It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Nintendo DS Web Browser
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:27 am 
Orcish Spamerizer

I decided to walk into the brand new GameStop that opened up across from my job and saw this thing on the shelf brand new.

Quote:
Enjoy quick, easy and portable access to the web via your Nintendo DS!

Features

DS Web Browser offers added functionality to your Nintendo DS
Blog, check sports scores, and get the latest news in the palm of your hand
Dual screen offers a much larger portable browsing experience than a cell phone or a personal digital assistant
Customize your experience, disabling images to speed load times and altering the presentation to preserve the original page's layout or to maximize the screen space and readability on your DS
Navigation's a breeze with the touch screen!
You can access the web via your home wireless internet connection or any hot-spot access point. Look for more information on the DS Browser soon!

http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=ZRIHM-K7C6pLPkN--ZjWFInT-vIEngbV

I was curious at 1st as to why but then I realized Nintendo has done more then enough freaky shit with the older Gameboys so this shouldn't have come as a surprise seeing the damn thing is Wi-Fi ready.

Now I was about to buy it but I saw in TINY print on the box that the unit only works for the DS-Lite and to actually get one for my OLD DS system, I'd have to order direct from Nintendo.com.

I'm kind of put-off seeing as I spent $129.00 bones for a DS and seeing it slowly get pushed off for the DS-Lite when it's pretty much the same god damn thing.

Anyways has anyone even picked this up yet? I'd love to hear some impressions on how well the browser works.

~S N K

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:29 pm 
Lost Gaiters

PSP got dropped to 170 including a halfassed web browser that squishes everything together

I doubt the DS's browser can/will be much different, and if anything, is supplementing the lack of base handheld cost with a secondary cost for an add-on to browse the web on a screen half the size of the PSP's.
Yes I know there are two of them, but that seems like it'd make it even harder to read

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:04 pm 
Better than Kooyo

if they would only make videos that require flash work on the psp everything would be awesome..

does it work on DS?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:56 pm 
Tunnel Worm

I've only heard one thing SNK....it's slow. as. hell. You'll get your pages but for some reason it takes like 10x longer than normal even with the broadband that wifi allows for.

Was told 'get it only if you're desperate' so yea....

Haven't tried it myself mind you....same situation...no dslite =\

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:15 am 
Lost Gaiters

So... storytime perhaps.

While on my vacation I went to a bowling alley one night. But this was no normal bowling alley. It was a bowling alley slash skating rink slash arcade slash pool hall; aside from the skating, I loved this place. After an hour and a half of bowling gutterball after spare after gutterball, as I was about to leave, I decided to check the arcade out. There weren't many games of interest at all in there, except one. I took a $5 bill out of my pocket and walked over to the change-machine and got my 20 quarters and walked over to some nameless machine that had no English on it whatsoever, just a bunch of Japanese instructions, and thankfully, pictures. I watched some people in front of me try out the game to save myself a few tries at blindly figure it out. When they were gone, it was my turn! The object of the game was to stack little horizontal-moving blocks vertically for 15 levels to reach the 'MAJOR PRIZE' level. The first 3 tries I ended up getting to the 'MINOR PRIZE' level and, not knowing the button to the far right was a Continue button (Japanese writing etc) so I won some crappy trinkets. On the 4th try though, I found the continue button and made it all the way to the top of the board to the 'MAJOR PRIZE' level. Four tries, four dollars, one Nintendo DS Lite Onyx for me. The girls beside me started actually freaking out with "OMG DID YOU JUST WIN THAT?!?" and they started handing me handfuls of quarters to play the game for them. But I was like hey fuck that. So I play a few rounds for the girls attempting to get at least close to the top, but failed in the end. Oh well, I got mine!

So now I don't know what games are even decent for the handheld but winning a $130.00 DS for $4.00 sure made my week.

(I had no idea where else to put this Sad Thread title was related!)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:33 am 
Random Man

Were the chix hott or were they little kids lol. Sorry i had to ask. For me and for john.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:02 pm 
Lost Gaiters

they looked to be like 14ish, and not hot D;

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:27 pm 
Peaches 'n Cream

IT READ LIEK POETRY!