It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New Nyzul Relic Info~!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:20 pm 
Better than Kooyo

http://bluegartrls.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60849

Quote:
I'm not sure someone posted this already, but it seems as if information about Nyzul weapons is finally being released. Multiple sources have the information about single weapons, but they did release general information as well.

I'll go ahead an see if I can link tho the different sites providing the information since it's best to hear it straight fromt he people it was given to.

General Information - Allakhazam
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10;mid=1217058752319445439;num=29;page=1

Allakhazam.com has exciting new information about Nyzul Isle weapons, released at the 2008 Premier Site Summit Friday at Square Enix headquarters in El Segundo, Calif.

A battlefield challenge will be added in the next version update as the final step to receive the Nzyul Isle relics. Also, the cost in Alexandrites to obtain the relic weapons will be reduced, and changes are planned to make collecting the currency easier.

Players will also be able to acquire new weaponskills with the relic weapons, and the new skills will be usable even without the relic weapon being equipped. However, the weaponskills will give players additional benefits if used with the relic weapons equipped. The Nyzul relic weapons are not designed to be the most hard-hitting weapons in the game; rather, they are meant to enhance the defining traits of each job.

Premier sites were given a chance to view seven of these amazing new weaponskills. The best part is, adventurers too busy to get a relic weapon will still be able to obtain the weaponskills through other means.

More details about the relic weapons will be released Sunday, with full summit details to follow soon after, including first-hand accounts of the red mage sword Murgleis -- tested for the very first time by Allakhazam’s own Pikko and Thayos! Be sure to tune in to the Premier Site Summit discussion on The Mog House this Sunday from 5 - 7 PM.

PUP Source - Stratics
http://ffxi.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=28407

Ever since the Nyzul Isle Investigation Assault mission made its way to consoles and PCs worldwide on March of 2007, a certain set of weapons has been taunting the playerbase, their unique models and mysterious lack of abilities serving to tantalize anyone with Assault access and a 75 job. At the Fan Festival that year, these weapons were confirmed to be used to obtain the mysterious Nyzul Isle relic weapons.

Now, at the 2008 Premiere Site Summit, it was revealed by Square-Enix that not only were these Nyzul Isle relics coming soon, but that they would be in the September update.

Content editor Banhammer was able to try out one such relic weapon -- the Kenkonken hand-to-hand weapons, intended for use by Puppetmasters. He reports that, like the existing Dynamis relics, the Kenkonken does introduce a unique weapon skill for Puppetmasters -- a six-hit weaponskill that deals a surprising amount of damage, with an animation deserving of its relic status.

While these stats and the accompanying weapon skill are subject to change before the September release, certain features still jump to the attentive reader's attention. The damage per second is, while still more than respectable, lower than on the Monk's fully realized Dynamis relic, the Spharai. This is intentional, Square-Enix explained at the summit, as the Nyzul Isle relics are intended to focus less on raw damage and more on enhancing the abilities of the job. In the case of the Kenkonken, this is manifested in both the improved Martial Arts trait and the reduced overload rate for automatons.

While Nyzul Isle relics are still likely to be as attention-grabbing as Dynamis, puppetmasters desperate for the new weaponskill should not feel forced to grind 50,000 Alexandrite -- a daunting task, even with the increased drop rates coming as well with the September content update. Rather, the new weaponskill will be available through a quest, similar to that which earns the Asuran Fists weaponskill.

This does not mean that those who do put the effort in for the Kenkonken and other Nyzul relics will feel cheated, however. The new "Aftermath" ability grants a relic wielder special buffs in the wake of the weaponskill being performed. As shown above, the Kenkonken's Aftermath improves the puppetmaster's attack and accuracy. The strength of this buff is designed to vary based on how much TP is acquired prior to the weaponskill being used.

More information on the many announcements at the 2008 Premier Site Summit will appear on Final Fantasy XI Stratics this weekend.

