It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:20 pm 
Better than Kooyo

classified information prz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:03 pm 
Random Man

Hmm NDA means jack I see. Loads of warhawk beta videos on youtube. Loving the game, if they fix the freezing bug in the beta with a patch I won't be able to resist playing ><.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... rch=Search
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaDUmgiQy34&NR=1

HD video of some crappy dude playing. Download it by clicking the down arrow, in the center of the picture, before playing the video.
http://stage6.divx.com/user/Ermacs/vide ... k-BETA-PS3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:35 am 
lolmithrapld

The gamethatisnttobetalkedaboutisfun Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:10 am 
Random Man

I've been trying to rank up so I can get the warhawk with flame design, and a different soldier skin than what Recruits have. I saw 1 warhawk, and one soldier with an custom skin. Need to play rank servers onry, and not suck Sad

I have had some "Omg i'm awesome" moments though. I sniped a dude clear across the map one time. That felt so good, I should have got a medal for that (was unranked, wonder if I would if it was ranked).

Turrets are such a pain. One guy just camped that turret one match. He was darn good too. I had a hard time getting him off it without getting shot down, or blown up if I tried to reach him by foot. Found a invisible icon and snuck around behind him and tried to light him up. He was back in no time. He knew too well how to get his position back, and probably communicated with his team/clan very well. If he was in trouble, he would seemingly call for a warhawk to fly by to help him hold his position.

When people communicate and use teamwork this game is so win. Shall hold me off unt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:12 am 
Random Man

This game shall hold me off for multiplayer online combat until socom PSN, and the socom by zipper for sure. And if Killzone is as good as resistance, I'll be in heaven. Wonder what I would get for a racing game (besides motorstorm *darn it for not having 2player split screen).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:33 am 
Goblin Smithy

Wow I didn't know there was infantry combat. I thought it was gonna be just a bunch of tards flying around trying to kill each other.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:28 pm 
lolmithrapld

i done most of my playtime thus far on foot (i sux @ flying lool)
but i went around picking up various weapons and got me a nice rocket launcher /commence lock onto target and blow it clean outta teh sky! yay GO ME Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:57 pm 
Random Man

Another vid from stage6. To download from stage6 click the down arrow next to the play arrow in the center of the video before playing it.

http://stage6.divx.com/user/Ermacs/vide ... ag-5-31-07

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:52 pm 
Eden Alumni

Video games that are not FFXI....

i r not amused.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:56 pm 
Random Man

But video games that are not FFXI usually don't have botters, or side upgrades to armor, and you usually don't have to wait 3 days to play a certain event in most games. FFXI isn't much of a game* and more like a multiplayer uh gameshow? With luck, and cheaters and I don't know. You need to try a good multiplayer game that suits you (other than ffxi). One that make you laugh, and have fun.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:29 pm 
Goblin Smithy

Mmmm...garry's mod....BF2142...sex

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:25 am 
Random Man

fun with warhawk beta (the blue circle disks are sticky mines. Proximity mines to be exact. Think N64 007 golden eye. Only blow up when enemy get near and in the direction the light is pointing).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN_IjP8bx3A

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:30 pm 
Random Man

http://blogs.capcomusa.com/blogs/digital.php/2007/06/07/p315#more315

New Akuma in game sprites for Super Street Fighter 2 (xbox 360 and PS3 download game).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:56 pm 
Juggernaut Search & Rescue

bf2142 :>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:44 pm 
Tunnel Worm

So bought a PS3.. Seriously wtf do Sony have an online strategy? It's really jarring after enjoying the smooth sailing of the 360 when going online, and the interface is.. well shite..

Games look pretty (Although I'm pretty bad at Virtua Fighter...), and I can buy blu-ray disks too so as an obsessive movie buyer I'm happy Smile

Ash

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:47 pm 
Tunnel Worm

Ploid wrote:
New Akuma in game sprites for Super Street Fighter 2 (xbox 360 and PS3 download game).

Looking forward to this, hopefully my friends have forgotten how badly I harm them at SF games so I wont just be stuck kicking the computers ass while camping hnms...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:07 am 
Random Man

There's most online games don't use your friends list that's on the XMB and they're slow at putting out demos, and trailers on the psn store. Maybe that will change after they get firmware 2.0 done (so close to that, like 2 months or less). My friends are logging on now, bout to play some warhawk. Get a lot of people on your buddy list and you can try to follow them to a game if the game don't support the xmb list (name will show up on screen, and their messages they send you will also but only the subject section + the name).

I actually like it pretty much as it is due to the games that I got support it minus fight night and madden07. I also get to finally ditch the PC and surf the intranet on my console. Something I wished the ps2 did. And now Media Center Streaming or whatever it's called (streaming media files from the pc via router/network).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:03 pm 
Random Man

Missile Locked

Flying through a cloud

Boost thrusters activated

Flying into the ground

View of the terrain

Blue team in control of base

Flamethrower on bridge

Flamethrower vs plants

Blueteam stationary Missile launcher firing from behind the seized base.

