It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:51 am 
Goblin Smithy

Finally rememberd to make a post on who we think our new president is. Also discuss it a bit. Oh, taking bets as well. We will pool the money and the people who voted for right person will split the pooled money.

100k on McCain

btw if you dont know, Obamas full name is Barack Hussein Obama..... HUSSEIN wtf. Wont say the pledge of allegiance, his wife was never patriotic til her husband ran for president, and he has no real experience.

Let the debating proceed!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:41 am 
Galkan Sausage

1. our founding fathers rebelled from england, what part of that is patriotic? if anything it's more american to not give two dicks about convention.
2. i'm sure there used to be a lot of germans named 'adolf' or 'hitler' too, but i don't think all of them were responsible for the holocaust. plus, wtf does his name have to do with anything? i'd vote for a guy named Shithead Rapesbabies McGuee if he looked like the best candidate.
3. i think this guy had a lot of 'experience': Image
how's he workin out again? orite, he declared war on iraq based on... uhh... REALLY FUKIN WRONG intelligence and shot his friend in the face while hunting a flightless bird on a private reserve. plus how much experience did arnold have before he became governor of california? he's not exactly doing a horrible job over there either.

i love how people against barack use all those same tired arguments as if repeating them for the millionth time would validate them anymore than a lunatic's rantings as he waves his penis towards oncoming traffic. either way, i'd be content i guess if mccain won mostly because he doesn't seem to give a damn about bipartisan politics from what i've seen/heard; hillary seems to slowly be losing her mind completely. if huckabee somehow manages to get elected anywhere near the executive branch, other than secretary of being completely fucking retarded, then i'm moving to canada or mexico (gogo highschool spanish class).

still, 300k on obama. he's got great charisma and is a linguistic god compared to bush; i believe he'd get us out of iraq within his first term (dat's rite, he's gonna x2 it), probably even out of afganistan too, not to mention he'd probably do wonders for foreign relations overall. also, i think between all of the candidates he'd do the most for promoting civil rights (not because he's black) for gays and hopefully help to start taking religion out of politics again or at least not go completely evangelical on our asses; plus, i believe he'd do a lot for medicare (unlike bush who vetoed against giving poor kids coverage...) and probably do a lot to help the environment with more eco-friendly laws.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:21 pm 
Eden Alumni

If I actually gave a shit about who won, I'd voe for the white man.

Clinton's a woman...

...and Obama's a colored man...yeah...not trying to be racist, but I'm sure something racist will happen...like him being shot in the head. At least w/ the white man, we're safe!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:01 pm 
lolmithrapld

Kennedy was black :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :!:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:06 pm 
Eden Alumni

The day George Lopez runs for president will be the day I register to vote.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:21 pm 
Black Thumb

Anyone who believes that this country will have a Republican president again next year is walking on a dental floss tightrope over a wilderness of razorblades(no offense, Swieter, and thanks to Matt Good for the assist). Sure, you guys may know an awful lot about the candidates, but the general public (who doesn't keep themselves updated) has been pissing into the wind with Bush for the past 8 years, and if the shift of balance in the legislative branches (think it was just over a year ago, forgive my inaccuracy if any) from the Republicans to Democrats shows anything at all, it shows how fed up people are with the Iraqi War (something that McCain has already said he is an intense proponent of). With McCain as president, we're never ever going to leave. The war thing hits kinda home with me since my brother was in the military, and I don't want to see ANYONE's brother over there getting killed for something that doesn't even affect us.

I generally don't discuss stuff like this cause I think it's important for each person to find their own reasons to vote for whoever they vote for. I'll just throw 100k into the pot and say Obama. Hillary Clinton seems like such a spaz, and crying for votes is just retarded. McCain should prolly just stick to seasoned french fries, and....wait, is there anyone else even running? The only way Clinton gets in is on the coattails of her husband.

100k on Obama

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:25 pm 
Eden Alumni

I couldn't tell you the difference between a democrat and a republican to save my life.

Either way, I don't care who wins. We'll all end up being screwed one way or another. 'Tis why I don't vote. I know, I'm a shitty American. :cat:

EDIT: I know not voting doesn't give me a right to be opinionative, and usually I don't. I'm just opinionated on the intelligence of our presidents. George W. Bush was a doozy!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:27 pm 
lolmithrapld

im gonna go farm and throw 100k on Obama, pretty fkn peeved that Aussie n American reporters let Prince Harry and his fellow soldiers down and place them in even more danger than they're already in, Including troops from said countries. way to endanger your own. :complain:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:37 pm 
Black Thumb

Scorsese wrote:
I couldn't tell you the difference between a democrat and a republican to save my life.

Funny you mention this. I took a Political Science course a few semesters ago and we learned why the United States is the only country in the world that will NEVER have more than two major parties running in an election. Your statement kinda summarizes part of the argument for the two-party system.

