It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:48 am 
Peaches 'n Cream

Job Adjustments and Additions Part II (30/03/2009)

In this second half of the announcement on job adjustments and additions planned for the April version update, we present to you a delectable array of changes that are bound to change the way you buff and summon!

Red Mage
The new job ability "Composure" and a new line of En- type magic spells will be added.

- Composure
    (Lv.50 Ability Delay: 5 min. Duration: 5 min.)
    Increases accuracy and lengthens recast time. Enhancement effects gained through white and black magic you cast on yourself last longer.

- Notes
    Activating Composure will impose a recast time penalty upon all magic, songs, and ninjutsu.

- En- Type Spells
    Enfire II (Lv.58) / Enblizzard II (Lv.56) / Enaero II (Lv.54) / Enstone II (Lv.52) / Enthunder II (Lv.50) / Enwater II (Lv.60)
    Adds elemental damage to your initial attacks (subsequent blows by characters for whom multiple attacks are possible do not receive this effect). Each successive activation increases elemental damage strength up to a predetermined limit. Reduces the target's resistance against the associated element.

Example) Enfire II: Adds fire damage to your initial attacks and reduces the target's resistance against water.

Summoner
Changes are scheduled for the following Blood Pact abilities:

- The effective range for Blood Pact: Ward area of effect enhancing and healing abilities will be increased and become equivalent to that of white magic spells such as "Protectra."

- Blood Pact: Ward "Hastega"
    The Blood Pact: Ward ability "Hastega" will be adjusted to nullify the effects of Slow in the same manner as the white magic "Haste."

- Blood Pact: Rage
    Meteor Strike / Geocrush / Wind Blade / Grand Fall / Heavenly Strike / Thunderstorm
    Both damage and TP-based damage dealt by the above abilities will be increased.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:01 pm 
Italian #1

composure the new ES? :dunno:

Kooyo wrote:
I too will shut up

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:43 pm 
Back Sheep

EL OH EL

Talk about lackluster.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:33 pm 
R0 Super Kiterâ„¢

lolrdm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:44 pm 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

:lmao:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:36 pm 
Random Man

Man what the crap! What the crap!

Dude.. :complain:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:45 pm 
Random Man

Ok I've thought about it for a few minutes and calmed down. I'm just in disbelief that rdm got screwed like this. After seeing whm, a job that get buffs left and right, get an awesome job adjustment yet again I was expecting rdm to get at least something on par. Rdm hardly ever get anything, and I think this is like a back slap to the face. What the crap were they thinking? The accu+ will have to be like 200, and the duration of the spells will have to be 10mins + to consider using them, which in turn slow down casting on every other spell.

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHhhh what the crap SE What WHAT WHAAAAT!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:57 pm 
Not really long

The last buff I can think of whm getting other than /sch, which doesnt really count is that sleep spell. What other updates have there been that ive missed?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:07 pm 
Random Man

Maybe it's because I haven't played in a while, but I remember whm getting a lot of stuff, even before the sleep thing, and most likely before the job merit 2 stuff. RDM never got anything. WHM was like SAM and PLD, always getting stuff.

Incoming next update.

PLD Shield smack 2, refresh 2, and a terror JA.

SAM more stuff.

Mnk use tp to reduce the mob tp some (bad ratio).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:06 pm 
Goblin Smithy

:complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:13 pm 
Random Man

Finally, someone that truly understands, the backwardness of this rdm job update. It's like some big joke.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:50 pm 
Goblin Smithy

I direct you to this post at BG.

:plain:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:00 pm 
Not really long

Least they get something, unlike Blm. (So far I guess)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:00 pm 
Hexabox Aspirant

Wooo new enspells for campaign. :yes:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:32 pm 
Random Man

If you're in a group that need refresh (which most of they time you are) this ability will screw up your main role (unless RDMs have been freed from the refresh ho role). I hear RDMs tank a lot now that I'm gone, so i'm not up to speed (there's a pun in there I bet. Not intended). Do rdms have some awesome new role that don't require cure assisting, or Refreshing? Because on HNMs that's pretty much all rdms do. Sure there is nuking for fun on fafhogg if you're decked out for it.

If they're afraid of over powering RDM by letting them do something other than support, what's the deal with blu, and from what I understand Sch?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:36 pm 
Goblin Smithy

Boba:

BLM has, at least, gotten quite a lot of equipment that better-enables them to do what they do best.
...and what has RDM gained apart from all that BLM has gained? Both jobs were given new spells and nothing more. If nothing else, BLMs should be sympathetic with Red Mages. This update is similar to the update in which BLMs received Scythe skill. Huzzah.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:48 pm 
Random Man

Well rdm got JSE to match the BLM JSE. Gotta love that wise gear. It makes you look smart as well.

This picture is a double punchline. SE has humor.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:40 am 
Faggot

rdm is already gewd

stfu ploid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:49 am 
Not really long

Dragir wrote:
Boba:

BLM has, at least, gotten quite a lot of equipment that better-enables them to do what they do best.
...and what has RDM gained apart from all that BLM has gained? Both jobs were given new spells and nothing more. If nothing else, BLMs should be sympathetic with Red Mages. This update is similar to the update in which BLMs received Scythe skill. Huzzah.

Rdm has plenty of stuff gearwise, and is good enough in merit and skill that it can be used to solo numerous sky gods and deal 1k MBs to fafnir and niddhog given the chance, as well as supporting partys when needed. 95% of blm gear is obtainable through the ah, meaning that end game for blms gets pretty pointless pretty quickly, I had 90% of my gear before I joined eden, and another 5% of that gear Ive bought or crafted myself since. Random resists and monsters that cut our damage by 75%+ suck dick, and is a lazy way for SE to make a monster more "difficult". A single merit camp which becomes overcrowded very quickly and provides shitty xp/h unless youre lucky enough to have a free camp and pimped out blms that know how to stagger the kills is total fail. (Yes, I would consider adding a decent area for blms to xp in a blm update, even if not worded as such) A total of maybe 6 spells through 2 elements we use in group fights regularly and maybe 8 or 9 (T3, gravity etc..) we can use when soloing. Gear includes Morrigans, Novio, and Gaiters that truely improve the things we do, obvious choices at merits, and very little in the way of JAs or special abilities. Blms havent got anything specific that I can remember since I started playing, Novio all jobs, Morrigans is equipable by rdms also, and Gaiters have multiple jobs on too. Theres not really been any blm specific updates in awhile.
Im not saying this update doesnt suck, Im just saying that an update wasnt really needed in the first place, and they shouldve just left it to avoid all the obvious bitching that would occur.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:29 am 
Better than Kooyo

2 ways to make this update not suck as much would be to remove the restriction on enspells with joyeuse/justice etc
and make the extended buff timers apply to all pt members, ie have like refresh/haste on 4+min or something ....
does SE realize that by the time u refresh the 6th person in your party, your refresh wears off? this JA would jus make things harder than without it ...