Warhawk overlooking said base

Blue base Solar flare

A BRIDGE!

crossing the water on a bird

Blue protecting the base.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:19 pm 
Random Man

FFXI job balan.. er I mean warhawk balance/patch update info ^^ (they actually do stuff, unlike SE does now).

Job balance, er Weapon balance
Quote:
Beta Testers,

There has been a lot of debate and feedback about the balance of the Rifle and Pistol -- it did not fall on deaf ears! Here's what we've changed. Again, these changes are in the primary code branch and will not show up in a public BETA patch. You guys know how this stuff goes :-)

Rifle vs Pistol Balance:

* The damage of the Pistol has been reduced. In the BETA each pistol round did far more damage than the rifle rounds. This coupled with the other attributes of the Pistol caused it to be a dominant weapon -- even when Rifles *should* have been the preferred weapon. Each pistol round still does more damage than a Rifle round, but the Rifle’s ROF is so high that it makes up for it.

* MAX Pistol RoF is now 8/sec and the Rifle RoF is 15/sec.

* The target assist range on the pistol has been reduced. In the BETA, the aim assist had a pretty long range. This caused players to switch to pistol while we really wanted them to still be in the Rifle's "sweet-spot".

* The lifetime of the pistols projectile has been reduced. In the BETA the bullet from the pistol would last an incredibly long time, allowing players to rain pistol fire towards a target over too great of a distance.

* The accuracy spread on the pistol has been opened up, causing it to still be very effective at close range, but it's effectiveness drops off more quickly at medium range. In the BETA the accuracy delta between the Rifle and Pistol were not contrasted enough. This resulted in the Rifle not being accurate enough and the Pistol being too accurate.

* Rifle accuracy spread has been decreased (tightened). In the BETA the effective range on the Rifle was not as good as many players expected. This helps remedy the problem.

* Rifle accuracy spread while crouching has been greatly decreased. This adds more depth to the use of the rifle and further helps is combat effectiveness at longer ranges. This tight stream of bullets greatly increased the chances of head-shots while using the Rifle -- something that all of you requested.

With all of these changes, we are hoping to strike a better balance with the spectrum of range and weapon. In very close quarters, we want the Knife to the weapon of choice. The next ring out is the Pistol. We don't want the Pistol to be a weapon of last resort but rather, the preferred weapon that you use just outside of Knife range. Outside of Pistol band is the Rifle and it's range and overall effectiveness have been greatly increase. As I mentioned, the ability now to better control head-shots makes a big difference.

Botters taking all the HNMs? Respawn un nerf
Quote:
We have received a lot of feedback about spawn camping and as such, we have changed the way we handle the respawn invulnerability / "grace period".

I also want to be clear that all of these changes have been made to our primary code branch -- meaning that they are in the release build and will not show-up in a public BETA patch prior to the games release.

Respawn Protection Changes:

* Once a player has respawned, he will *not* be seen by any other player until the respawn invulnerability ceases. Currently in the BETA, all players see respawning players as ghosts as they respawn. This unfortunately allowed base-campers to line up attacks on players coming out of respawn limbo. Sadly, this actually put the players respawning at the disadvantage rather than provide them much needed protection -- Thankfully this has been resolved.

* A player will have 5 seconds of respawn invulnerability. At the end of which, he will become visible on all other player's viewports. Currently in the BETA, players have only 3 seconds of protection. This was found to not be enough time to allow players to get out of their base to assume safe positions if the opposing team was employing meat-grinder tactics.

* Players now can attack while in the respawn invulnerability, however, the respawn protection is immediately canceled upon execution of the attack. This action also makes the player visible to all other players. Currently in the BETA, respawning players are not allowed to attack. As a result, many players found it impossible to defend their base during heavy spawn-camp engagements.

* Players' respawn invulnerability is immediately canceled if they mount a vehicle or turret.

* Players *are* allowed to climb ladders during the respawn invulnerability.

* Players' respawn invulnerability is immediately canceled if they collect a pickup.

* All of the above applicable respawn rules now apply to Aircraft in Dogfight gameplay modes.

We all agree that the meat-grinder spawn-camping is pretty bad in the BETA right now and our internal testing with this new functionality shows a *massive* improvement in the defendability of bases and, a huge decrease in respawn frustration :-)

More to come...

More pictures (this time official and from a direct feed not digi cam shot)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Source

Jeep Horn un nerf
Quote:
BETA Testers,

This is a simple change but one that many of you requested:

4x4 Horn:

* We added a horn to the 4x4 that is activated by pressing R1

* There is a different sound for Chernovan and Eucadia 4x4s

* There is a time limit tracked "under-the-hood" that prevents annoying horn abuse.

* The horn is played in full 7.1 surround *with* accurate Doppler simulation

Hey, just because it's a simple horn, doesn't mean that it shouldn't sound next-gen!

More to come...."Soon"

Stationary machinegun un nerf
Quote:
BETA Testers,

Our goal with the .50cal turrets was to have a good source of anti-troop defenses for bases and other bunkers that are scattered around the levels. As we all realized, the .50 cals were pretty much useless against troops. People could use them against 4x4s, Tanks and Aircraft, but they were straight up useless against troops. So...

