It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:32 am 
Starbucks Barista

Hi
I've had XBL for a while, but I just recently moved and my router is downstairs. But I have wireless set up but I don't wanna pay 100 bucks for a wireless card for xbox 360.. But my PC is right next to my xbox sooo...
I heard somewhere that you can plug your xbox into your PC and basically share it's wireless internet. I'm sure it'll be slower, but it beats playing downstairs with my little brothers and sisters.

My question: Anyone know if this is true? And if so how?
I'm using windows vista atm btw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:18 pm 
Hexabox Aspirant

Yep, that works. No clue how to do it in Vista tho.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:38 pm 
Cock atrice

ive never heard of being able to do that with any system or PC or mac or anything.
I guess check the xbox website, and troubleshoot it or call in.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:17 am 
Lost Gaiters

http://halobit.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1088

Quote:
If you need to connect to xbox live wirelessly, and don't want to waste the 100 bucks on a wireless thing, this is the tut for you!

Easy to do and saves you $100.00, if you have a laptop with a wireless card, or any kind of PC with 2 ethernet ports that is connected to the internet.

1. Select Control Panel/Network Connections and while hovering over Network Connections, right click and choose Open. This will open a panel that should list your network connections.

This image shows all my existing network connections. Yours may not have the same adapters. The two adapters that matter are your wireless adapter and your Ethernet adapter. They will have different names than mine because I have renamed them from their default values. I have highlighted the two adapters in the graphic below.

2. If you have both Ethernet and wireless adapters (and you must in order for this to work), then both of them will be listed in the Network Connections panel. Using the ctrl-click selection method or the drag-area method, select both adapters.

3. Right-click one of the adapters and select the Bridge Connections option.

4. You will see a notification that the bridge is being built. This may take a few moments.

5. Once the bridge is complete, you will see the bridge icon and the network adapters as shown below:

6. The bridge is only partially complete at this point. To complete the configuration, you need to relate the network adapters to the bridge. I'm not exactly sure why this is because you have to select the adapters to create the bridge in the first place. This is my first bridge, so it's possible there is a better way of doing it. But this process has worked for me. If you know of a more concise way of configuring the bridge, let me know and I'll update the process.

In any case, select the bridge, right-click and select Properties:

7. In the Properties dialog, put check marks in the network adapters that you want to bridge. Make sure you select the wireless and Ethernet adapters.

8. Now, the bridge is complete. It will take a few moments for your laptop to finish the configuration, get a new DHCP lease and complete the connections.
To verify if your bridge works, connect the Xbox 360 to your pc/laptop's Ethernet port and connect with Xbox Live.