It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:23 pm 
Random Man

SWAT Drug Raids.

Quote:
Pima County Sheriff's deputies told KGUN9 News that the SWAT team showed up at the home to serve a search warrant, although they won't say the reason for the warrant. Deputies said that when they went down the hallway, they were greeted by Jose Guerena, 26, who was armed with a rifle. Deputies said that he opened fire on the officers which forced them to fire back, killing Guerena. The bulletproof shield that officers were carrying took the brunt of the bullets. They were not hurt.

Now I'm sure you're thinking I'm over-reacting. Dude, had a rifle and fired at them and they responded. Well, something about that...

It's a blantant lie!

Quote:
The day the search warrant was served, we reported to the media that Mr. Guerena fired at SWAT officers. This is what was understood at that time. After a more detailed investigation, we learned that he pointed his assault rifle at SWAT officers, however, the safety was on and he could not fire.

Review the red bolded along with this. Police report was wrong or covering up something on that part. Ok done with that part, let's continue shall we.

Well they had a warrant for his home, right? He must have been suspected of something?

Quote:
Two weeks after the shooting the department has yet to disclose exactly what they were searching for in the Guerena home as well as three other residences in the area that were subjects of a drug investigation. Court documents that show what officers were searching for in the case have been sealed and what was seized as evidence has also been sealed.

Quote:
Police LT. O'Connor: "We did find things that we were asking for in that. It may have been drug ledgers, narcotics paraphernalia, any other connecting material between the residences. Those things were found, in addition to a large sum of money. Somewhat larger that what you would expect to find in anyone's home."

KGUN Reporter Waldman: "Can you say if that was the residence where the shooting happened?"

O'Connor: "No, it was one of the four, but it was not that residence."

Waldman: "In that specific residence, did you find anything related to drugs, drug money, in that specific residence."

O'Connor: "We found information that was pertinent to this drug conspiracy case, yes. I'm not going to go into details on what those things were. But it was connecting material to the drug conspiracy.

What happened in the home that night?

Quote:
The 26-year-old former Marine was sleeping at about 9:30 a.m. after working the graveyard shift at Asarco's Mission Mine when his wife woke him saying she heard noises outside and saw a man was at their window. Guerena told his wife to hide in a closet with their 4-year-old son, his wife said. He grabbed an AR-15 rifle and moments later was slumped in the kitchen, mortally wounded from a hail of gunfire.

Mortally wounded, not immediately killed. Why is that important?

The police made the ambulance crew wait.

Quote:
An ambulance crew- forced to stand by for more than an hour-- and not allowed to examine a man shot by a SWAT team.

That's what happened in the case of Jose GuereƱa.

tl;dnr
Guy wakes up due to possible burglars, gets wife and kid in closet for protection. Grabs gun, and gets shot down maybe as he realized it was actually some form of police.

Police lied and said he opened fire and they had to shoot him. Turns out he didn't, he also received no warning that he was being searched by swat.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:27 pm 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

They probably got a pat on the back for a job well done too.
Just sprinkle some crack on him and leave.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 1:07 pm 
Black Thumb

Lies lies lies.

Again, disgusting. You remember that Pace University kid that was shot by police a few months ago (unarmed of course)?

I know the article is kinda old but I mean seriously...

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/201 ... shoot.html

tl;dr: kid gets shot while unarmed

police say it wasn't their bad

they're rewarding the officer that shot the kid

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:16 pm 
Random Man

And people wonder why folks don't trust cops sometimes. I have a sheriff that lives a few houses from me, his cop car parked in front of his house makes me feel safe, but reading stuff on crooked cops makes me wonder what were some of the stuff he did to get in his position.

Power is so easy to abuse. You think you wouldn't do dirty or evil stuff when you don't have power, but get it and you'll see what you're really like. Same with money, you have to watch yourself closely and give to the community to not lose yourself with money (I mean million/s).