ImageImageImageImage

DRG Source - FFXIclopedia
http://forums.ffxiclopedia.org/viewtopic.php?f=0&t=14224

Each of the premiere sites that attending the summit this year has been assigned a new Nyzul Isle relic weapon to report on. FFXIclopedia was assigned the Dragoon weapon named Ryunohige. The weapon statistics we were given are not finalized and may change before it's release. We were fortunate enough to even give these new weapons and their associated weapon skills a test drive on the Atomos server. We even got to try this new weapon out before the Square Enix QA team got their hands on it. This is raw info right from the devs. Here's the run down on the DRG weapon:

Enhances Jump effect, cool right? There's a little more to that effect than meets the eye. It looks like it turns your Jumps into automatic crits! Finally a little love the DRGs. Next you see "Aftermath". What's that all about you say? Well, when you perform the new weapon skill with the new relic weapon, you get the Aftermath effect. Allow me to mention that the new weaponskills are not bound to the new weapons. In fact, once you learn the new weaponskill you can use it with any weapon of that class - even a level 1 weapon (this does not mean you can use it at level 1, but you can use it with a level 1 weapon). Also.... and this is big news... the new weaponskills will be obtainable without upgrading a Nyzul Isle relic weapon. Whoa, I know. So here's what the new weapon and the new weaponskill look like:

I even snagged a video of this in action. You heard about the DRG relic weapon here first folks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HvgTvpF-yw

Now, if you want to check out the other Nyzul Isle relic weapons that we learned about at the summit, you'll have to check out the other premiere sites to see their assigned weapons. Here is who got what. I will update this post to link directly to them as they update their sites:

Allakhazam: RDM
Vault: THF
Warcry: DNC
Stratics: PUP
Onlinewelten (German): COR
JeuxOnline (French): WHM

THF Source - FFXI Vault
http://vnboards.ign.com/forums/b1/108032004

hats right today was a big day for the FFVault right now we are sitting in the lobby in Califoria with Pikko and the Warcry staff hanging out and working on our news posts together. It's getting we'll cover some of our major headlines from the premier site summit as well as some things that can be expected to come.

Some of the highlights from the day include
- Announment of Nyzul weapon final upgrade
- Amount of Alexanderites needed for relic upgrade will be getting lowered
- An exclusive on the Thief Nyzul dagger to only be found on the FFVault
- Change regarding the cost of some instances
- Answers to many of the questions that were posed by the community (not just us)
- Exciting news on events

Many more new things all to be announced tomorrow

Posted from FF Vault

RDM Source - Allakhazam
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/

Nothing given yet

COR Source - Onlinewelten (German)
http://ffxi.onlinewelten.com/

Nothing given yet

WHM Source - JeuxOnline (French)
http://ffxi.jeuxonline.info/actualites/19684.html

General Information and patch info

ot sure if anyone has seen anything in addition to this, but I'm interested in learning about all of them.

Last edited by Safersephx on Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:31 pm 
Better than Kooyo

Other info:
Quote:
A battlefield challenge will be added in the next version update as the final step to receive the Nzyul Isle relics. Also, the cost in Alexandrites to obtain the relic weapons will be reduced, and changes are planned to make collecting the currency easier.

Players will also be able to acquire new weaponskills with the relic weapons, and the new skills will be usable even without the relic weapon being equipped. However, the weaponskills will give players additional benefits if used with the relic weapons equipped. The Nyzul relic weapons are not designed to be the most hard-hitting weapons in the game; rather, they are meant to enhance the defining traits of each job.

Premier sites were given a chance to view seven of these amazing new weaponskills. The best part is, adventurers too busy to get a relic weapon will still be able to obtain the weaponskills through other means.

More details about the relic weapons will be released Sunday, with full summit details to follow soon after

Quote:
Highlights of Q&A Session with FFXI Development Team

- The ability to rapidly exchange campaign tags will be adjusted to discourage players who spam songs and self-buffs to gain experience in campaign.

