It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Socom 2 appreciation
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:20 am 
Random Man

There are a lot of people that gave ffxi a chance because they got the HDD for socom2. Heck there was even a taru named Socomtwo that did exactly this. In the end, I didn't get the maps because I needed to find some magazine to get the install disk. Gay.

This game is the best online game ever on console to me. I tried a lot and none tops this after all these years. Yes even ffxi XD, it even produce drama but in this you can take it out by owning the clan and dancing over their cold corpse. There's nothing like the lobby after a rival clan match. Think being put in a room with cog after owning them on.. uh, pull? :dunno:

The teamwork and skill required for pulling off stuff is also like no other. Can't remember how many times I watch my lone team mate rescue hostages after being dead and cheering him every step of the way with my other dead team mates (the dead can only hear the dead, and the live can only hear the live). I even pulled through for the win a few times. Talk about tense moments with no one else to spot for you, not knowing if there are hidden terrorists/seals as I try to carry out the objective as I sneak around in the shadows as best I can or go guns blazing as I make a mad dash. Seriously, no other game has scratched this socom 2 itch for me yet (socom2 online still works btw :D ). Epic game.

This game has been out for so long and no other game has yet to capture it's awesomeness. One of the secrets is it's specialized maps. They are made with plenty care and allow many different strategies. Fish hook, Desert glory, Blood lake, Cross stinkin roads! Is there any map in socom1 and 2 that sux?

Socom3+ failed because they tried to add vehicles, and make maps multi purpose. Took the fun out of it.

Socom do's and dont's (youtube, machinama? A skit)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq3LI-Z-ZAk

Banned weapons (another machinama) I like this one because my clan used smoke grenades a lot. Good times. I laughed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdb0W-Jq ... re=related

OMG haha "Socom Movie" I found this one hilarius. Stick with it to the end. Some funny stuff here and there. This is socom3 btw.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Umark6c ... re=related

Ok enough of the funny in game skits. To the meat, socom skill kills.

Amazing sniping skills in this one. The dude has patience.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANFjPvRN ... re=related

Good segments, although it play to the music and have annoying flashes here and there. Drama at the end pause it and read lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhbXEhC2JaU

Hard to find good socom gameplay as most are cut to the battling and not the approach and teamwork via headset chatter. I shall search the interweb.

Edit: Almost forgot.

g^

Post subject: Re: Socom 2 appreciation
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:41 am 
lolmithrapld

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

the greatest game ever :!:
did you know Socom sold more games alone than xbox had games total :!: :!:

No other game has the lobby system that works so well
No other game has a com system that is as clear, push button to talk so you don't get annoying pets/ kids/ friends noise in background and no other game has the camaraderie like Socom.

I am so looking forward to Confrontation, looks like a blast and it'll be great to play with the boys for more than 1 game (lol 1st person games suck ass)

http://www.alphabravoclan.co.uk is my other "home"

*gets hubby to plug in my old PS2 for old times sake if I can get to a dentist tonight Socom will give me all the tlc I require*

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:22 pm 
Random Man

Dude what the crap? Your clan's web site is HQ stuff. All high tec with tv's flying at me. Mine only had one big thread lol.

Yes when confrontations is here I'm making a mad dash for fish hook. That map is perfection. I also hope they support the game and remove exploitsas their found. Also ban PSN users, and maybe the whole machine. In socom PS2 you could just make another user name only losing stats and rank.

Glitching, and cheats ruined socom 2 for me. My last time playing was on fish hook as seals. The terrorists bombed the mess out of us right at the start (in the water and behind the rock arch even),. The never seemed to run out of grenades, and my team was just helpless. No matter what rout I took, or how I tried to wait it out a bit, it was inevitable that I would die by the grenade rain. Thats the only reason I'm no longer playing, and psyched for confrontations.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:11 pm 
lolmithrapld

There is certainly high hopes for confrontation, I cant wait to play with the boys again, clan mom gets wrong for spending so much time on FFXI lewl and almost no time on CoD4 :cat:

Clan leader always likes his sites to look nice for visitors :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:00 pm 
Brutal Sheep

I have this game.. but for some weird reason I suck at it. ><
It was givin to me as a gift by a friend that wanted me to play with his clan few years back.. I can't even beat the game 1 player.. .. idk.. kinda.. just not my style game.. now my disc and headset sit unused collecting dust .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:22 pm 
lolmithrapld

OMG Perish plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay it, it calls to you

I have never had as much fun playing games as I did with Socom, yes we played serious games in matches and pre match practice. If any of you knew Altore I can tell you he saved our asses many a time with his amazing sniper and handgun! But we also had a lot of fun too!

In locked aB & Friends rooms we'd do
Vigilance, dry river bed running down the middle and we'd put it on respawn and use claymores to blow ourselves from the roof tops and see how far we could go

there was a glitch on chain reaction where you'd stand on the girders at the top, throw a grenade, jump after it and if you timed it just right the explosion as it hit the bottom would stop you from dying and you could run around under the dry docked submarine!

