It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: BORDERLANDS OMG
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:12 am 
Cock atrice

So like, anyone getting Borderlands on the 20th? It looks so crazy. Killer2516 on 360 if you get this. I swear if this turns out in a flop I'll give up irl.

Post subject: Re: BORDERLANDS OMG
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:47 am 
Purposely trained wrong as a joke.

No I am not, but ty for axing.^^

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:42 pm 
Random Man

I heard good things about that game. 1mil+ guns.

I got Demon's Souls for my RPG fix, and it's sick. Never played a game so good. It's only hard because you have so much on the line and if you're careless you can wipe. But after so much FFXI I'm used to being careful, and losing exp (you keep gear and stuff you picked up). The not being able to pause isn't tough. Not being able to go back to a previous save, or load right after a mistake isn't too much either (it auto save after every little change). I'm straight in love with this game. Going to make a new video of my awesomeness now. Level 105 still on my first pass of the game to make sure I get everything I can this round. Newgame+ is a lot harder.

Video review:
http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14242310 ... 01509.html

Video of a young me (my favorite level)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G61_U9HnEAI&fmt=18

More screens:

Last edited by Ploid on Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:06 pm 
Random Man

Stuff (stole this for your late birthday present Killer. You're favorite THF - Ploid)

Borderlands is a unique experience blending skill-based first-person shooting with role playing game elements. The game boasts a groundbreaking content generation system allowing for near-endless variety in weapons, item drops and character customization. Borderlands allows for multiple players to share the same game experience simultaneously online in co-op gameplay. Players can freely join or leave each other's games at anytime, or choose to play in the full single-player mode. These features, along with a rich and deep fiction that touches upon the mysteries buried beneath the surface of a danger-filled planet, combine to form a breakthrough experience that challenges the conventions of modern shooters.

TITLE | Borderlands
PLATFORM | PC, Xbox 360, Playstation 3
GENRE | Role-Playing Shooter
DEVELOPER| Gearbox Software
PUBLISHER | 2K Games
OFFICIAL WEBSITE | http://www.borderlandsthegame.com

RELEASE DATES:
PC | US: October 26th, 2009 / EU: October 30th, 2009
Xbox 360 | US: October 20th, 2009 / EU: October 23rd, 2009
Playstation 3 | US: October 20th, 2009 / EU: October 23rd, 2009

RATINGS:
ESRB: M (Mature)

PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
# OS: Windows XP/Vista
# Processor: 2.4 Ghz or equivalent processor.
# Memory: 1GB System Ram (2GB recommend with Vista)
# Graphics: 256mb video ram or better.
# Hard Drive: 8 GB or more free space.
# Sound: Windows compatable sound card.

Borderlands is set in the distant future on a planet called Pandora. Rumors of rich natural resource deposits lured thousands of colonists to the desolate planet but they were disappointed. Those too poor to leave struggle to survive on the alien world with no rule of law.

There is a legend on Pandora, of a great Alien Vault, full of powerful otherworld technology. When the Atlas Corporation discovered tiny shards of material from this alien tech, they became the most powerful corporation on the planet. The vault is rumored to contain pristine artifacts, which Atlas wants for itself.

Players take on the role of a vault hunter, searching for the legendary cache.

There are four playable characters in Borderlands. Each has a unique story and special abilities. A player can improve his character qualities like max health, ammo capacity, and accuracy as he progresses through the game. There are 3 separate specialties for each of the characters. These specialties allow you to invest points to add to or enhance your fortune hunter's abilities. There's an unofficial talent calculator available for those of you that would like to create builds suitable to your play style or you can use the official ones listed with each character bio.

Lilith is one of only six Sirens in the galaxy, a group of people with incredible power. Unfortunately for her, she lacks a way of controlling it and thus seeks knowledge of her origins and abilities. She came to Pandora because she heard there was another Siren on the planet and wants to find whoever it is in the hope of learning more about herself. Her powers include the ability to increase her allies' rate of fire and the creation of temporal bubbles that slow down enemies' rate of fire and projectiles, or speed up allies. She specializes in Incendiary, Shock, and Corrosive guns. Lilith has three skill trees - Controller, Elemental, Assassin. Click Here to view Lilith's Skill Tree.

Mordecai traveled to Pandora in search of man named Quinn. Quinn is dead so now Mordecai seeks his killer. His skills include "Angel on Your Shoulder" which gives a critical hit boost whenever he headshots an enemy attacking his allies, and others that may simply increase hit percentages for allies. Partway through the game, he will befriend an alien creature that will assist in combat known as Bloodwing. Mordecai's weapon specialties are sniper rifles and pistols. He has three skill trees - Sniper, Rogue, and Gunslinger. Click Here to view Mordecai's Skill Tree.

Roland is a former soldier of the Crimson Lance, an elite private military group working for the Atlas Corporation. Roland's Leadership, Support and Medical abilities include generating new ammo for both himself and those in his party, increasing experience gained by the party and increasing health regeneration. Roland can gain the ability to shoot 'healing' bullets, which will damage his enemies, but heal his allies. He is also capable of deploying a turret with a shield barrier which can attack enemies or heal allies. Rolan is proficient with assault rifles and shotguns. His skill tree includes - Infantry, Support, and Medic. Click Here to view Roland's Skill Tree.

Brick is a gigantic hunk of muscle and meat with the mass of all three other characters combined who specializes in beating the ever-living crap out of anything he can get his hands on. He has bolts strapped to his fists and boots for that extra maiming action. His active skill is to inject himself with some kind of super-steroid for a temporary boost in melee power. Brick is known to utilize his fists and explosive weapons. His skill trees include - Brawler, Tank, Blaster. Click Here to view Brick's Skill Tree.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

TV Ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhKg64Wgr1Q
Claptrap Behind the Scenes Ep. 2: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/claptrap-behind-borderlands/56813
Claptrap Behind the Scenes Ep. 1: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/claptrap-behind-borderlands/55553
Newer trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDSRdp6Ar3M
Characters Trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/character-trailer-borderlands/55839
E3 09 Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG7lSTFtZ9Q
Gametrailers.com Preview: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/preview-borderlands/56123
GamesCon Interview: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/55047.html
PAX 09 Footage Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWtZjR8mz9c
PAX 09 Footage Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwSopF-AuL4
Original Borderlands Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSvTqfmv3DE

Q. Are there any differences in Borderlands among the three platforms?
A. The Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 versions of Borderlands are expected to be identical. However, PC gamers will be able to experience the game with the best graphics of the bunch and some additional features. First, you can export item cards to .jpg files allowing you to share your latest item with folks online. Secondly, Gearbox made menu and inventory changes to better suit the capabilities of PCs.

Q. Do the console versions support split screen?
A. Yes. You can play split screen with 2 players on both the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. However, it is not known whether or not you can utilize horizontal screen splitting. We have only seen vertical.

Q. How does death work on Pandora?
A. As your character takes too much damage, you enter a "Fight for Your Life" state, which immobilizing you. You will begin to bleed to death, but can continue to attack your enemies. If you are able to kill your enemy in this state, you will be given a second wind. However, with low hit points. Should you be unable to kill your foe, you will be sent to the nearest New-U-Station. Any enemies killed prior to your death will be gone and you can continue where you left off (see: Bioshock). During co-op play, your teammates can revive any immobilized players using med kits that can be found throughout Pandora.

Q. Can I customize my character?
A. New-U stations allow players to customize their fortune hunter. You can alter the colors of your outfit, change your name, or reset your skills. This can be done at any time.

Q. Is there a level cap?
A. Borderlands characters can not exceed level 50 at this time.

Q. How many guns are there in Borderlands?
A. 17,750,000 at last count. Shields and Class mods are also in the thousands. Guns and other items in Borderlands are represented by a color-coded system that many gamers are familiar with. You'll be able to tell how rare the item you got was from this system. From least to most rare, the colors are white, green, blue, purple, orange.

Q. How does cooperative play work?
A. Borderlands has drop-in drop-out, 4-player online, 4-player PC LAN, 2-player splitscreen (or 4-player LAN) on 360/PS3. Your character is persistent. Everything you do online is saved for play offline. You'll be able to join friends or have them join you in online co-op games at any time with your persistent characters. You can also allow random strangers to join or join random strangers.

Q. Can I pick the same character as my friend?
A. Yes, you can. You can have a team of 4 Bricks if you'd like.

Q. Does it matter what level we are?
A. If you are level 20 and your friend is level 5, it will not matter. Players of any level will be able to join each other in games. If you choose to face level 20 enemies as a level 5, expect to get creamed.

Q. Is there competitive play?
A. Players can start 1-on-1 PVP by meleeing each other to initiate a duel. A duel causes the area to be surrounded with a dome stopping players from exiting. The duel ends when one player is near death. The mechanics of this can be seen here. Additionally, there are multiplayer deathmatch options available in Arenas. Arenas can be located near the major settlements, and will offer many types of competitive play. Gearbox stated that it might offer downloadable content post-release that would expand PvP, if the community requested it.

Q. Is there a loot system?
A. All loot is free-for-all in Borderlands. Once it is on the ground, it is free for the taking.

Q. Can you trade items?
A. Yes. However, you will need to drop the item(s) on the ground for the other player to pick up. There is no secure trade system currently in the game. Gearbox has mentioned they will gauge interest for a better trade system in the future.

Q. Will there be a demo?
A. There will not be a pre-release demo available.

Q. New Game+!?!?!?!
A. Borderlands has a new game+ feature, where you can start fresh with tougher enemies and better loot!