Basically, candidates will make themselves so much like the others (whether Democrat or Republican) that they are virtually indistinguishable. As an assumption, neither candidate is going to do anything particularly ground-breaking in opposition to the other candidate, and clearly if it was something positive that was accepted generally across America the other candidate would adopt it too. There's other reasons for the two-party system too, but I just thought I'd add my two-cents about why your statement holds water.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:42 pm 
lolSamurai

50K clinton

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:42 pm 
Eden Alumni

What Vedder said made no sense to me. :crazy:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:03 pm 
Black Thumb

Would you better understand if I wrapped my post in a floury tortilla shell?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:19 pm 
Eden Alumni

oooooooooo.........yes, please.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:28 pm 
Keyboard Cowboy

Nieryo wrote:
1. our founding fathers rebelled from england, what part of that is patriotic? if anything it's more american to not give two dicks about convention.
2. i'm sure there used to be a lot of germans named 'adolf' or 'hitler' too, but i don't think all of them were responsible for the holocaust. plus, wtf does his name have to do with anything? i'd vote for a guy named Shithead Rapesbabies McGuee if he looked like the best candidate.
3. i think this guy had a lot of 'experience': Image
how's he workin out again? orite, he declared war on iraq based on... uhh... REALLY FUKIN WRONG intelligence and shot his friend in the face while hunting a flightless bird on a private reserve. plus how much experience did arnold have before he became governor of california? he's not exactly doing a horrible job over there either.

i love how people against barack use all those same tired arguments as if repeating them for the millionth time would validate them anymore than a lunatic's rantings as he waves his penis towards oncoming traffic. either way, i'd be content i guess if mccain won mostly because he doesn't seem to give a damn about bipartisan politics from what i've seen/heard; hillary seems to slowly be losing her mind completely. if huckabee somehow manages to get elected anywhere near the executive branch, other than secretary of being completely fucking retarded, then i'm moving to canada or mexico (gogo highschool spanish class).

still, 300k on obama. he's got great charisma and is a linguistic god compared to bush; i believe he'd get us out of iraq within his first term (dat's rite, he's gonna x2 it), probably even out of afganistan too, not to mention he'd probably do wonders for foreign relations overall. also, i think between all of the candidates he'd do the most for promoting civil rights (not because he's black) for gays and hopefully help to start taking religion out of politics again or at least not go completely evangelical on our asses; plus, i believe he'd do a lot for medicare (unlike bush who vetoed against giving poor kids coverage...) and probably do a lot to help the environment with more eco-friendly laws.

The guy who formed Adidas was a German (dot dot dot) called Adolf (Adi) Dassler (which is also why it grates me tht ppl pronounce adeedus -.-). Fkn lame ass american ad campaigns D:< Also the guy who formed Puma was his brother Rudolf. Fkn germans.....

Also i shud care a bout the president campaign thing, since i now live here. But as i was in england about politics, i don't really give 2 shits about it. Surely any1 after bush is a step in the right direction??

Last edited by Oraphin on Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:32 pm 
Cock atrice

How does this work?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:22 pm 
Galkan Sausage

Scorsese wrote:

"The only difference between republicans and democrats is that republicans suck and deomcrats blow." - Lewis Black

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:01 am 
lolSamurai

Meka wrote:
How does this work?

way i see it, is we pay swieter how much we bet then after the election those that picked the right person split the $

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:12 am 
Back Sheep

300k on Obama, and yes I'm gonna vote by going to my consulate.

I was a big Bush supporter during his first term, hated him in his second term. In general, the military loved Bush until his second term. When my squadron found out that it was for oil (some of us knew that beforehand) the general consensus was fk republicans because some of our friends were sent over to Iraq and some didn't come back.

So yea, don't think republicans will be getting the military vote this term even though generally, the military does vote republican.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:39 am 
Black Thumb

Risbyn wrote:
300k on Obama, and yes I'm gonna vote by going to my consulate.

I was a big Bush supporter during his first term, hated him in his second term. In general, the military loved Bush until his second term. When my squadron found out that it was for oil (some of us knew that beforehand) the general consensus was fk republicans because some of our friends were sent over to Iraq and some didn't come back.

So yea, don't think republicans will be getting the military vote this term even though generally, the military does vote republican.

That's what I meant to say in my first post about republicans if I didn't really get that point across. A lot of people are going to vote for the next president primarily based on the fact that Bush is a Republican. Given that he has like an 18% approval rating or whatever, people are starting to frown on Republicanism in general as a result of Bush's terms. Kinda sucks for Republicans, but hey, you guys had your man in power the last 8 years right? Hope you think he did well^^ I don't.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:59 am 
Cock atrice

$2 Win Place or Show