- A security feature is being planned similar to the Account Authenticator device created by Blizzard.

- Dynamis costs will be reduced in next version update.

- An addition to the battle system is being planned to encourage melee and mage jobs to work together to coordinate attacks.

- The development team is considering revealing hidden food effects, but some effects will remain hidden.

- Campaign in the cities is intended to reflect the harsh times of the Crystal War, but adjustments are planned to keep certain NPCs, such as the warp NPC, from disappearing during battle.

- More job adjustments are planned, but no adjustments are planned for puppetmaster.

- Square Enix is working on improving the account recovery process.

- There are no plans to enhance the Square Enix-sanctioned windower.

- Winning numbers for the Mog Bonanza lottery were randomly chosen, and the process was strictly supervised to prevent any improprieties. Participation in the lottery was a huge success and the event will likely be repeated next year.

- A new scheme is being created to help low- and mid-level players gain experience.

- No immediate plans are in place to increase the number of weapons players can merit.

- Group 1 merits are planned to be added soon for Scholar and Dancer.

- Additional rewards will not be added to notorious monster bosses on floors 20, 40, 60 and 80 of Nyzul Isle assaults.

- The development team is against the concept of transferring content IDs because the feature could possibly be exploited by RMT.

- It may be possible in the future for players to change their faces and hairstyles.

- Chocobos will soon be added to the WoTG areas.

- A hint is in the PlayOnline topics banner about new relic armor for recently added job.

- More sellable gear is planned to be introduced as the RMT threat declines.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:40 pm 
Eden Alumni

I orgasmed both at all this interesting information, but also the fact that Safer posted it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:57 pm 
Crustache

Scorsese wrote:
I orgasmed both at all this interesting information, but also the fact that Safer posted it.

^

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:52 pm 
Orcish Spamerizer

Darkwarrior wrote:
Scorsese wrote:

^

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:27 pm 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

who cares :void:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:53 pm 
Eden Alumni

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:47 pm 
Geman Coast Guard

ah btw i was one of the person who was able to play with this new weapons :P

and all the other stuff on alla etc was from the Summit i was at ^^

cor pictures online btw

Have a WHM in the RNG/DD party down in the line of fire to help keep them alive after Spear inevitably hits them because they're idiots with tiny attention spans.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:22 pm 
Better than Kooyo

wow gg seiriem

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:23 pm 
Goblin Smithy

Last edited by Dragir on Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:36 pm 
lolmithrapld

Seiriem wrote:
ah btw i was one of the person who was able to play with this new weapons :P

and all the other stuff on alla etc was from the Summit i was at ^^

cor pictures online btw

I DONT FKN CARE, WHERE ARE MY PIRATES :complain: :complain: :complain:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:22 pm 
Geman Coast Guard

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff212/Seiriem/Corsair_03.jpg

Have a WHM in the RNG/DD party down in the line of fire to help keep them alive after Spear inevitably hits them because they're idiots with tiny attention spans.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:47 pm 

wut did you say

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:52 pm 
Ice is strong against fire!!

ItsSeflol wrote:

wut did you say

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:58 am 
Peaches 'n Cream

So, WHm has permenant Divine Veil... Rdm has Enhances Convert...

Wonder if Blm will have Permenant Elemental Seal :Q........

Fucking WORTH getting if it does... But lolno15%dmgboosttonukesandsuch.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:35 am 

SAM gets use a WS and everything including PCs and NPCs die in the area.
PLD gets infinite Sentinel.
NIN gets an enhanced Sange effect. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:27 pm 
Random Man

Image Image

Now someone on fairy get these so I can watch videos of them being used and call it a day for all your hard work.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:55 am 
Ice is strong against fire!!

ItsSeflol wrote:

I lol'd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:08 am 
Italian #5

Mrdude wrote:
ItsSeflol wrote:

I lol'd

me2 :fag:

Only for you, I would walk
In infinity
I would face
Eternity with you
Only for you