We have a list going for the Borderlands GAF players. Gearbox has crafted a solid co-op component suited for up to 4 players. Now is your time to take advantage of it. Don't have any friends? Good. Sign up here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=17954859

DEALS:
STEAM Pre-Purchase Borderlands - Four Pack ($134.97) - Includes four copies of Borderlands - Send the extra copies to your friends and be ready to jump in 4-player co-op when the game releases.

UPDATES:
This thread is a work in progress. I know the images are the wrong background color. Damn that random background on posts. It will be fixed. I've got several things ready to be added soon. If you have any items you'd like to see here, please PM me.

- 10/13/09 03:00AM EST - Steam 4-Pack and FAQ additions.
- 10/13/09 02:12AM EST - Base Thread posted.

TO BE ADDED:
- Less Obnoxious Thread Art :lol
- Wallpapers
- Achievements/Trophies
- Articles
- Beastiary
- Vehicles
- Fan Sites
- Box Art
- etc.

Thanks to drizzle, Hazaro, Hawkian for their contributions.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:16 pm 
Cock atrice

Wow, you found a video I hadn't found yet. Thanks for the dueling one PROID! Damn I can't wait for the midnight launch of this!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:58 pm 
Black Thumb

Wow, that game sounds and looks like it's going to be awesome. Plois wanna get it and partner up???

I should add that I hold my guns sideways, is that going to affect accuracy?

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:23 pm 
Bitter Canadian

won't help acc but it will however reinforce negative steroetypes to your peoples
I also notice Ploid has a bunch of grass in that demon game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:36 am 
Random Man

Bodycount wrote:
won't help acc but it will however reinforce negative steroetypes to your peoples
I also notice Ploid has a bunch of grass in that demon game.

:lol:

Look at this Borderlands vid killer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmUJrKGN3C0 Funny stuff. I haven't watched it with sound yet but I can just tell it's even funnier with it.

And Vedder, I don't know. I'm burnt out on games for now. I highly recommend you rent Uncharted 2 as well, that game's SP blew me away. It's had me saying holy crap constantly. Some people have play throughs on youtube, and I watched one, but it's not the same. Although I think I remember you saying you only ha e a SD tv so maybe it is the same. :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:17 pm 
Black Thumb

GOT FOR PS3 HOLLERBACK THIS GAME IS FUCKING AMAZING I PLAYED IT TILL 4 AM LAST NIGHT AT MY ROOMMATE'S HOUSE.

ope caps, jk I rly meant what I said

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:05 pm 
Random Man

Nice., good for killer too. He won't have to quit gaming.

I'm going to go for Dragon Age. I didn't like Baulder's Gates 2 but this on console seem like FFXII. You can control the different party members, or you can give them gambit like instructions. Also no Japan loot system. Darn the Japanese for being afraid of giving awesome loot.

I'm kinda full on fps games. Not looking forward to a new one in a long time. Yes I'm skipping CoD6 MW2, well unless a friend leave it over my place again and move to New York again.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:07 am 

Yorke wrote:
AT MY ROOMMATE'S HOUSE.

???

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:22 pm 
Random Man

ItsSeflol wrote:
Yorke wrote:
AT MY ROOMMATE'S HOUSE.

???

When I just opened this thread again to read what new was posted, I glanced at Vedder's last post again before reaching yours. On this second glance I also thought, "at his roommate's house?" That vedder lol. Or maybe it's his old roommate, but not quite his friend. Maybe Vedder was just high on sleep deprivation.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:09 pm 
Black Thumb

My ex-roommate. You guys are racist ;/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:27 pm 
K-Fed Stunt Double

Welp, if i decide to sell iti, i'll def get this game so we can mess around

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:15 pm 
Random Man

Iticus wrote:
Welp, if i decide to sell iti, i'll def get this game so we can mess around

Needed a good place to post this in context for maximum lol.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:42 pm 
Cock atrice

Lvl 50 soldier with lvl 50 shotgun proficiency! Found an angry sweeper that is a Vladof (highest fire rate, lowest acc but who needs acc on a shotgun?!) coupled with metal storm and this makes for a crazy crazy shotgun build. I actually run out of shotgun shells with a +18 ammo regeneration mod... D:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:51 am 
K-Fed Stunt Double

$776 quote, totally not worth it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:23 am 
STFU

Kirrer! how is this game, it looks like it could be awesome or a total bust. :compsmash:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:33 am 

Yorke wrote:
My ex-roommate. You guys are racist ;/

ur

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:27 pm 
Black Thumb

It's awesome Kooyo. Has all the good parts of an RPG with FPS action. Bullets do more damage the higher level you are, you find new (rare) guns and equipment all the time. Plus the fact that you have different characters allows you to create awesome "teams."

Like yesterday, I was running up with my combat rifle (soldier) while my friend was on sniper and he was providing me support from about 1/3 of the map away while I was sitting there tearing shit up. I highly suggest getting this. Really fun gameplay....still have a lot to do in the game too. I'm sure online co-op and PvP are awesome.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next