I hope they use the old S2 lobby system, man how i miss pintail and co, OAP & XVI

Oh yeah and cant forget being drunk every weekend invading german servers with the old M60 and seeing who could stay in the longest as we team killed the Germans before being voted out LEWL!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:38 pm 
Pixie

I'll stick to my GRAW2 for a tactical shooter thank you very much. Offers everything SOCOM does and has better controls as far as I recall. I played SOCOM2 once and was through with it within 30minutes. Same thing happened with all my friends. Even the ones who are all Sony >>>> MS.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:42 pm 
Black Thumb

Never played SOCOM, not that I really cared to though. Reminded me of Syphon Filter and the original Rainbow Six, both of which had gameplay that just wasn't for me (FPS tyvm). I haven't played CoD4 in a while, but since Plois claims to be getting it....

PLOID HURRY

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:13 pm 
Random Man

Oh crap...

New official sony blue tooth headset. It comes with socom confrontations for $49.99

I should get socom on psn, I have the warhawk blue tooth, but I want this one XD darnit. Guess I'll give the jabra to one of my friends for use with the cell phone, or I keep the jabra so I don't look like a tool when using the playstation logo bt.. Oh wait using the blue tooth with the cell phone makes me look like a tool no matter what.

Yea Vedder, I might put cod4 on indefanate hold. GT4 is too soon, this bundle, and mgs4 is close. I don't even finish games before buying more now. Still trying to finish motar storm single player, pixel junk monsters, and unlock more things in resistance to name a few. But I did make hoga buy it by saying I'd get it so crap. King or hype king. Darn that hype king.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:55 pm 
Goblin Smithy

Tyriac wrote:
OMG Perish plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay it, it calls to you

I have never had as much fun playing games as I did with Socom, yes we played serious games in matches and pre match practice. If any of you knew Altore I can tell you he saved our asses many a time with his amazing sniper and handgun! But we also had a lot of fun too!

In locked aB & Friends rooms we'd do
Vigilance, dry river bed running down the middle and we'd put it on respawn and use claymores to blow ourselves from the roof tops and see how far we could go

there was a glitch on chain reaction where you'd stand on the girders at the top, throw a grenade, jump after it and if you timed it just right the explosion as it hit the bottom would stop you from dying and you could run around under the dry docked submarine!

I hope they use the old S2 lobby system, man how i miss pintail and co, OAP & XVI

Oh yeah and cant forget being drunk every weekend invading german servers with the old M60 and seeing who could stay in the longest as we team killed the Germans before being voted out LEWL!

I loved Socom II online. It was so much fun to come back from school in the evening, grab a can of cola, call a few friends and go into the clan server and just have at it. I got a few nick names from clan members because of that game.

Fuck yes Vigilance and Chain Reaction were hella fun and you can get underneath the sub if you can glitch into it through the ladder on top.

Vigilance was also great if you knew how to ninja jump around.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:05 pm 
lolmithrapld

yeah i could use the ladder glitch but the grenade glitch was incredibly hard, the blow back from the explosion which would normally kill you actually acted like a cushion, similar to an air bag reaction on a car, but timing was bloody hard. never used action replay so never got to super jump or throw glow sticks or use grenade launcher type gun on online maps that where only available offline, cant remember what weapon it was but I remember a guy using. also Frostfire? (on the rigs) you could glitch into the containers and claymore peeps as they ran past, or just shoot em ^^.

We only ever did this sort of stuff in a locked room tho :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:02 am 
Juggernaut Search & Rescue

TF2 wins

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:32 am 
Random Man

Yes I admit, tf2 is seriously pwn and made of win. Love spy as I feel like being sneaky like I was in socom. But it's a totally different game. No terrorists, crazy abilities, and sentries that are able to be unattended and kill off a lot of people with a engineer hiding all over the map. But it's more deep, and better game mechanics than socom.

It's just not the same community as socom on the ps3 version of TF2. The lobby has no talking (it's not even a lobby like the 360 version, you're just kicked into the match as you look at your stats waiting for the next map to be chosen and voted on). The PC version of TF2 is all kind of awesome I can imagine. Dedicated servers, custom settings, different tweaks, more players on the map, list goes on. Not sure how awesome it plays on 360 version other than demoman having 6 grenades on 360 and 8 on ps3. I think they just screwed the console versions up compared to the pc version. They are great on console but there's no life in it. Socom has soul.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:52 pm 
Black Thumb

CoD4 is totally worth it though man, and I will be getting GT4 and MGS the respective days they come out, as those are two of the most desired games for me that are coming up.

FF13 is gonna be so fkn hawt....I can't wait :<

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:07 pm 
Keyboard Cowboy

So I gave in and bought a Playstation 3. Don't have any online mutliplayer games atm. Bought it with Assassin's Creed, Oblivion & Uncharted. Also 2 guesses what my ID is :P

Once I get some online stuffs i wanna get to shooting some ppl intheface! Or maybe some of the nicerer stuff too, like helping u ona co-op game, then shooting u intheface. iono?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:11 pm 
lolmithrapld

socom confrontation due out soonish! its a must buy Ora!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:54 pm 
Keyboard Cowboy

Do i get to shoot u intheface? Also from having a quick go on Oblivion, i can see myself wasting many an hour away playing tht lol.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:59 pm 
lolmithrapld

nu uh i rape u on socom!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:00 pm 
Keyboard Cowboy

i thght rape and pillage was only on oblivion type thing :P

Last edited by Oraphin on Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:01 pm 
lolmithrapld

:lmao: :rofl: :lolhammer: