missing from FFXI and whatnot.

I will say that I'm going to find it impossible to put Borderlands down. That game is fun on top of fun.

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:33 pm 
Cock atrice

See. Borderlands was a great investment and no one really knew about it. I have about 5 days on it now. D:
And the computer version of this game just looks tons better. Maybe I can get a new comp or better RAM + 64 bit + video card. Really doubt it tho...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:16 pm 
Random Man

Not mine, but it will be someday. I don't know the stats on it yet, so close to playing this.

About Borderlands, do you guys think there will be expansions for it? That's what I wanted for Resistance 2's Co op mode. Borderlands looks like a game based around Resistance 2's co op but more fleshed out, and it's the main game instead of a extra. Man I have too many fps games.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next