It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:38 pm 
Random Man

I came across a picture of a NM I had fond memories fighting and got the idea to (gasp) make another thread. The idea of this game is fighting things with others in the mix if you want. It's the fun thing to do. So what is one of your favorite fights in the game, and what's your story?

------------
Mine is the sam af bird in LoO. I went in having a bit of experience with it from a long time ago with helping a friend with af via juno shout hoping they would help me with mine. Now I'm 75 and have sam leveled to the point of this nm. I remember nothing about this fight so I got every emergency equipment from my coffer of tricks (except for rr, I thought). I'm a thf, king kong aint got nothing on me.

The fight started smooth 10 seconds in and it's not taking any of my shadows. As I fed it more tp bam, horde lullaby. Took my shadows and put me to sleep. Then all of a sudden it ate sushi and hit me here and there. Would sleep me at the most stupid times for me and do magical attacks that I can't avoid or some multi hit move. I held my own even though I paniced quite a bit. Then I was down to 10% and notice I didn't have bloody bolts. I was more worried about staying alive than damaging it, but now I'm forced to fight straight up.

What am I doing, this is a low level joke nm I'm dying to. As my life flash before my daggers I smile and nod to the bird. We're both within a inch of our life. It's anybody's win at the moment. The bird put me to sleep, and have a miss fest. If only a ant could bite my dude to wake me up for one last hit. The bird hits me with a crit, then hits me again before I could even start a round (stupid delay). I'm eating dirt wile thinking, oooooh booy, i'm so coming back for you. GG my friend GG. I came back with poison potion and murdered his face. Best feeling in the game.

<3 soro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:53 pm 
Eden Alumni

Tbh, this isn't really my story but.....

This all goes back to my pre-Eden days, roughly before Christmas 2004. I has just made Scorsese, ditching my crap WHM 57 taru, and I was leveling BLM in the dunes. Standing at the guard near the Konschtat Higlands, I saw an all too familiar mob from my taru WHM days.....Marchelute, the NM for WHM AF1. Now my first thought was 'wtf is he doing way over here?! (as most of you know, Marchelute is located on the secret beach which is WAY on the other end of the dunes). Anyways, someone trained him there and he was going on a killing rampage, taking down lots and lots of nabs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms97odGnNtY

The above link is proof of the massacre. And if you look closely, you can spot little 'ol me near the guard w/ my Matrix pearl on. :>

Ahhh...the good 'ol days.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:10 pm 
Random Man

Hah awesome. Poor guy that tried to be brave and fight the nm at level 15 near the end (Drk).

As a follow up to my post and scors' youtube, my over prepaired fight for the dunes secret beach sam nms.
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:30 pm 
Cock atrice

Absolute Virtue.

That is all. <.<a

... at sex, at least. ;oa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:31 am 
President

solo claim nidhogg on DRK and kite to survive

being accused by a random retard in UP, of all shells, of botting the pull (I think it was lolflokk)

the add pt invites me because the main ally was too slow (i think it was kobalt who invited me)

main alliance gets it

nidhogg is at about 50 percent and Teslas brings the rose

killer curebombs teslas and invincibles, drags the rose away

teslas gets hate back and tries to flail us some more

he sucks and fails

killer gets mbody

later, teslas gets banned for something else and dumbasses boo-hoo over how it was unfair how he got banned

good riddance to bad rubbish etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:45 am 
Gender Illusionist

I died to that SAM af feet bird, that thing SPAMMED horde lullaby, then Eudon came and duo'd it with me :< useless shitty boots too D:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:39 am 
Random Man

Hah Mert. What a day that was. Hated that Testical dude. I would post a picture of that nid with the rose on top of it but I has a headache and am not at the PC.

Amy wut you talking bout? Those boots had 5 evasion skill. Thf wish they had 5 evasion skill boots.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:18 am 
President

why was that bird hard

I basically solo'd it on drk/nin for a friend long ago, just had the brd with me

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:46 am 
Random Man

It's sleepga isn't a tp ability I think, it spams it and if you don't have poison/someone to wake you it's trouble.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:45 pm 
Cock atrice

Location: At YOUR local bike shop...doing what you KNOW I do!
My favorite HNM memory was when we were fighting Nidhogg a few months back, and we had a new RDM join, can't remember his name (he's gone now...) it started with a B and was a friend of Gilean's. Anyway, we were for some reason having a lot of trouble and the entire alliance had wiped...save for this brave young man. He mustered all the power he could and harnessed a masterful strike of Thunder III upon Nidhogg, thusly, slaying the beast and saving everyone from certain humiliation...I shall think of better ones I'm sure, but I still like this one!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:04 am 
Lost Gaiters

Only Pale could make taking a shit sound like an epic adventure through his overuse of technical grammar.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:51 am 
Gender Illusionist

Palerider wrote:
My favorite HNM memory was when we were fighting Nidhogg a few months back, and we had a new RDM join, can't remember his name (he's gone now...) it started with a B and was a friend of Gilean's. Anyway, we were for some reason having a lot of trouble and the entire alliance had wiped...save for this brave young man. He mustered all the power he could and harnessed a masterful strike of Thunder III upon Nidhogg, thusly, slaying the beast and saving everyone from certain humiliation...I shall think of better ones I'm sure, but I still like this one!

