It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:35 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:59 pm 
Random Man

And the cartels are going to eat her alive :(

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20 ... ould-apply

Quote:
A town near drug cartel capital Juarez, Mexico, had just one applicant for police chief after a spate of killings of public officials in drug-related violence.

So now the new chief in Guadalupe, a town of 10,000 residents near the Texas border, is 20-year-old college criminology major Marisol Valles García.

Quote:
Valles tells a local paper that she took the job to help the town's people become less fearful. "Afraid? Everyone is afraid and it's very natural. What motivates me here is that the project [to make the community safer] is very good and can do a lot for my town. I know that we are going to change and remove this," she said

Example of the drug gangs down there.

Quote:
OMG, so I googled the beheadings mentioned in the thread and this video popped up showing the cartel beheading the guy live. But proper brutally, with some shitty little blade that could barely get the job done.

Why...why did I watch that shit. To make matters worse, I ended up clicking all these other dodgy vids on the same site and now my mind is fucked...

This world is such a fucked up place sometimes...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:11 pm 
Random Man

Update: She seeks asylum in the United States. (she became chief back in October of 2010)

Quote:
A 20-year-old college student who was hired as police chief of a Mexican border town has reportedly sought asylum in the United States.

Marisol Valles Garcia "received death threats from a criminal group that wanted to force her to work for them," the relative told AFP news service on Thursday, speaking on condition of anonymity. She "went to the United States along with two relatives and will seek asylum."

Valles Garcia, who has an infant son, became police chief in Praxedis G. Guerrero town — home to some 10,000 people — after two other job candidates dropped out following the killing of the mayor and his son. She was studying criminology in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico's most violent city.

However, town secretary Andres Morales said that Valles Garcia was expected back at work on Monday after taking some time off to deal with family matters.

"Right now, these are rumors," he told the El Paso Times.
Story: Two more women join Mexico's police chiefs

Word of Valles Garcia's apparent departure comes after Erika Gandara, a female officer and the sole representative of the law in the border town of Guadalupe, was kidnapped in December . Her fate is unknown.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:07 pm 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

Since when is Mexico news-worthy?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:42 am 
Bitter Canadian

this girl is clever
take police chief job in corrupt city > receive death threats > asylum in america
she had this planned the whole time~