It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Ploid halp....
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:13 pm 
Keyboard Cowboy

My PS3 is pissing me off. It will play 4:3 AVI files of anime I have. Yet if I show it a 16:9 file, it throws a hissy fit and says "Unsupported data".

WTF seriously. It is designed to run almost everything in 16:9 being a HD machine. Come the fk on. :cry2:

::EDIT::

Scratch that. The Fansubbers had to change their codec when the show started showing in 16:9 (H264 is the new codec or something). And the PS3 probly doesn't support it yet. . . .

They need to need to move their ass and make it support all fkn video codecs already!!1 Especially widescreen (16:9) ones :complain:

Post subject: Re: Ploid halp....
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:44 pm 
Random Man

It supports H264, it just rejects files with custom settings. Custom sound codec, or custom video codec settings when you look at the file's information in windows or something. No MKV, and MOV still though.

Post subject: Re: Ploid halp....
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:12 pm 
Keyboard Cowboy

It recognizes the sound codec but it is liek WTF?!?!?! at the video codec. Iono if it cos it is a H264 .avi instead of a .mp4 but it jus tells me to "gtfo i don't kno this file" which confuses the fk out of me as it is meant to play H264 codec stuff.

I am jus guessing tht either the 16:9 (as it plays 4:3 .avi fine and stretches (tht looks rong excuse my lysdexia) them to 16:9) or the .avi file extension throws it. If not i wanna find some1 who works for sony and fkn punch them in the nose... TWICE!!!!!