It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:12 pm 
Gender Illusionist

late to da party but whateva i do what i want

insanity and p90 are good for getting ripped, but packing on muscle you should just get a gym membership. I was around 120 lbs when I played XI, up to 165 now and more lean, I did one cycle of P90 but my goals were to gain weight not getting ripped so it wasn't really catered to me (although u can get muscle doing p90, it's all about calorie excess)

eat more calories than your BMR = gain weight, eat less = lose weight. Even without an ounce of exercise. shits simple yo

should keep a balance of macronutrients if u wanna be healthy tho, i do a 40/40/20 split of protein/carbs/fat in my diet... I think dyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee is the pro in all this tho

and Plois is spot on, cutting sugars is fucking crucial, even for health reasons if you are satisfied with your body. I drink the occasional soda, but now I feel guilty about it :blush:

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:05 am 
STFU

I do insanity, its good for cutting fat but not really for build, thats why i you have to do other shit and eat lots of cabs and shit if u wanna pack on the muscle

If ur looking for a workout to get lean and see improvements i really recomend insanity, kicks my ass every time and i even know what i have to do

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:36 am 
Ice is strong against fire!!

Debating on trying insanity... In the year and a half I lost my lisence I got really fucking lazy, used to go for a jog 2-3 times a weak and lift weights (just 30lb weights) on the other days. Put on like 30-40 pounds and feel disgusting. I'm also a big guy and was never really big on cardio, would insanity just wreck me so bad I couldn't handle it? I do physical work every day, and am back in "shape" but just can't lose the gut.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:15 pm 
STFU

Like amy said, these workouts are more for getting lean, and insanity is pretty crazy, but if you can run a mile or two comfortably then you should be ok with the starting workouts in insanity. I've been doing it for about a year now and i'm still winded and soaked when im done doing the workouts, but you can definatly tell the difference. If you want to get bigger and jacked though you have to do wait training and shit afterwords, as well as eat the right shit. As far as workouts go, i know that the guy from insanity has a new one out called Asylum or something like that, but i havent hurd/talked to anyone that does it. But if your looking to sweat your ass off, then go for insanity. The workouts arnt too extreme untill you get out of the first 30 days, its mostly all cardio, so you can stop and catch ur breath/rest whenever you need to.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:39 am 
Random Man

My abs, by abs, my abs, my abs. 2012 was the best choice I ever made. Continuing on through 2013.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:55 pm 
Black Thumb

I should really start running now that I'm medically cleared to do so.

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:44 pm 
Random Man

I should run, it seems so inconvenient for me though. I could run on the road to the Mississippi trace but, or the beachy area of the Mississippi river but I'm too lazy and usually want to quit things. I also need motivation so I don't quit too soon.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:01 pm 
Black Thumb

I think I'd have to just put more music on my iPod. Variety would likely keep me moving.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:40 pm 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

Roller blade 60 kms (37 miles) a week, keeps in shape like a mofo.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:05 pm 
Random Man

I was going to bring up the roller blade situation, but you guys have hockey as a major sport so roiller blades must be safe to use up there without being called out on it. For some reason rollerblading is shunned here. Like dudes wearing daisy dukes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:48 am 

I've heard "fruit boots" once (done around 2000 kms since June) by some fat faggot, and another say to his girlfriend "wow people still roller blade?" to which I replied "yeah this is what in shape people do you lazy fuck". I've had people ask me why roller blading, honestly it turned my legs into tree trunks, gave me the best cardio I've ever had and most important of all - it's free. Saved something like $900 on transit monthly passes by using them to get to work.

Even with the snow Toronto does a pretty good job of clearing the sidewalks and streets so I'm still doing it every day, even in like -10 degree weather. Nothing a hoodie and winter jacket can't fix. It's nice though because when I go to the gym I just need to do weights since going to work (about 12 kms total, hence the 60kms a week) covers the cardio part of my day just fine.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:03 am 
Random Man

You just became my hero for a few seconds. Have you seen Apollo Ohono's legs? He's a short track speed skating competitor (rollerblading on ice) and his legs are huge. Wish I could try that, I want big legs too. I'd have to do a lot of jumping and squating which sucks, the burn kills me.

Who started the stigma against rollerbladers anyway. Probably the movie "Airborne (1993)." :( I actually liked that movie too. http://youtu.be/Mz2CMDCD3WQ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:26 pm 

Just for a few seconds? :(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:11 pm 
Random Man

Well, dude you are Canadian. That's an accomplishment.

I kid <3 Canada.

Seriously though, I bow to you for not caring what others think. I need to work on that myself. I'll probably get a mountain bike and do off-road crap, and break my neck... maybe I should just stick to what I do. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:05 am 

Anyone who judges you for your workout method is probably a fat fuck. Screw what people think.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:15 am 
Random Man

No not on rollerblading but normal stuff like what I'm wearing, when I don't show up to events, who I'm seeing. It's like a curse, I'm always thinking about it even if no one else is. I'm weak, but at least I never done drugs or drink alcohol. That's one thing I couldn't be pressured into. Actually another is that I never stole a bike. Haunts me til this day.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:45 am 
Bitter Canadian

rollerblade somewhere and then steal a bike to get home
2 birds one stone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:09 am 

Ploid wrote:
No not on rollerblading but normal stuff like what I'm wearing, when I don't show up to events, who I'm seeing. It's like a curse, I'm always thinking about it even if no one else is. I'm weak, but at least I never done drugs or drink alcohol. That's one thing I couldn't be pressured into. Actually another is that I never stole a bike. Haunts me til this day.

Fuck what people think in general. It's the reason I never understood homophobia or why people judge others on their interests, who gives a shit what other people are into, shut the fuck up and do what you want to do.
Also, steal a bike. :plain:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:06 pm 
Black Thumb

All problems solved.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:49 pm 
Random Man

I just think too much. Like I said about when I shop, when people follow me around even if I say I don't need help. I assume they think I will steal something, so to make it interesting I pretend they are trying to steal my wallet. When friends or people that seem to know me start talking to me I smile and pretend to enjoy their company to seem pleasant even if I just want some peace. I don't do bad stuff just to fit in or anything, just stuff that I can put up with that don't effect others. I can tolerate a lot of crap, I'm generally a nice person, I'd rather make others happy which kinda makes me happy in a way. I'm not a angry black guy that the news warn you about.

You guys probably do it too. Laugh when you don't want to kinda stuff. Like when Sef tells a joke.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next