.50cal Turret Changes:

* Aiming assist has been added to both the .50 call turret *and* the turret on the back of the 4x4. Our internal testing showed a huge difference in players being able to defend against incoming ground troops *and* provided some really fun drive-by opportunities when player roll-out with their friends.

* Fixed Armor rating and Hit-points on the turret geometry. Once we made the changes to the aiming, and our testers starting using the 50cal turrets more, we noticed that the turrets themselves seemed too tough. So now, players that mount 50cals will have access to strong firepower but are more susceptible to grenades and rockets.

We have noticed that holding bases that are equipped with these heavy machineguns is a lot more fun -- now that player can actually get kills with those weapons.

More to come..."Soon"

[regarding camera positions of 50 cal turrets in bunkers]
I forgot we fixed that as well. Our level scripters went through and corrected the camera settings for all 50 cals. The cameras in the BETA were awful -- they got caught on stuff too easily. Now they pull in closer to the character for better control and predictible firing arcs. We fixed this too -- just forgot to include it on the 50 cal post! :-)

Exp tnl adjustment Rank up requirements adjustment
Quote:
BETA Testers,

We took an initial "stab" at what the awards and rank requirements were going to be when we released the public BETA. Many of you responded that the ranks were too hard to get, especially when they were tied to ribbons, medals, badges, etc that were *too* had to achive. So, while the changes are too numerous to list here, We did make the following global changes:

Awards and Rank Balance:

* Ranks and Rank requirements have been completely adjusted to create a better progression.

* The very difficult award requirements that showed up early in the Rank progression have been removed or redistributed. For example, there was an early rank that required the Joint Service Commendation (10 kill streak). This is a hard ribbon for many players to get -- especially as a requirement for such a low rank.

* Point requirements for the Ranks have been adjusted.

* Requirements for all Medals, Ribbons, and Badges have been adjusted.

This may seem like a small thing, but many players, myself included, really dig on collecting these. And nothing is more frustrating that trying to get an award that is simply too tough to get -- it breaks the whole collection system.

More to come..."Soon"

Widescan? Co-pilot gone sight seeing
Quote:
BETA Testers,

Many of you have asked for a lot of different things for the Aircraft co-pilot slot -- tons of good ideas but I hope you can understand that many of them are just not feasible given how close we are. That said, the copilot does have a role it was just horribly busted in the BETA -- we have fixed it so it works properly.

Aircraft Co-Pilot Slot:

* When 2 players are in an aircraft, the co-pilot now has access to the enhanced mini-map that displays *all* blips. Eucadian and Chernovan troops, tanks, aircraft, etc. This allows 2 players to work together like a Fighter -AWACs plane.

We found that once this feature was fixed, players here in the studio would take on "eye-in-the-sky" roles -- helping call out attacks, incoming and coordinating teamwork from high above the battle.

Like I said, there are a lot of good ideas, but we're too late to add a tail gun :-) This was an easy fix to a feature that gives the co-pilot something to do.

More to come..."Soon"

More pictures (digi cam of an inferior HDtv and camera/camsettings).

Flak turret.
*Paradise sky
*Drinking the water in mexico
*Tunnel vision
*This is my pistol, there are none like it. It pwns my rifle for now until patch.
*Whazat?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:02 am 
Random Man

June 10,
CPS3 Encryption broken by the mame team! (coming soon, street fighter3 third strike online play via PC, and more CPS3 games)

http://haze.mameworld.info/2007/06/09/hmmmmmmmm/
Quote:
Wow, just wow.

CPS3 games:
Quote:
* JoJo no Kimyouna Bouken / JoJo's Venture (1998)
o JoJo no Kimyouna Bouken Miraie no Isan / JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (1999)
* Street Fighter III: New Generation (1997)
o Street Fighter III, 2nd Impact: Giant Attack (1998)
o Street Fighter III, 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future (1999)
* Warzard / Red Earth (1996)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HL2 Insurgency mod.
*Middle Eastern city map
*Soldiers skins/modles
*More pictures of a worn down city
*ditto
*demolished building

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=67489
check out the trailer
Insurgency (INS) is a total conversion mod for Valve Software's' Half-Life 2, powered by the Source Engine. INS immerses the player in an intense online combat experience. Set on the modern battlefields, Insurgency simulates infantry combat that encourages the use of teamwork and tactics to close with and destroy the enemy.

Basic Features...
free total conversion, only half-life 2 and steam required
chain of command
commanders assign objectives and give waypoints
morale
morale scoring system to set high value on teamplay
customizable gameplay
"insurgency map configuration" system for server-side map customization
reinforcement waves
unique reinforcement wave system
depth of realism
iron sights, free aim, ricochet, bullet penetration, weapon weights, and more
no bullsh*t hud or crosshairs
only see what's important, when it's important
weapon caches
used for rearming on the battlefield, destroyable by the other team
global stats
a simple forum signup keeps track of your stats forever
network
a comprehensive "ins.network" will cover all your insurgency needs

http://www.insmod.net/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next