It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Muffin Burgler
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:27 pm 
Eden Failure +1

This was on the main page of my works Intranet. I mean, who wouldn't want one of these puppies in their living room... Made me LOL.
----
175 Lb. Bloomberry Muffin Replica Missing from Greer Store
Lori Williamson, Bloom’s Cultural and Retail Marketing Manager, poses with the missing muffin.

The search has been on since the night of July 13 (Friday the 13th to be exact) when persons unknown absconded with a 175 lb. plastic replica of a Bloomberry muffin from the Bloom store in Greer, S.C. The theft of the giant muffin, which had been traveling from Bloom store to Bloom store as part of a marketing and promotional campaign, has made news around the Carolinas and most recently showed up nationally on CourtTV.com! So far, there are no crumbs of evidence as to its whereabouts to be found!

Have you seen the muffin? Greer Bloom store manager Keith Wilder filed a police report after it was discovered the muffin was missing and the search has been on ever since. Bloom is offering a $300 reward for information leading to the return of the muffin and a matching $300 to Loaves and Fishes, a missionary organization geared toward helping the hungry.

The police have received one tip. Someone saw a dark blue or black pickup truck leave the scene of the crime with the muffin in tow. (Of course, everyone knew the muffin could never fit in a car!)

The muffin, a Bloom icon and a part of the Bloom history, was first featured in an award-winning advertising campaign in Mooresville, N.C. That campaign featured a billboard, a giant muffin pan, an automobile and a muffin that mysteriously fell from the pan and crushed the car one night. It created quite a buzz in the area and kept people smiling for days. The muffin symbolizes Bloom’s signature bakery item, 6 oz. Bloomberry muffins filled with wild Maine blueberries and drizzled in icing.

Post subject: Re: Muffin Burgler
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:53 pm 
Black Thumb

I got arrested for stealing street signs once when I was 19. I was super-wasted.

Those were a lot cooler than this fucking muffin.

they slip through your fingertips because
they never happened to you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:17 pm 
Eden Failure +1

Thievery+1 rly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:05 pm 
Eden Alumni

You fatass. You've resorted to stealing fake food. You make me sad, Praetor.