It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:27 pm 
Peaches 'n Cream

Battle System Improvements (22/02/2008)

Improvements to the battle system have been scheduled for the next version update.

Battle Music
Up until now, battle music would only be triggered when the player executes the "attack" command on an enemy. This has meant that battle music is not triggered when other commands, such as "magic," are used instead.

The development team has made considerations for battle music to be triggered based on factors such as distance from the enemy, and whether or not a party member is engaged in battle. However, it was raised that triggers that would cause unexpected and abrupt changes in BGM would not be well received by our players.
Furthermore, depending on platform, sound playback can be a hardware intensive process. Frequent changes in music would result in lowered hardware performance, e.g. a delay in log messages. For these reasons, the battle music system has been left untouched until now.

For the next version update, however, our programmers have been working hard to make improvements to the battle music system become reality. These adjustments should allow battle music to play if you are within the vicinity of a party member currently engaged with an enemy, even if you yourself have not executed the "attack" command. This way, even those who play with long range attack characters such as mages, will not have to miss out on an essential atmospheric element in the game. While it may not be possible to account for all scenarios, due to the nearly limitless ways in which battles can be initiated; we believe this will improve things significantly.

Monster Name Text Color
A new text color will be added to monster names, in order to differentiate those that are engaged with an alliance member as opposed to those engaged with players from another party. The names of monsters being engaged by an alliance member will now be displayed as reddish-purple.

Macro and Marker Data
Until now, it has been possible to store character macro and marker data only on the hard disk drives of players' game machines. However, the next version update will make it possible to also store this data on PlayOnline's servers. Now you can enjoy the convenience of using your very own user-defined macros no matter where you go!

Nothing amazingly groundbreaking, and to be honest I think the activation of Battle music will piss me off because I prefer the zone music that the repetition of battle music (hense the Mage jobs lawlz). However, macro's that are stored on SE's end I think will please a lot of people, meaning you can have and play on multiple computers with the same set of macros.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:00 pm 
Hexabox Aspirant

Aemora wrote:
Now you can enjoy the convenience of using your very own user-defined macros no matter where you go!

Almost 6 fucking years later...

\_/ to the rest of the useless changes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:10 pm 
Norwegian Bombshell

\_/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:41 pm 
Crustache

inc SE cracking down on everyone who uses windower macros caus they'll be able to see that most macros are just //equipthissetofarmor lol

also YAY for finally being able to see ally mob and pt mob x.x

now we just need more shit like <bt> (for pt for example) and something like <at> for alliance target

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:46 pm 
Cock atrice

More interested in that mob in the picture than the news.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:48 pm 
Gender Illusionist

wasnt that one of the mobs they first showed when they made the toau site, it still hasn't been released? :spin: (i dont have wotg, idk rly.-.)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:49 pm 
Goblin Smithy

Yeah, those mobs are in game already. Bunch of em down in pashow [S]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:52 pm 
Cock atrice

Never seen them. :cat:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:00 pm 
Random Man

They drop the mad loot and give 200 exp per second. That's why you don't hear about them. No one is dumb enough to say anyth.. oh ur.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:37 pm 
President

They're in pashowS and Ghi'Ghi Rockchopper summons them in campaign battles. They're like Rams/UFOs/other mobs I dont remember atm that give an exp bonus higher than their level.

You know how a mob like Gration can randomly intimidate you? Imagine that but with petrification instead of terror. Thats what fighting a Peiste is like.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:04 pm 
Ice is strong against fire!!

yay, after me spending hours building macros on my laptops. :x

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:08 pm 
Galkan Sausage

i thought peistse petrificiation was caused by a certain tp stance they had where their eyes would glow and worked like a gaze attack. either way, sucky for merits.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:22 pm 
lolmithrapld

still need to farm those peiste for a skin and they suk