Becko, he quit, rejoined, quit, rejoined, then vanished..

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:45 am 
Cock atrice

Palerider wrote:

we had like 7 people up, that was the one that EX or UP claimed and held for 40 minutes at 100% before wiping

we had very little time before the rage after claiming and barely won, thats why we were in trouble

it died less than 1 minute to raging

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:23 am 
President

Juvant wrote:
Palerider wrote:

we had like 7 people up, that was the one that EX or UP claimed and held for 40 minutes at 100% before wiping

we had very little time before the rage after claiming and barely won, thats why we were in trouble

it died less than 1 minute to raging

ex had it for 30 min or so

then lp had it for 5 min or so

they both did nothing but sleep (and sleepga, lawl) it the whole time, so we also couldnt sleep it to recover a bit at any point.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:03 pm 
Orcish Spamerizer

I would have to say one of my more favorite moments was dealing with an idiot named Tbest. During December 2004 to January 2006 I camped a NM known as Boroka.

This thing was probably my biggest money maker ever seeing as I camped it almost everyday during that peroid. Anyways, It was after the servers had came back up and we of course logged in the zone before they went down. Boroka was up when the server came back up and we started killing it.

We usually did it 4 man with a NIN THF WHM and SMN seeing as we had gotten so god damn good at killing this mob we were at a point we could kill it slowly with 3 people. Well it's at 15% and looking in the zone I see that Tbest just came into the place with 12 other people some of which I knew and some I didn't know.

I think he was there for something else but we finished off the mob and got full drops that day so it was all good. We suspected he might be coming to us seeing as he got claim off us only once and CFH'd it with 13 people on the mob because they had no fucking clue how to kill the mob.

We all took our claim positions the moment Tbest & Co zone in thru the SD. He was of course after everyone was there started talking shit to us which we of course ignored him for the most part with a few jibes here and there. After a few minutes we all decided to go afk and just leave our characters there while those idiots were spamming for claim on a mob we had just killed.

I recall going to the store for 2 hours, coming back and they were still there spamming claim. There were some good times of MPKing RMTs and fucking them over as well with shared hate claim or standing over them forcing them to get eaten by Hoof Volley because they couldn't get away fast enough.

Sadly now Boroka is cock-blocked by RMTs and they've literally been at it all the time in their fashion not letting anyone else get a shot at him. I used to enjoy those small 3 hour uncontested windows where we would sit and just talk or kill mobs outside the SD for skillups or just buffer.

RMTs have really shit on this game and the fact that people still buy gil only makes the crap worse. I really loved ffxi back in '03/'04 when the only thing I had to worry about was pissing off a BST.

~S N K

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:16 pm 
Random Man

Nice post SNK. Gilsellers screwed things up for me also. I can only get back at them by camping citipali for gil and to kill them when they fight corses. They dare not claim citi and live when I'm around unless they have a punk blm with the ability to stun dance macabre. I had fun killing them while they did dumb stuff as I leveled bst through areas. The first thing gilsellers screwed me in was stroper chyme. All those Numbers showed up when I could finally solo farm archers. Got 20 before they showed up, all but one split rings, 1 I gave to the whm because he wanted r3. This game sucks because of the rmt, fact (among other things like bots, and king pop situations).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:15 pm 
Orcish Spamerizer

Well there really isn't much that can be done about RMTs seeing as players we have little to no control on the actions of those people who are on the game trying to constantly break the ToS with Real money trade.

I've realized that it's not worth going after them unless it's just so easy to kill em with little to no effort. I'm content the RMTs have not had the balls to play in Dragon's Aery seeing as I'm sure they realize the entire server would fucking unite to kill them dead.

Shame that Behemoth is still whored out. Maybe it's time SE just stopped making the damn fucking thing drop hides because that's the only reason RMTs even fucking come to BD anymore.

~S N K

P.S. In refrence to my 1st post you'd think they would have figured out we killed the mob already due to the fact Boroka grants a title when you kill him.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:01 pm 
Random Man

I remember Therin got us like that once. There was no exchange of words or anything other than us showing up to another Sim camp. We got there like 10mins late. Must have popped right when window opened. We thought it couldn't have popped cause no one gets that lucky, and they was still out there camping (really afk and moving around every once in a while). We got owned when the window was down. Amylea was there I think. Couldn't do anything but laugh at ourself. They might have had the title (I dont usually check people especially at camps) but I think they got the one the previous day. I'm still on my KB title from months ago (although I did cancel account right after, and I just got back in game like last thursday).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:16 am 
Juggernaut Search & Rescue

this one time... o nvm...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:27 am 
Random Man

Drks don't fight in amazing fights. Must have been dreaming huh suka?